Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Official NFL Draft Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390472)

AngusThermopyle 04-28-2007 07:52 PM

Re: The Official NFL Draft Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, this makes the SF-Patriot deal a bit nicer for the Niners if they only have to give up the Colt's pick next year instead of their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

no no - the Patriots have the 49ers pick. The 49ers get the Colts pick. the 49ers don't get to choose which one they ship to the Pats

(that is, if the SF/Indy trade is right...it really doesn't make a lot of sense)

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything I have read says a first round pick. Every other trade has said "X's first round pick".

Richard Tanner 04-28-2007 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Excellent point: Peyton, Marvin, Reggie, Dwight, Bob, Joe, Super Bowl rings.

Whew you're right, I do feel better

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Needle, buddy, didn't you hear, we just traded our next first round pick to get a second round Tackle. I think you can do a little dance over that one.

Cody

Needle77 04-28-2007 07:53 PM

What's goin on??? 30 seconds on the clock? Jags what are you doing?

Richard Tanner 04-28-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, this makes the SF-Patriot deal a bit nicer for the Niners if they only have to give up the Colt's pick next year instead of their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

no no - the Patriots have the 49ers pick. The 49ers get the Colts pick. the 49ers don't get to choose which one they ship to the Pats

(that is, if the SF/Indy trade is right...it really doesn't make a lot of sense)

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything I have read says a first round pick. Every other trade has said "X's first round pick".

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, they own both picks, they are allowed to choose which to trade.

Cody

TheNoodleMan 04-28-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Peyton sprains his pinkie toe. Out for the year. Colts finish 5-11. Get the 7th pick in next years draft. Oh wait, they just traded it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because Peyton Manning is such a wimp right?

He has missed one play due to injury in his entire career. He broke his jaw and missed one play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Already covered that Noodle, but he's still human, a car wreck can happen to anyone.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't have said anything if he just said "if Manning gets hurt" but its pretty disrespectful to imply that a minor injury is going to keep him out for an extended period of time.

Richard Tanner 04-28-2007 07:55 PM

While there is a little lull in the action. Cleveland has had the best draft thus far correct?

Cody

brettbrettr 04-28-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know the details of the Jets/Packers trade?

[/ QUOTE ]

On a Jets board they posted that we gave up #63, #89, and a 6th rounder. WTF?

The trade up for Revis was good. We got the top CB in the class and we're super-weak at CB. This is bad, we've got no picks left.

Needle77 04-28-2007 07:55 PM

I liked Hampton, hell I said in another thread I thought the Jags would take him...in the [censored] 4th [censored] round. WTF!!

chim17 04-28-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends.

Trades are normally designated with which pick it will be.

It's not like at the end of the day they can choose which to go with. They agreed to one.. so either they knew they'd be getting Indy's and traded that or they traded their one.

Kneel B4 Zod 04-28-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure? that makes no sense to me.