Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *official 2007 red sox thread* (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357666)

kyro 06-19-2007 07:52 PM

Re: *official 2007 red sox thread*

In the several games I've seen Schilling pitch, I haven't been impressed with him at all, and yet his stats aren't terrible. Around a 4.00 ERA and something like 1.3WHIP (at least before last night's game)

kidcolin 06-19-2007 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always been of the opinion that Timlin was garbage, but not Schilling. My knee-jerk reaction was to call you guys overreactionary Red Sox fans with regard to Schilling, but then I watched the game.

That was quite possibly one of the worst pitching performances I have ever seen out of someone that is supposed to be a legitimate #2-#3. 85-88 mph fastball and a 82-85 off-speed pitch? That is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the same reaction the Braves had. Chipper said he's never seen him that bad and he assumed he was hurt.

With regards to Timlin, he fell off fast this year. He was good to very good 2003-2005 (ERA+ of 133,118,and 197), average in 2006, and now he's lost it. He's old.

He's been one of my favorites over the past few years, but he's done.

34TheTruth34 06-19-2007 10:58 PM

What do you guys think about taking Snyder out here?

kyro 06-19-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think about taking Snyder out here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see the game. I'm checking the box score. It looks like Snyder pitched the 7th and Okajima came in to start the 8th. When was the delay? The Sox seem to have absolutely no issues with having Okajima pitch 100 innings this year.

kyro 06-19-2007 11:42 PM

Beckett with a double to deep left?

How about this. Beckett as a DH on his off days. Papi to first. Youk to second, Pedroia to short. Lugo to the waivers.

I should be GM or manager of the Sox.

Scary_Tiger 06-19-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How about this. Beckett as a DH on his off days. Papi to first. Youk to second, Pedroia to short. Lugo to the waivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

My MLB 07 The Show Lineup:

2B Pedroia
RF Drew
LF Ramirez
DH Ortiz
SS Tejada
1B Youkilis
3B Lowell
CF Wily Mo
C Varitek

NT! 06-19-2007 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

except when wakefield pitches, right? can beckett catch a knuckler?

Uglyowl 06-20-2007 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out Coco Crisp's catch... #1 play on Sportscenter. What has gotten into him?

legend42 06-20-2007 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check out Coco Crisp's catch... #1 play on Sportscenter. What has gotten into him?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been making those types of catches (and much more spectacular) for years. And he got some pitches he could drive yesterday, great! This whole "what's happened in the last 72 hours must be reality" thing is just absurd.

That said, I like Coco, and it's very very possible that even his last year and a half at the plate can be chalked up to variance/transition/pressure, and he could have a monster second half offensively. But saying "what's gotten into him" lately, like it's some sort of personal transformation, is idiotic.

NT! 06-20-2007 01:01 AM

legend,

he's been swinging the bat much better for a little over a week now. made some changes to his stance, he's more upright and a little more open.