Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467563)

TheRover 10-21-2007 11:53 AM

Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]
good lord. I'm watching the blackburn/reading match, and Tugay hit a wonder strike from about 35 out. A lot of power and it was just knuckling left and right. Seriously, check it out on the highlights tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

iirc he did something similar early last season as well.

Toopskees 10-22-2007 05:25 PM

Newcastle 3 - Spurs 1. When does Jol get the axe?

ledders07 10-22-2007 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

soon i would guess but i doubt there's anyone better available to take over. mourinho won't take it ldo and gary megson lol

Vavavoom 10-24-2007 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he will...

However, as a result of their poor start - I am getting hosed on my bets -------- ABSOLUTELY HOSED !

ledders07 10-24-2007 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he will...

However, as a result of their poor start - I am getting hosed on my bets -------- ABSOLUTELY HOSED !

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl at sp*rs

Droogie 10-24-2007 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You make it sound like he deliberately and obviously handballed a certain goal, in which case, why didn't the ref simply award a goal instead of a penalty?

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, Neville stopped the ball on the line, you can't just award a goal, this isn't playground "penalty or goal" stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't the ref award a goal? If a defender made a diving outstretched goal line save when the ball was going straight into the center of the goal you're telling me the refs only recourse would be a penalty and a sending off? That would be a pretty dumb rule imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell? This isn't basketball...

ThaSaltCracka 10-24-2007 11:01 AM

Arsenal v liverpool this weekend. I think the Gunners take it 3-1.

mosdef 10-24-2007 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't the ref award a goal? If a defender made a diving outstretched goal line save when the ball was going straight into the center of the goal you're telling me the refs only recourse would be a penalty and a sending off? That would be a pretty dumb rule imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ref can't award a goal because that isn't the rule. It isn't the rule because in 99% of game situations a penalty + a dismissal is better than a goal. If a defender is smart enough to punch out a goal right at the end of the game, taking a meaningless dismissal but giving his keeper a chance to save the penalty, I say more power to him.

PITTM 10-24-2007 06:19 PM

LOL

just saw that video for the first time. Love it because I hate ballack so much. But how on earth does the ref see that foul, see cesc walk right up to ballack and spit on his face and then only give a yellow? lol.

thedeezy 10-25-2007 05:45 PM

jol!