Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378830)

DustinG 04-18-2007 07:10 PM

Re: LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD)

and I don't see whats wolfy about the post you quoted

Mark_K 04-18-2007 07:11 PM

I've just finished rereading Herbie's post. I'm having a tough time believing he's a wolf. He's mainly pushed/fought GT1T with a little support for Luckay. He sounds like a villager with a read (and was half right) and just a little pissed-off because no one was seeing things his way. I liked his posts defending himself today.
Guys, I can't see any way he can be called a wolf solely based on his attack posts toward GT1T.

What posts did Herbie write that makes you feel he is the most likely wolf in the game?

Stephen H 04-18-2007 07:18 PM

it's a very basic "oh, here's an argument between two villagers" response - stir the conflict and set up lynching them both back to back; when Herbie gets lynched, he can drive a GT1T lynch the next day and never actually look bad for it.

Mark_K 04-18-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that I'm confused makes you a possible wolf. As I feel someone or something is trying to mess with progress we've made.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

What progress have we made?

We forced out Gandalf, and now he's dead without ever getting a single peek. Assuming nichp is who he says he is, Aragorn is not long for this world.

We lynched Theoden, who even though he sucked as a role, was at least a claimable village role (btw, luckayluck, I don't usually think of you as a selfish player, but the only words I can think of to describe your play yesterday are selfish and self-aggrandizing) that would have allowed us to clear him and avoid a lynch mistake.

Gollum is (probably!) in the open and threatening to blackmail us with the name of our only remaining seer.

We haven't lynched a single wolf and we haven't learned anything from yesterday's "bandwagons".

In fact, we are wandering around like freaking Hansel and Gretel looking for our eaten breadcrumbs, and the Wicked Witch is getting closer to finding the ringbearer every time we have a lynch.

Please, nez, enlighten me.

What the [censored] progress have we made?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have made some progress and hopefully the village has too. My village list is growing and my unknown list is shrinking.

The rest has to contain most of the wolves.

I'll post my current villager/wolf list shortly

DustinG 04-18-2007 07:37 PM

So I just went through the whole game reading Herbie posts- its not like there is anything that is super-wolfy, herbie is too good a wolf for that- but there isnt anything super-villagery either, which is why I asked him yesterday when he would be done traveling. I thought his post for Fmx today was wolfy the way he wrote a paragraph about stuff not-Fmx followed by a vote for him (which is something I think wolves are more likely to do)- and I thought his "I'm frustrated and ww is work" post was villagery.

It seems like he doesn't really have any sort of original reads though, and the whole game is spent discussing either him vs GT1T, or strategy stuff, and he isn't really pushing any people he thinks are wolves. I think this is enough for me to vote herbie because its probably what his wolf-game looks like.

herbie

Mark_K 04-18-2007 07:38 PM

Here's my current village/wolf list. The list reads from most villagery to most wolfish:

Lean Village
VoraciousReader
dmk
Nez477
clowntable
HerbieGRD
fmxda
DustinG
FCBLComish

Neutral
Jeremy517
ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S
Skoob
FortFun
Stephen H

Unknowns - basicly people not playing
RichC.
chuckleslovakian
Thebram

Lean Wolf
Jack Bando
TruFloridaGator- Awaiting outcome of Nich claim

I'm willing to support any BW from Neutral on down. I obviously like lynching Jack Bando the best (Currently voting for him).

wdcbooks 04-18-2007 07:38 PM

I am here just hanging around. I have high hopes for you guys tonight. Keep at it.

I will also likely make my vote by rand tonight. With one seer dead I won't have all that much use for an extra role block.

Mark_K 04-18-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I just went through the whole game reading Herbie posts- its not like there is anything that is super-wolfy, herbie is too good a wolf for that- but there isnt anything super-villagery either, which is why I asked him yesterday when he would be done traveling. I thought his post for Fmx today was wolfy the way he wrote a paragraph about stuff not-Fmx followed by a vote for him (which is something I think wolves are more likely to do)- and I thought his "I'm frustrated and ww is work" post was villagery.

It seems like he doesn't really have any sort of original reads though, and the whole game is spent discussing either him vs GT1T, or strategy stuff, and he isn't really pushing any people he thinks are wolves. I think this is enough for me to vote herbie because its probably what his wolf-game looks like.

herbie

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting point on him only focusing on one player. I'm going to read his two towers (was villager) posts for comparison. Does he usually make village lists etc?

DustinG 04-18-2007 07:42 PM

Books,

I feel like hopefully after this game if you keep posting enough I may gain a little insight into and be able to read you better. Sign up for the turbo please.

DustinG 04-18-2007 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Interesting point on him only focusing on one player. I'm going to read his two towers (was villager) posts for comparison. Does he usually make village lists etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

IDK. He did in STIII when he was evil- but it was just a few villagers and it wasn't an extensive list. I don't have a ton of experience with herbie and I can't say that I can read him

but I do think that if he was good he would be going after people he thinks are evil more, and not writing a post that has nothing at all do with fmx and then voting him.