Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Halloween WW - Costume Party (Game Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528193)

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 12:03 PM

Re: Halloween WW - Custome Party (Game Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
lol village
oh and whoever told me skillay was a wolf, why lol?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that was me -- i screwed up and misunderstood a conversation i had with mark
i think i told a few people skillay was a wolf

JennFox 11-14-2007 12:26 PM

thanks for the shout out dmk

im sure the loss is all my fault, lol, everyone else played perfectly

RoundTower 11-14-2007 12:30 PM

when a villager dies and it was probably a seer hunt, you really have to kill the guys he peeked as wolf. At least sometimes. even if it's exploitable. Especially when every time someone mentioned Mark, they died that night.

gg wolves, ty dmk it was a lot of fun.

clowntable 11-14-2007 12:36 PM

Nich, your strange roleclaim was extremly unfortunate because Jenn and I had spent a bunch of time coming up with a fake masonry that doesn't look too suspicious to the wolves and still fits in the game. Basically it couldn't look like
- Lovers - because that would make it a juicy kill
- Something with other powers (like monk+nun could be interpreted to have some angel like ability etc)
- Had to be a decent costume
- Had to be roles that dmk could put in the game

And we had to push who we pushed there. He pushed me all game, than he fake claimed seer and we had two nights of evidence were he could have done the wolfkill. That's high enough EV for me to do it again every time.
I also wanted to come out because I had made some comments about Mark being villagery that I wanted to take back with enough authority to be taken seriousely + give the good pumpkin some targets because I thought the majority would be good effects.

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 12:37 PM

clown point is you can do what you do -- but dont discredit nich and let people follow him but still state your points

you and jenn took over the thread guaranteed a wolf and when it wasnt it was like "oops we screwed up"

clowntable 11-14-2007 12:39 PM

Well nich's claim was extremly strange and he was also one who was on the possible nightkill list 2x

Nicholasp27 11-14-2007 12:44 PM

i just wish people would go with math SOMETIMES over their uber-omg-i'm-the-greatest-super-duper-read when voting

85% chance that at least one of mark or the other dude was a wolf with boiler...yet mark lives? even after he lied about the power that woulda protected me?

seriously, NOBODY is accurate on reads often enough to lynch like 3-4 people instead of mark this game...NOBODY is that accurate on reads to be >85% on 3-4 people in a row (and i'd argue over 90% thanks to the fake power claim that helped get a seer lynched)

clowntable 11-14-2007 12:45 PM

I completely agree with that nich

antidan444 11-14-2007 12:45 PM

I gotta be honest, I never recovered from FMXDA being a villager. My heart left this game at that point ... which was probably wrong of me, but I wanted out so bad at that moment.

As far as logic and reasoning and good villagering go ... yeah, since when have I ever been good at that? The only thing I do well, apparently, is looking like a villager.

Also, a big fat LOL at Herbie for flat out guessing my role (and not just "Casper" but "Casper the friendly ghost" just like it was in my PM, I mean, what the hell?!?) and at Luckay, who wound up being totally screwed by it, which I will laugh about forever. I swear you have a better chance of winning the lottery than having that exact scenario happen. Priceless.

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 12:48 PM

and f u chuckles for serialkilling me wtf

antidan444 11-14-2007 12:50 PM

Also, LOL me for the whole dustin/books voting gaffe. I'm an idiot, I thought it was 8-4 Dustin-Books at the time and thought my switching to Dustin would make it 9-4 and give Books his power. But I had been on Books, so it would have been 9-3 even without Jenn switching off Books right before I made my switch (I never saw Jenn's switch until I made mine). In other words, LOL ME I'M A HUGE MORAN!

HerbieGRD 11-14-2007 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, without revealing my role, let me tell you guys that:

1. I look like a Ku Klux Klan member.

2. Strangely, in spite of that, I'm a villager.

Interesting, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
ZOMG you are Casper the friendly ghost?

[/ QUOTE ]
sigh

HerbieGRD 11-14-2007 12:51 PM

page [censored] one

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 12:52 PM

well dan, you make that post -- i figured you were claiming some sort of a ghost

if herbie is a seer no way he makes that post tho

antidan444 11-14-2007 12:52 PM

In hindsight, Dustin's guess of my role ("Grand Wizard", which actually looks a lot like a KKK outfit) was better than Herbie's, except for the small detail of Herbie actually being exactly right LDO LOL ZOMG.

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 12:53 PM

why would anyone ever voluntarily mason with luckay anyway

jeeez

HerbieGRD 11-14-2007 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if herbie is a seer no way he makes that post tho

[/ QUOTE ]
Talk to Luckay

But seriously - I thought about it and decided that I very well might make that post as a seer ESPECIALLY since I had no idea that Dan was masoned with a wolf.

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 12:53 PM

good game all --- but it took way too long -- requiring majority lynch is awful

antidan444 11-14-2007 12:53 PM

Mets,

What threw me was most people would just guess "Casper" there ... his putting "the friendly ghost" on it really threw me for a loop.

antidan444 11-14-2007 12:54 PM

If he had just guessed "Casper" I'd have laughed at the correct guess and assumed it was just a guess.

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 12:54 PM

what other caspers are there?

casper the pigeon?
casper the madam?

only casper i ever heard of was casper the friendly ghost so im confused as to what you were talking about

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 12:55 PM

casper the friendly ghost -- the friendliest ghost i know -- dah dah dah -- dah dah dah dah

Nicholasp27 11-14-2007 12:56 PM

i disagree

when i saw ur post i thought kkk->ghost->casper...and i would always say casper the friendly ghost, not just casper

his cartoon show was called casper the friendly ghost, not casper..he's ALWAYS been referred to as casper the friendly ghost

i'd also say scooby doo, not just scooby

antidan444 11-14-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would anyone ever voluntarily mason with luckay anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

I explained that on d3, would have on d2 except for the small fact that I was a newt (I got better!). I took a chance, and I felt if Luckay was a villager (there was a 22 percent chance he was a wolf), his advice on how to handle the masonry would be useful. I got unlucky, and then Luckay got REALLY unlucky.

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 12:56 PM

i used to love that cartoon
and that theme song

antidan444 11-14-2007 12:57 PM

OK I confess I think I've seen the movie Casper once, and never the TV show, so I didn't know.

Nicholasp27 11-14-2007 12:58 PM

ok, there is the confusion

for some [censored] up reason, they named the movie Casper

so everywhere BUT that movie title, he's considered casper the friendly ghost, not just casper

movie title namers can be sucky

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 12:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZGarpxTrMU

antidan444 11-14-2007 01:01 PM

I've been thinking about this game after I died for a couple weeks now and I''ve gone back and forth with whether I should post this thought, so I figure, screw it.

My gut tells me that if I'm to become a good WW player, I need to be able to figure out that FMXDA is a villager in that spot. And that makes me think I'm doomed.

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 01:03 PM

i never saw the movie by the way

antidan444 11-14-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZGarpxTrMU

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, so now that will be stuck in my head all day. I'll be interviewing two volleyball teams tonight who are both playing for state titles Saturday, and instead of questions filling my head, that jingle will be in there. Awesome. You're such a great friend, mets ... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 01:03 PM

oh wait yes i did a long time ago

antidan444 11-14-2007 01:04 PM

Another fun thought, which I knew already but this game (and the USGAS1 game, which STILL NEVER HAPPENED!) reinforced: Being a wolf is a lot less stressful.

HerbieGRD 11-14-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another fun thought, which I knew already but this game (and the USGAS1 game, which STILL NEVER HAPPENED!) reinforced: Being a wolf is a lot less stressful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Disagree

antidan444 11-14-2007 01:05 PM

We can agree to disagree. I had fun being a wolf the one time.

jgunnip 11-14-2007 01:06 PM

gg wolves.

but village. come on. how can you not lynch KM after I was silenced?

Stephen H 11-14-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't have time to paste complete roleset because i kind of made up the PMs as i went and only have the role-names in a spreadsheet, which you know most of anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit this is the one thing I was hoping to see from this game.

BASTARD.

antidan444 11-14-2007 01:07 PM

THREE MORE POSTS FOR FOUR THOUSAND!

Also, I actually regret running up the post count d1. Sorry VR.

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 01:08 PM

i want post 1000

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 01:08 PM

i mean 4000