Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378830)

Nez477 04-18-2007 06:38 PM

Re: LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD)

In a random twist of events, I feel like voting for Dustin and VR today.

Does that make me an idiot too?

I very much admit that after Mark's posts today, he'd probably have to be playing the best first wolf game ever, which is pretty unlikely.

But I can't get over his first couple of posts yesterday. And I can't get over FMXDA's poor posts yesterday. Either way they've both done a semi-decent job of making arguments against themselves, so props.

I still like voting Herbie though. FCBL would also be accpetable, but I think he'd take more pride in his wolf game then this. I would guess he's an uninterested villager. At least at this point.

Herbie still is our best bet. This is the only vote I'm completely comfortable with today at this poitn.

DustinG 04-18-2007 06:38 PM

<u>Some FCBL Posts </u>

IDK. Maybe its not best to lynch him since he'll be traveling. He certainly hasn't offered much and how he is a clear villager after his first post IDK. I suppose his tone in his longer posts sounds ok but I can't read him well.

[ QUOTE ]
DIE HERBIE DIE

Here is a puzzle for you. See if you can figure it out:

1v"C4 h3(13i3

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
UNVOTE

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lynch Luckay

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[YOU ARE IGNORING THIS WOLF]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Herbie/Aaron double wagons would be hot, let's work on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, it doesn't take too much arm twisting for me..

LYNCH HERBIE

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I kind of agree it's such a cheap way to throw on a vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

My vote was on Luckay, and his wagon is going nowhere. Aaron gets lynched all the time for being first in the alphabet. I have no problem lynching Aaron, except that makes me the oldest one in the game. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I owe Herbie one, actually several. I joke voted him early, and unvoted. He does however seem to have developed a wagon.

I agree with the post that said Herbie was reading from the "How to serve Villagers Cookbook" when he did his first few posts.

HERBIE FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Been gone all day, this is very unlike me. I was on a few conference calls looking at potential franchises to buy, and had some errands to run.

I will be out of town the next 2 days. Taking an R+R trip to Reno. I will bring my laptop and try my hardest to find some WIFI somewhere.

I think we need to leave GT1T and Luckay alone for a while.

The correct play for Sauron is to stay as UTR as possible. Rich C posted at night before the first day. Can he possibly have misread the OP and thought it was ok for Sauron to post? If he did, he should be staying completely quiet at this point.

RICH C

[/ QUOTE ]

DustinG 04-18-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I didn't know my role, I'd say that I was a better vote than VR. You're not an idiot for wanting to vote me, but you are an idiot for wanting to vote VR.

Nez477 04-18-2007 06:43 PM

I really don't like your long post of FMXDA. His posts have often been forced IMO. But we can disagree.

I've never been a villager before and found such disconnect with other people who I've thought were also villagers like this before.

At least Jeremy and Jack seem to be with me.

Nez477 04-18-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I didn't know my role, I'd say that I was a better vote than VR. You're not an idiot for wanting to vote me, but you are an idiot for wanting to vote VR.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have never been this aggressive before.

I'm starting to think that the wolves are intelligent wolves because they are messing with the most active villager's head.

Therefore you being a wolf makes sense.

Can you honestly tell me that VR didn't have a freakign wolfy day?

DustinG 04-18-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have never been this aggressive before.

I'm starting to think that the wolves are intelligent wolves because they are messing with the most active villager's head.

Therefore you being a wolf makes sense.

Can you honestly tell me that VR didn't have a freakign wolfy day?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll leave the aggressive dustin=wolf argument aside.

After VRs D1 she can howl to the moon the rest of the game for all I care- she isnt a wolf. And yesterday she played fine.

Nez477 04-18-2007 06:54 PM

I'm not saying you are a wolf because you are aggressive. You were a wolf in ASXII and were very level-headed.

The fact that I'm confused makes you a possible wolf. As I feel someone or something is trying to mess with progress we've made.

VoraciousReader 04-18-2007 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that I'm confused makes you a possible wolf. As I feel someone or something is trying to mess with progress we've made.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

What progress have we made?

We forced out Gandalf, and now he's dead without ever getting a single peek. Assuming nichp is who he says he is, Aragorn is not long for this world.

We lynched Theoden, who even though he sucked as a role, was at least a claimable village role (btw, luckayluck, I don't usually think of you as a selfish player, but the only words I can think of to describe your play yesterday are selfish and self-aggrandizing) that would have allowed us to clear him and avoid a lynch mistake.

Gollum is (probably!) in the open and threatening to blackmail us with the name of our only remaining seer.

We haven't lynched a single wolf and we haven't learned anything from yesterday's "bandwagons".

In fact, we are wandering around like freaking Hansel and Gretel looking for our eaten breadcrumbs, and the Wicked Witch is getting closer to finding the ringbearer every time we have a lynch.

Please, nez, enlighten me.

What the [censored] progress have we made?

Stephen H 04-18-2007 07:06 PM

Dustin, I come to the opposite conclusions from fmxda's posts. In fact, I quoted one of those very same posts yesterday because it jumped off the page to me as wolfy as hell:

[ QUOTE ]
Hm, after Herbie dies I'll take on the mantle of leadership and crusade against gt1t the wolf

... unless Herbie comes up wolf

... which he won't

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why you find this to be carefree villagery when I find it to be really wolfy.

DustinG 04-18-2007 07:09 PM

people are going to treat things in different ways- one or two of anybodies posts can be seen as wolfy- but when you look at ALL OF HIS POSTS, I really don't see wolfiness.