Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Official NHL Playoffs Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374287)

GambleGamble 05-10-2007 10:56 PM

Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

Ottawa had a good game plan against Buffalo early knowing our d will pinch in a lot allowing 2 breakaways on our PP with Fisher potting one....

...and there PP is crisp they were snapping of passes with good precision...

...but Buffalo game back from 2-0 and made a game out of it until a shity defenseive effort in Buffalos zone gave them the 3-2 lead...when it was 2-2 in the third I felt like it was almost an overtime situation...whoever scores first will take it down...unfortunately the Sabres sucked donkey balls on D and effort wise, and the Sens showed how they stifled the Devils and just shutting down our effort in the 3rd once they pulled ahead..

...good game Sens...Lindy will make some adjustments and we need to pull out a win Saturday for sure and a split up there now without a doubt..

T-God 05-11-2007 12:33 AM

Hey guys I just wanted to say hi. Not gonna brag about the Sens, just sayin' hi

Hi!

Lolz, Sens rocked tonight.

Triumph36 05-11-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hi!

[/ QUOTE ]

sens in 6 ldo - missed the game but the sabres just don't have 'it' this year. going to take something dramatic to find 'it'.

MacGuyV 05-11-2007 01:18 AM

Hey guys - hockey still does the best of 7 thing right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Ruff hasn't lost many Game 1's but teams that go all the way usually do at some point. We'll see how they respond.

Ott def. the better team tonight. Looked like the Sabres thought they were still playing vs. Lundquist aiming for the top corners...just get the puck on net.

g-bebe 05-11-2007 01:38 AM

Usually, when the team I'm rooting for gets bumped in most professional sporting playoffs, I still follow the rest fo the postseason. Hockey, I never seem to. Just seems like they take way too long and get less and less interesting. Nonetheless, I did catch portions of the 1st and 3rd, and in those periods, Ottawa clearly looked a lot sharper.

stealthcow 05-11-2007 08:45 AM

Emery didn't look very good. After the Sabres tied it, they had two chances where Emery was down and out but a Sens defenceman saved the goal.

I didn't see the first period. If the Sabres get into the type of games where there are only 2-3 penalties/team i really like their chances. But if its gonna be a game with both teams going to the box all the time, the Sabres are in trouble cause their pp sucks.

stealthcow-

rafiki 05-11-2007 09:58 AM

Man I hope it ends in 6, that would be so money, I have tickets to that.

For all you sharp betting fans, here's the stat most of you sens fans know. In the modern sens history, Ottawa has NEVER won a game 2 after winning game 1.

yes I'm betting Buffalo for game 2, and hard.

Triumph36 05-11-2007 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For all you sharp betting fans, here's the stat most of you sens fans know. In the modern sens history, Ottawa has NEVER won a game 2 after winning game 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you really on a gambling website saying this? i mean - really?

rafiki 05-11-2007 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you really on a gambling website saying this? i mean - really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, if ONE new person reads my post and gains knowledge from it, it's worth it. The fact that you know about it is clearly not relevant. Like I know nadda about baseball betting, and the baseball guys were kind enough to teach me about Wakefield in domes. I didn't know ! And I'm glad they posted it. but thanks tips !

CrazyPsycho 05-11-2007 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hi!

[/ QUOTE ]

sens in 6 ldo - missed the game but the sabres just don't have 'it' this year. going to take something dramatic to find 'it'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the Sens still have Emery. Shaky as hell, it's too bad Buffalo created next to nothing. I guess you have to credit the Sens defense some, but Buffalo was a giveaway machine in Game 1. If it continues it's over, otherwise, it's going to be a long series.