Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Guitar Hero III (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523244)

Number27 11-04-2007 04:20 PM

Re: ~What

[ QUOTE ]
This might have been answered, but I can't wade through this whole thing again. Do I have to enter the 'unlock all' code every time I play, or is there a way to permanently unlock it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Permanently unlock what?

lwrunner103 11-04-2007 05:51 PM

TTFAF is such a great song I love just running it in practice mode and just jamming the strum button. I have to learn how to tap.

vulturesrow 11-04-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This might have been answered, but I can't wade through this whole thing again. Do I have to enter the 'unlock all' code every time I play, or is there a way to permanently unlock it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Permanently unlock what?

[/ QUOTE ]

It.

dmk 11-04-2007 10:09 PM

just finished medium w/out a problem

i'm sort of dreading hard since adapting to the O is going to be tough. but here we go...

TheCroShow 11-04-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i'm sort of dreading hard since adapting to the O is going to be tough. but here we go...

[/ QUOTE ]

if 2 player co-op career is an option for you..you may wanna try playing co-op, and play bass. my bro is transitioning from medium to hard and the hard bass is a nice transition

Number27 11-04-2007 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if 2 player co-op career is an option for you..you may wanna try playing co-op, and play bass. my bro is transitioning from medium to hard and the hard bass is a nice transition

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do this by just selecting the Bass/Hard on full speed in practice mode.

Ghazban 11-05-2007 12:25 AM

Why do I suck so much at playing fast? Give me a ton of unrelated chords in a row (even if they're somewhat fast) and I'll nail the crap out of them but give me one big tremolo or one stupid fast solo run and I have no chance. I don't know if I'll even be able to beat Expert in this game let alone 5-star all the main songs

... at least not before Rock Band comes out [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tokyo!! 11-05-2007 01:03 AM

fk raining blood, that is all

Zimmer4141 11-05-2007 01:57 AM

Up to 10 FCs on Expert.

1st 2 sets without the encores on each of them, When You were Young, and Paranoid.

I'm close to getting Rock and Roll All Night, but there are a few tough stretches in the solos that I'm having problems with.

furyshade 11-05-2007 02:31 AM

any tips on how to move from averaging 80%-85% on hard (im stuck on knights of cydonia) to 5*ing hard and getting to expert? im okay at HO/PO but get killed on the really long sections of it and seem to overstrum

MasterShakeJr 11-05-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Permanently unlock what?

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I thought the songs would be unlocked in career mode but they're unlocked in quick play. Sorry.

blackize 11-05-2007 11:10 AM

Just moved up to hard. Now I have to spend a lot of time in practice mode just to complete each song. This [censored] is starting to get really tough.

GetThere1Time 11-05-2007 11:22 AM

Note charts are out. I'm gonna work my way through the songs slowly and do em right

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...1105041303.jpg

Current 2nd on XBL and 3rd on SH \m/

bogey1 11-05-2007 11:40 AM

GH3 is pissing me off. I finished GH 1 and 2 on expert. I can't survive "One" on Hard on GH3. I'll get there, been to 97%, but my strum hand just gets tired and out of rythm.

I couldn't beat Slash on Expert after about 50 tries. Didn't fail a single damn song except the Dead Kennedy's song and then Slash just crushes me. I'm not great, I don't 5* things much, but I'm good enough that passing songs isn't a big deal.

The boss battles are way, way harder than the actual songs and I hate them with a passion. Talk about taking a fun game and making it suck. The power ups ruin the song (sounds like crap with all the stuff going on) and they are just plain un-fun.

Clayton 11-05-2007 12:24 PM

what is this strumming people are talking about?

im having a hard time nailing fast combos and that video of the jordan thing helped a little bit

Grue 11-05-2007 01:36 PM

hmm yeah I think I'm virtually "done" with this game i.e. I'm not going to get anywhere farther in terms of beating songs/5*'ing them. I 5 starred everything in hard other than stricken 3s&7s KOC rainingblood #ofB one. I think MAYBE I can 5* 3s&7s and stricken but the rest are hopeless for my ability.

blackize 11-05-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

im having a hard time nailing fast combos and that video of the jordan thing helped a little bit

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?

vulturesrow 11-05-2007 01:54 PM

Well I bought the game on Saturday and zoomed through easy except for Raining Blood which was not fun. I guess I can defend my ineptitude by pointing out I've never played any GH until this one. So I started medium difficulty last night and now I'm really wishing I hadnt bothered with easy because I'm now fighting the muscle memory of having to use just 3 frets. Definitely pissing me off but I guess I cant expect too much since I just learned how to play this game.

DukeSucks 11-05-2007 03:03 PM

I still haven't made the effort to start hard yet. I've FC'd several songs in medium. I was going to get going with it this weekend, but spent all my time on XBL. That's a lot of fun. I played one guy and we both got an FC on Even Flow, but he chose a different star path and I beat him by about 150 pts.

My 9 year old daughter likes to take the headset and say "good game" after I win, so they think they lost to some little girl [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also started messing around in some songs to try and help prove the 5* cutoffs for scorehero. Doing that's a good change of pace too when you get bored on XBL or playing in your career.

vulturesrow 11-05-2007 03:19 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I was kinda bummed because I could barely make it through Slow Ride on medium. I think part of it was the fact that I had been playing for a while and my hands were kind of shot, and I was probably up too late as well. Hoping when I try again tonight I'll see some improvement. Like the idea of having my kid say GG on the mic, I'll have to try it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

DukeSucks 11-05-2007 03:35 PM

Haven't seen this posted here yet, but southpark will be about GH this week.

link

gusmahler 11-05-2007 06:14 PM

GT1T alluded to the note charts being available. Here's a link to them:

http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/

(The link also provides the "optimum" activation points for all the songs in GH1, GH2, and GH2: 80s. He hasn't provided those points for GH3, I think because he wants people to figure them out for themselves, before using his program to determine them.)

blackize 11-05-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well I bought the game on Saturday and zoomed through easy except for Raining Blood which was not fun. I guess I can defend my ineptitude by pointing out I've never played any GH until this one. So I started medium difficulty last night and now I'm really wishing I hadnt bothered with easy because I'm now fighting the muscle memory of having to use just 3 frets. Definitely pissing me off but I guess I cant expect too much since I just learned how to play this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem. It's even worse on hard, but being successful is so much more satisfying.

This is like a completely different game as you step up each notch in difficulty which I think is really cool.

blackize 11-05-2007 06:20 PM

I played online on the Wii a couple nights ago and there was 1 extra song for each venue that I hadn't seen before. How do I unlock those in the offline modes, without using unlock all of course?

Number27 11-05-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played online on the Wii a couple nights ago and there was 1 extra song for each venue that I hadn't seen before. How do I unlock those in the offline modes, without using unlock all of course?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are probably the encores for the co-op career. You have to play through the game with a friend to unlock them. You can also use the 'unlock everything' cheat.

Sooga 11-05-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem. It's even worse on hard, but being successful is so much more satisfying.

This is like a completely different game as you step up each notch in difficulty which I think is really cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea man, I blew through Easy the first night I got it, and I spent the last week getting through Medium. I'm hitting a wall now, though.... I can 5-* all but 2 or 3 of the Mediums, but I can't get anything above a 3-* on any of the hards. Argh this is so frustrating.

furyshade 11-05-2007 07:20 PM

the last tier is killing me on hard, any tips for getting through these death metal songs?

kyro 11-05-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the last tier is killing me on hard, any tips for getting through these death metal songs?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll never pass Raining Blood. Just give it up.

TimTimSalabim 11-05-2007 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Practice, practice, practice. Fortunately, Practice Mode is more fun than it used to be. Although it annoys me that it doesn't remember your speed setting.

Grue 11-05-2007 08:36 PM

how is practice mode any more fun exactly? Haven't noticed. Pretty sure I'm addicted to hyperspeed. I'm now playing hard on HS4 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

TimTimSalabim 11-05-2007 08:52 PM

To me practice mode was very dry in GH2. In GH3 it displays your streaks and your scores, it just makes it more colorful and fun while you're learning a tough song by playing it repeatedly on a slower setting, which is inherently rather boring otherwise.

Ghazban 11-05-2007 08:53 PM

I wish practice mode had a sliding speed setting rather than 4 distinct speeds.

blackize 11-05-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yea man, I blew through Easy the first night I got it, and I spent the last week getting through Medium. I'm hitting a wall now, though.... I can 5-* all but 2 or 3 of the Mediums, but I can't get anything above a 3-* on any of the hards. Argh this is so frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm in a similar boat. Breezed through easy, then 5starred everything but raining blood. On Medium I didn't try for any 5*'s just went and completed every song. Now on hard I'm struggling to finish out the first venue.

I thought it was the coolest thing when I started playing medium. I didn't even notice how few of the notes you play on easy. When I fired up some songs on medium it occurred to me that easy mode is basically just playing the major changes and nothing else. Medium/Hard just feel so much more like you're actually playing the song.

Ghazban 11-05-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm in a similar boat. Breezed through easy, then 5starred everything but raining blood. On Medium I didn't try for any 5*'s just went and completed every song. Now on hard I'm struggling to finish out the first venue.

I thought it was the coolest thing when I started playing medium. I didn't even notice how few of the notes you play on easy. When I fired up some songs on medium it occurred to me that easy mode is basically just playing the major changes and nothing else. Medium/Hard just feel so much more like you're actually playing the song.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expert will feel like you are actually playing the solos, too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

blackize 11-05-2007 11:13 PM

Heh I'm sure. I really suck though, it takes all my brain power just to see which notes are coming and hope to hit them. I'm nowhere near ready for expert yet.

Playing GH3 is mentally draining.

holdme 11-05-2007 11:31 PM

im still stuck on slayer [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

furyshade 11-05-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

hate tier 8 so much, i dont wanna cheat so im considering just going and beating the game on medium

vulturesrow 11-05-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That song is pretty intense on easy, I'm scared to even try it on medium. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

bottomset 11-05-2007 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish practice mode had a sliding speed setting rather than 4 distinct speeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish they let you look at the note chart and see exactly which notes you missed

vulturesrow 11-06-2007 12:48 AM

btw, my GT is vulturesrow if anyone wants to add me. As I said in my earlier post, I just started playing medium and I suck hard right now but if you dont mind that too much then I would be more than happy to play coop with any of you.