Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Brace on my wrist TURBO (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557718)

metsandfinsfan 11-30-2007 12:34 PM

Re: Brace on my wrist TURBO

gg village holla

PS

DAN'S PEEK WAS CHIM VILLAGE, LOL

fmxda 11-30-2007 12:35 PM

12/13 meaning you were correct on 12/13 reads?

What's more telling (in terms of seer-meta and fakeseering) is what percent of the time were you seer-hunted when faking, and how many times were you able to just post your peek and live as the seer.

metsandfinsfan 11-30-2007 12:36 PM

also dustin:

the problem with your meta is that we all know what you are capable of, so if you are alive at the end in a game like this, you are a pretty good vote.

chim17 11-30-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gg village holla

PS

DAN'S PEEK WAS CHIM VILLAGE, LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Our House 11-30-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
d1 was funny because OH never sent me my role and I thought I was a villager

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, didn't mean to (although I know how much you love that sort of stuff). AJ and I were on AIM the whole time I randed, so I told him "wolf...with Dustin" and then PMd Dan as the seer. For some reason (because of the AIM context), I thought AJ was getting in touch with you right after.

metsandfinsfan 11-30-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh, pretty sure Tarheels is a villager now.

How about quiet ANtidan

[/ QUOTE ]

Less village-on-village hate please.

[/ QUOTE ]

and this was his seer hint

LOL again

chim17 11-30-2007 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh, pretty sure Tarheels is a villager now.

How about quiet ANtidan

[/ QUOTE ]

Less village-on-village hate please.

[/ QUOTE ]

and this was his seer hint

LOL again

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I feel bad for him. With a proper count he coulda at least claimed.

Oh well his team won.

Our House 11-30-2007 12:49 PM

Dan mentioned that to me later in the night. I told him that it really didn't make much of a difference (in this case) because mets got cleared instead.

If mets was a wolf, different story. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

DustinG 11-30-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
12/13 meaning you were correct on 12/13 reads?

What's more telling (in terms of seer-meta and fakeseering) is what percent of the time were you seer-hunted when faking, and how many times were you able to just post your peek and live as the seer.

[/ QUOTE ]

since i started faking seer I think I've been falsely seer hunted 4 times

Actually as the seer, I lived 3 days with Shorty as a wolf, was killed by Jenn N1, and there might have been one other game where i lived until at least d2 but im not sure

metsandfinsfan 11-30-2007 05:46 PM

u care way too much about your seer meta

chuckleslovakian 11-30-2007 05:47 PM

Truth is you made a mistake in killing me. I said earlier in the game I always lose final 3s while drunk, and probably would of lost this one too.

Zurvan 11-30-2007 05:49 PM

Not killing drunk people should be the #1 rule of wolfing, imsnho

DustinG 11-30-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Truth is you made a mistake in killing me. I said earlier in the game I always lose final 3s while drunk, and probably would of lost this one too.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, thats entirely possible.

After what happened the 2nd to last day, all I could think about was "Chuck is %100 clear so I should kill him"- but Chim was pretty much equally clear and he had it out for me.

DustinG 11-30-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its still a work in progess

fmxda 11-30-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
well to be fair I did ask him [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I think this kind of metagame has seriously diminishing returns; leaving seer hints as a villager is pretty standard. I think the more you expect the village to treat your hints as real peeks it starts losing EV. (Not saying/thinking you do this)

For example you may be able to reliably read some people as a villager in day one. But then it becomes more unlikely you would actually peek these people as the seer.

So to counter that, eventually you have to say you have a read on someone you can't read well -> this leads to being wrong on your hints more often -> less effective seer-meta.

I think it's pretty hard to stay ahead of the curve here, but looks like you're doing a good job of it thanks to your good reads

DustinG 11-30-2007 06:04 PM

Fmx, you make a good point.

One thing I try and do is wait for someone villagery enough to fake with, and if no one is acting villagery enough then I'll say "my peek isn't acting villagery so I can't clear him" Then later when someone acts more villagery I do it. It isn't really hard to find 1 villager on D1.

And in general I think too many people put too much emphasis on wolf hunting, and not enough on clearing villagers and using process of elimination to find wolves.

And the other day I peeked Mets d1 who I read fairly well. I'm not really THAT concerned with peeking people I can't read though, because countless people that I've cleared have gotten lynched anyways (and sometimes rightly so).

I'd rather just peek someone who isn't likely to get lynched early regardless of how well I read them.

traz 11-30-2007 06:06 PM

tbh when I hunt seers I don't even look at their "peeks"

so continue to fake peek, it doesn't matter as much as you think. I mean essentially, you could just say "i think x is a villager" whether you're village or seer and it's exactly the same thing, so it's not like this is very revolutionary

DustinG 11-30-2007 06:13 PM

yeah Traz, I understand how you operate.

But you probably aren't going to be hunting someone who has flip flopped around on everybody in the game either. One obviously doesn't need to announce "i am the seer" to fake seer, but one should at least be consistent and to try and make their peeks fit and make sense with their posts and the game, and a lot of people dont do that which hurts the village.

traz 11-30-2007 06:30 PM

ja that's also true.

I don't really think about it because like you say, it's pretty easy to find 2 villagers within the first couple minutes, so as long as you say you think they're villagers and roll with it, it's fine.

I guess i've always done that though...i've always advocated posting as if you're 100% confident, even if you're unsure. If you end up wrong then you end up wrong, but there's really not alot of reason to voice confusion (unless it's a critical decision and people are really relying on your honest thoughts).

antidan444 11-30-2007 06:38 PM

I'll say this much ... from now on, I don't care how much it detracts from me playing the game, I'm keeping my own damn vote count.

Not knowing, I was left having to guess which of AJ and Jgunnip had more votes, so I could get on them to save myself. Having voted for Jgun first, then switching to AJ, when I tried to switch back to Jgun I got a "post already exists" error message, and then night hit so I couldn't get my switch through or outright claim.

I thought my chim seer peek hint was pretty good, but I guess it was just a bit too subtle. I took extra care to make my mets and dustin reads look like exactly that, reads. (Boy was I wrong on dustin.)

Meh, basically, I thought I played pretty well for a change and never expected to get wagoned there, which threw me.

chim17 11-30-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll say this much ... from now on, I don't care how much it detracts from me playing the game, I'm keeping my own damn vote count.

Not knowing, I was left having to guess which of AJ and Jgunnip had more votes, so I could get on them to save myself. Having voted for Jgun first, then switching to AJ, when I tried to switch back to Jgun I got a "post already exists" error message, and then night hit so I couldn't get my switch through or outright claim.

I thought my chim seer peek hint was pretty good, but I guess it was just a bit too subtle. I took extra care to make my mets and dustin reads look like exactly that, reads. (Boy was I wrong on dustin.)

Meh, basically, I thought I played pretty well for a change and never expected to get wagoned there, which threw me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, it worked out unfortunate for you since we didn't have a count so you couldn't clear me.

THat being said, this game woulda been lol if Mets and Dustin were wolves.

DustinG 11-30-2007 06:40 PM

Antidan,

You weren't wrong.

antidan444 11-30-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Antidan,

You weren't wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, good point.

antidan444 11-30-2007 06:42 PM

First turbo wolf conversion ever?

DustinG 11-30-2007 06:42 PM

also, people should have probably looked for the Chim hint.

Everybody was lazy and just assumed Antidan peeked Mets, even though that really made no sense when you actually read his posts about Mets- and I said so last night and called wolfy for it.

chim17 11-30-2007 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First turbo wolf conversion ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

We had a themed turbo where I was a convertible. I almost got lynched d1 as a villager, everyone thought I was wolf. I got converted n1 and then somehow I was clear the rest of the game. It was funny.

fmxda 11-30-2007 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so as long as you say you think they're villagers and roll with it, it's fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the extent to which you rely on this read is important. The more you push it and believe it, the worse the outcome is for that small % of the time when you're wrong: you don't get nightkilled, villagers listen to and follow your wrong read etc.

But having a habit of leaving some sort of seer peek most of the time is a good thing. Maybe it could have cleared up antidan's peek a little this game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

antidan444 11-30-2007 06:49 PM

I actually think I may start doing the "If I'm a seer I peeked (fill in the blanks), but I'm not" thing. Really. I see little downside.

antidan444 11-30-2007 06:50 PM

I will not fake as a villager with a wolf though. Man I hate that.

DustinG 11-30-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think I may start doing the "If I'm a seer I peeked (fill in the blanks), but I'm not" thing. Really. I see little downside.

[/ QUOTE ]

the downside is being wrong and eliminating yourself from getting hunted

also, if you decide to fake with some villagers, I think you need to incorporate some amount of hinting at wolves too, like I did with Alex D1 this game. You don't necessarily have to say "i peeked xxx as a wolf" in order to fake with them.

antidan444 11-30-2007 06:56 PM

Dustin,

I think the majority of the time I can find at least one player, per day, I'd feel pretty good about calling a villager in a fake claim.

(I know, given I'm the one saying that, it's kinda funny. But I actually think I do OK finding villagers, no matter what people think of my methods.)

Zurvan 11-30-2007 06:58 PM

I think people should stop worrying about their own metagame, and doing this to help the 1 game in 9 or whatever that they're a seer. Since everything you do to help your seer meta hurts your village meta, you're f'ing up your villager games to help your seer game.

fmxda 11-30-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the upside is being tricky with an intentionally wrong peek and eliminating yourself from getting hunted when you are actually the seer

[/ QUOTE ]

DustinG 11-30-2007 07:00 PM

Zurvan,

I honestly don't understand.

Also, I thought drawing early NK's was good for the village?

DustinG 11-30-2007 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the upside is being tricky with an intentionally wrong peek and eliminating yourself from getting hunted when you are actually the seer

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how many times has BobO done that and screwed the village?

This is like the one thing that I'll never do fwiw

antidan444 11-30-2007 07:02 PM

Zurvan,

If all I do is add the "If I'm seer" clause into one post per day as a villager, does that really hurt my village game?

I don't think it would. There's a lot of other FPS'y stuff I don't want to do, because it would hurt my village game, but this one I don't think would.

I've been debating this for months, BTW.

fmxda 11-30-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how many times has BobO done that and screwed the village?

This is like the one thing that I'll never do fwiw

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I did not expect to be taken seriously

DustinG 11-30-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zurvan,

I honestly don't understand.

Also, I thought drawing early NK's was good for the village?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, I do understand.

Zurvan doesn't play turbos. Villagers need to go about playing turbos differently than long games. Dropping hints as a villager and trying to get hunted as way more important in a turbo vs a long game.

In a long game seers have lots of opportunity to try and blend in and disguise themselves, whereas in a turbo it can be hard to leave hints that won't get you killed, especially when no one else is doing it.

fmxda 11-30-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think people should stop worrying about their own metagame, and doing this to help the 1 game in 9 or whatever that they're a seer. Since everything you do to help your seer meta hurts your village meta, you're f'ing up your villager games to help your seer game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, disciplined fake peeking can help the seer, whoever it is, in every game you play as a villager.

antidan444 11-30-2007 07:06 PM

Yeah, I really believe good fake peeking is always to the village's benefit. The problems come when trying to define "good fake peeking" especially for the more FPS-inclined players.