Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Beat: Parent set me up with therapist about me playing poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550136)

rothko 11-20-2007 10:30 AM

Re: Beat: Parent set me up with therapist about me playing poker

no, you said it's a female, so not jealous.

SNOWBALL 11-20-2007 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
geez, how come half of bbvers have therapists?

[/ QUOTE ]

prob because the other half can't afford to

BarryLyndon 11-20-2007 12:13 PM

dude, if you're playing poker one hour a day and you are OTHERWISE healthy socially/professionally, then maybe your parents need to see a therapist?

Aside from that, hitting the therapist could be great on days when you suffer a bad beat / tilt.

Barry

PiquetteAces 11-20-2007 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'll go into a little more detail. I've just started about 2 months ago and haven't played that much. So far I've won $200 from micros ( started from NL2 ) for about 1 hour a day. I only 2-table and I pay a lot of attention to the tables and post hands in uNL, and basically trying to learn whatever I can get my hands on.

Have no clue whether therapist knows about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

If U play NL2$ ( I assume that 2$ is the cost of a full buy in & not the cost a big blind ), U can be the worse player, & Ur hourly cost will be small than the hourly cost of a therapist !

- jpp

El_Hombre_Grande 11-20-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and without pissing in the punchbowl of BBV.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, is this a positive or a negative?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on whether you are drinking the punch, or laughing at someone drinking the punch.

Jailblazers 11-20-2007 12:28 PM

Alot of replies so far.

I don't really feel like answering any more questions because it is personal. However, I did try to explain to my mom (Korean btw) how I play poker by making +EV decisions. And all she replies with "Gambling is bad. It can ruin your life." And then she brings up the therapist.

Yes, she is really close-minded btw.

I just want to make sure that the therapist doesn't drive the point that I should stop poker because that would suck alot. And from the way you all replied, it seems like it won't be like that.

shipitkthx 11-20-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ummmm...i didn't see this asked....OP how old r u??

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boise123 11-20-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ummmm...i didn't see this asked....OP how old r u??

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And how old is the therapist.

rakemeplz 11-20-2007 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alot of replies so far.

I don't really feel like answering any more questions because it is personal. However, I did try to explain to my mom (Korean btw) how I play poker by making +EV decisions. And all she replies with "Gambling is bad. It can ruin your life." And then she brings up the therapist.

Yes, she is really close-minded btw.

I just want to make sure that the therapist doesn't drive the point that I should stop poker because that would suck alot. And from the way you all replied, it seems like it won't be like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, tell me what your therapist thinks, my guess is that therapists tend to be a lot less close minded than korean mothers when it comes to gambling if you're not addicted.

fybpm 11-20-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
geez, how come half of bbvers have therapists?

[/ QUOTE ]

mines a WOMAN [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

so, the rapist is female. i see where you're going with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can see that youre jealous [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jealous that you have to pay for female interaction???

Female therapist is probably just a more expensive version of a hooker - minus the sexytime - add 2 parts more emotional damage. GL sir