Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Best US President (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549585)

AlexM 11-20-2007 09:35 PM

Re: Best US President

[ QUOTE ]
Bill Clinton. But I am probably biased as I have read - and enjoyed - his biography.

I agree on the comment regarding perspectives. However, I am willing to argue that in 50 years time, if nothing dramatic happens during that time, GWB will be known as the worst US President of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

For doing pretty much the same as Lincoln only on a smaller scale?

Dan87 11-20-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the U.S. doesn't join WWII...there is certainly a non-zero possibility that the USSR would have won the cold war (control of Japan) and, of course, a non-zero chance that we would all be speaking German right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I would have played 27o against my opponents aces all in, I would have hit 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome a poker analogy. This is what soldiers go to war to die for, our right to relate their deaths to poker.

4 High 11-20-2007 09:46 PM

FDR FTW.

TomCollins 11-20-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the U.S. doesn't join WWII...there is certainly a non-zero possibility that the USSR would have won the cold war (control of Japan) and, of course, a non-zero chance that we would all be speaking German right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I would have played 27o against my opponents aces all in, I would have hit 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome a poker analogy. This is what soldiers go to war to die for, our right to relate their deaths to poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice appeal to emotions.

Kaj 11-20-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No they go to war to prevent every bad event with non-zero probability from occurring, right?

Dan87 11-20-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice appeal to emotions.

[/ QUOTE ]
My appealing to emotions was like a semi-bluff hoping that you would fold on the turn but I could also win the pot by making someone feel emotion.

DblBarrelJ 11-21-2007 05:05 AM

Best US President. Easy.

Jefferson Davis.

Bedreviter 11-21-2007 05:08 AM

President of a confederate that was created of states that no longer wanted to be or saw themselves as part of the US= US president?

DblBarrelJ 11-21-2007 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
President of a confederate that was created of states that no longer wanted to be or saw themselves as part of the US= US president?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, fair is fair, right? If one group can make up a fictional world on this board, why can't another? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Bedreviter 11-21-2007 05:19 AM

I donīt mind, but do you think Jefferson Davis would like being called President of the US as he activly tried to distance himself and his states from the US, and was at war with them? Im just standing up for the guy, nothing else. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]