Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   taking some time off (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518730)

private joker 10-15-2007 03:39 AM

Re: taking some time off

[ QUOTE ]
yeah I got that too.

Is he sending it to like any mod at all, or just those that post in 4Life?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get one. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

4_2_it 10-15-2007 08:33 AM

I got one. Once I receive the $1500 on Stars Ryan is going to green him.

Mike Haven 10-15-2007 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure someone on this board is not fat enough to mod health and fitness.

[/ QUOTE ]

No takers?

Chump Change 10-15-2007 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure someone on this board is not fat enough to mod health and fitness.

[/ QUOTE ]

No takers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh. I think i'm pretty qualified to give advice in the nutrition and the training aspects of that forum, but i'm not sure i'm really up for it. I especially dread the possible pissing wars and such that can erupt, but if they are a mature group I imagine that is naturally kept to a minimum. If it's srsrly needed I volunteer.

Dids 10-15-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I would like us not to remove kyle. I'm going to try and get him to come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

He resigned, it's his choice

It's embarrassing and unnecessary that we would beg a mod irl to come back, especially the way he resigned (poorly). There's plenty of good mods already, bbv4l doesn't need another mod really and I'm sure someone on this board is not fat enough to mod health and fitness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gild,

I'm not going to beg him. I'm going to talk to him, as a friend that sees kyle once a week or so the next time I see him in person.

I agree totally that kyle looked bad in those threads and how he walked away. However, he's a great BBV4L "bad cop" and I think that his sullied reputation doesn't change that (FWIW I still trust the guy 100%, sometimes he says stupid things, but he's not s scammer at all). Having kyle as a mod makes the dynamic of modding BBV4L easier.

Gildwulf 10-15-2007 10:53 AM

Hey Dids,

Just to be clear I think you are doing a great job in bbv4l and keep up the good work.

I agree I thought you guys would originally make a good dids cop/bad cop team.

My point was just...from his behaviour in that whole situation (not just the possible scam but his reaction in that thread and in the mod forum), he's not really acting like a mod should, clearly isn't in the right space for being a mod right now and doesn't want to be a mod. Why do we need someone like that?

It's like hiring someone who acts poorly under pressure, tells the team to go [censored] themselves and [censored] this job, and quits. Would you actively try and rehire that person?

Dids 10-15-2007 11:01 AM

Gild,

If I work in a business where being an [censored] was a value add, depending on the situation, you might.

I'm not trying to get him to come back while he's still upset (no idea if he is), I'm just mostly asking to not take his name of the list at the bottom of hte forum until I have a chance to talk to him. Mostly because I get annoyed at BBV4L dancing on his grave.

diebitter 10-15-2007 11:09 AM

dids

he sucked at handling the situation. I always thought his sub-NT approach sucked in 4Life, not because it's a bad approach necessarily but because he sucked at applying it appropriately.

You OTOH do not suck and are doing an excellent job at the moment.

Stop confusing me by acting like his apologist.

entertainme 10-15-2007 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Dids,

Just to be clear I think you are doing a great job in bbv4l and keep up the good work.

I agree I thought you guys would originally make a good dids cop/bad cop team.

My point was just...from his behaviour in that whole situation (not just the possible scam but his reaction in that thread and in the mod forum), he's not really acting like a mod should, clearly isn't in the right space for being a mod right now and doesn't want to be a mod. Why do we need someone like that?

It's like hiring someone who acts poorly under pressure, tells the team to go [censored] themselves and [censored] this job, and quits. Would you actively try and rehire that person?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hypnotoad knows best.