Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   celebrities least deserving of their fame/money (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510339)

DrewDevil 09-28-2007 11:47 AM

Re: celebrities least deserving of their fame/money

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Robin Williams, another joke thief and, in my opinion, unfunny hack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, I can understand not liking RW, but a "joke thief" ? What jokes did he steal?

I mean, say what you want about him, the dude's original.

areinitz 09-28-2007 11:51 AM

http://www.dorpsfeest-spaarndam.nl/i...boy_george.jpg

Pudge714 09-28-2007 11:57 AM

Every single thread like this works out with 30% posts that are really stupid and wrong 40% that are mildly stupid and wrong 29% pointing out the stupidity of the other 70% 1% a good post which fits in with what the OP was saying.
Don King isn't deserving because he is a criminal that makes sense.
Ann Coulter, Robin Williams, Michael Moore, Michael Cera this isn't that tough a question.

oddjob 09-28-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, I can understand not liking RW, but a "joke thief" ? What jokes did he steal?

[/ QUOTE ]

he is notorious for being the biggest joke thief. from what i read. at most comedy clubs he's known to frequent. they have the robin williams signal, so comedians on stage can switch off their A material.

he equates it to being a gigantic sponge, and when he goes off on his comedic spazzes, he just spouts off the first thing that comes into his head. (which i can actually see, but still sucks he steals)

DrewDevil 09-28-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he is notorious for being the biggest joke thief. from what i read. at most comedy clubs he's known to frequent. they have the robin williams signal, so comedians on stage can switch off their A material.

he equates it to being a gigantic sponge, and when he goes off on his comedic spazzes, he just spouts off the first thing that comes into his head. (which i can actually see, but still sucks he steals)

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not know that. Wow, that sucks. Not that I was ever a hudge fan of his schtick, but I thought he was sort of a mad improv genius or something.

yteba 09-28-2007 01:09 PM

Every other Baldwin brother than Alec.

MikeyPatriot 09-28-2007 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was planning on doing everyone in this thread but I am lazy. Basically these people are pretty deserving of the fame they get because they tapped into what we want as a culture better than the throngs of people who attempt to do the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm grunching here, but most everyone that is or will be listed in this thread probably became famous because of luck.

Boris 09-28-2007 01:52 PM

Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are both great answers. I honestly don't understand how either of them rose above in such an intensely competitive business.

Not sure I agree with the Martha Stewart nomination.

otnemem 09-28-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did not know that. Wow, that sucks. Not that I was ever a hudge fan of his schtick, but I thought he was sort of a mad improv genius or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's an article from Radar that mentions it. I don't really feel like searching for specifics right now.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who has ever performed stand-up is familiar with the red light, the universal signal that warns dawdlers it's time to wrap things up. In the '80s, comics at the Hollywood Improv came up with a novel use for the light. When shining steadily, it had the conventional meaning. But if the bulb began sputtering, it was the comedic equivalent of an air-raid siren, warning performers to lock up their original material immediately unless they wanted to lose it to a master thief.

Robin Williams, comedy's most notorious joke rustler, was in the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Article here.

nath 09-28-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.dorpsfeest-spaarndam.nl/i...boy_george.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
swingandamiss