Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   *** Official WCOOP 2008 Suggestions*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508540)

NYWalker 09-25-2007 03:04 PM

Re: *** Official WCOOP 2008 Suggestions***

more deep structure, long level NL.

something like:
$750/10000/30min

NfldPwns 09-25-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts on some of the other suggestions that have been made:

1. Two day events. I don't think this is necessary for every event, but every event that goes 18+ hours this year should get consideration, and the Sunday NLHE events should all be two-day events. The ideal scheduling would be to have any additional two-day events on Friday-Saturday or saturday-sunday.

3. a tournament of champions and/or a overall leaderboard , with PCA/WSOP seats being the prize(s). The series generates a ton of rake, especially given the volume of satellites; I'm sure they could afford the giveback, and it might encourage people to play more of the non-NLHE events.

4. I personally like the singular, annual status of the WCOOP, so I would not like to see a matching series in the spring. Other people have suggested smaller buyin events. I think, at most, the fall WCOOP should have one "micro" event, maybe a mini-main event with a $25 buyin. Any more would detract from the best aspect of the WCOOP - large fields driven by satellite entries. As an alternative, both to the biannual suggestion and the smaller buyin suggestion, I suggest a mini-WCOOP in the spring; ten to fifteen events over one week, with smaller buyins, leading up to the first $1050 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

sat/sun ftw...giveback tlb ftw

dave6 09-25-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that a mini-series in the spring would be cool. This could also be a good opportunity to guinee-pig a couple 2-day events and see how they are recieved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second this. Run it in February -- it's still cold in places that have winter, and the series doesn't have to compete with spring break or NFL playoffs. Have a $320 or $530 main event, and other events with buyins down to $20-$30 or so. This avoids taking prestige from the Fall event and makes it accessible to lower limit players (some of whom may then decide they can take a shot at the WCOOP). Also as someone else said, call it something completely different from WCOOP to avoid concerns about diluting the value of bracelets, etc.

mak15 09-25-2007 04:42 PM

as has been said:

the limit tournaments start too deep and get too shallow. this should be pretty easy to improve.

Boiler_bd 09-25-2007 05:27 PM

-smaller starting stacks in relation to blinds, especially in limit events to allow for levels later.

-a 2nd hu event would rule, 1k is good. I look forward to this event but I haven't been able to play it the last 2 years.

-a micro event would be pretty cool, can you imagine a 50k field?

-I would like to see some 2 day events so people can play AND watch the final table at a convenient times.

-would love to see some sort of event to offset this at another point in the year, micro event/team event/tlb or other point based event/

-tournament of champions would be fun, maybe after it is over.

sketchy1 09-25-2007 06:46 PM

i really don't understand the sentiment for a smaller buy-in wcoop. there are a thousand satellites a day for like $10, why would we need to create an extra event for the micro players when they can all qualify for next to nothing for the main events, anyway?

ughaulkghalugh 09-25-2007 07:07 PM

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF BADUGI

KingDan 09-25-2007 08:11 PM

I think resetting the time bank every 8 hours or something would be cool

Ship Ship McGipp 09-25-2007 08:16 PM

name an event after me

westhoff 09-25-2007 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really don't understand the sentiment for a smaller buy-in wcoop. there are a thousand satellites a day for like $10, why would we need to create an extra event for the micro players when they can all qualify for next to nothing for the main events, anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, level? There is a little difference between trying to qualify for $10 and actually playing for a WCOOP title.