Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Greg Raymer shows his ass on national tv (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=429780)

Ace-Ex 06-21-2007 01:34 AM

Re: Greg Raymer shows his ass on national tv

This thread is way OT (I was hoping to see Greg's ass too), but I have to respond to OP AKA Gun-wielding redneck. I don't think the media is really to blame for the public's negative opinion toward guns. I think it has something to do with all the people who are getting killed with guns that is having an influence.

unfrgvn 06-21-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They always show some gun wielding nut job killing innocent people but never talk about the hundreds of lives saved everyday by ordinary citizens who own a firearm.

[/ QUOTE ]

This piece of nonsense was just too good to pass up. Care to explain how armed civilians are saving hundreds of lives everyday?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hundreds everyday is wrong but a hundred per month is probably about right.

heres one

two
another

[/ QUOTE ]
Just because a robbery was foiled because the victim pulled a gun of his own doesn't mean a life was saved. Try again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just stupid. You're saying since no one was killed, I can't prove a life was saved? Then how can I ever "prove" a life was saved?

Here's some where a gun was not pulled, you judge the results.
dead

also dead

dead again

grdred944 06-21-2007 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hi, i'm oldcycles. instead of responding, i go to the nra website, find some articles, and cut and paste. notice, mr. blackman has a phd. that means you got pwned. hahahahahha FU gun-brabbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mod -- Ban this idiot and move this topic. This has drifted so far away from "Poker on Television"

Banks2334 06-21-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They always show some gun wielding nut job killing innocent people but never talk about the hundreds of lives saved everyday by ordinary citizens who own a firearm.

[/ QUOTE ]

This piece of nonsense was just too good to pass up. Care to explain how armed civilians are saving hundreds of lives everyday?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hundreds everyday is wrong but a hundred per month is probably about right.

heres one

two
another

[/ QUOTE ]
Just because a robbery was foiled because the victim pulled a gun of his own doesn't mean a life was saved. Try again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just stupid. You're saying since no one was killed, I can't prove a life was saved? Then how can I ever "prove" a life was saved?

Here's some where a gun was not pulled, you judge the results.
dead

also dead

dead again

[/ QUOTE ]
And how do you know that the victims wouldn't have been shot anyway? You're making a lot of assumptions and you know what happens when you assume. Thanks for trying.

grdred944 06-21-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

hi, i'm oldcycles. instead of responding, i go to the nra website, find some articles, and cut and paste. notice, mr. blackman has a phd. that means you got pwned. hahahahahha FU gun-brabbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mod -- Ban this idiot and move this topic. This has drifted so far away from "Poker on Television"

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump. Do we have a mod on this forum?

TexRef 06-21-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And on me being not a U.S. Citizen, I am still free to say what my opinion is, not? isn't that like the first Amendment?

[/ QUOTE ]
No - this only applies to Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes - I was joking.

Taso 06-21-2007 08:03 PM

lol, why?

The Bill of Rights does not apply to people outside of the United States. Once they are in the United States, whether citizens or not, it applies. But I believe the fellow is in Amsterdam or something, so why'll he may indeed have the right to freedom of speech, it isn't because of the first Amendment.

oldmcycles 06-21-2007 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is way OT (I was hoping to see Greg's ass too), but I have to respond to OP AKA Gun-wielding redneck. I don't think the media is really to blame for the public's negative opinion toward guns. I think it has something to do with all the people who are getting killed with guns that is having an influence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they should ban poker because of all the gambling degenerates that loose everything and don't feed their families.
Then go out and rob and steal to support their gambling habit.

See I can come up with the same kind of stupid argument many of you have.

Kevmath 06-21-2007 10:46 PM

I think this has finally run its course, if you care to ramble on about gun control instead of poker, you can all take this over to politics or something.