Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Forum Reorganization (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374949)

pvn 04-11-2007 12:51 AM

Re: Forum Reorganization

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone just clarify what the hell you guys are talking about? My sidebar looks exactly the same as it did last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan... click "Main Index"

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems like an awful lot of discussion for a page I never use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. We were only concerned because of the trouble we thought YOU might have with it. OK, guys, thread over! Yay!

daryn 04-11-2007 01:01 AM

how is the sidebar anything but the most efficient way to bounce to and from forums? what is all this index talk? doesn't that require going to the index page, then going to the next forum? doesn't seem to make sense.

pvn 04-11-2007 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how is the sidebar anything but the most efficient way to bounce to and from forums? what is all this index talk? doesn't that require going to the index page, then going to the next forum? doesn't seem to make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I don't use it, either. But the sidebar mirrors the index, it just takes them a few days. So what you see on the index now is what you're going to see in the sidebar Real Soon Now.

pvn 04-11-2007 01:13 AM

FWIW, the "most efficent way" to bounce around is (in firefox) ctrl-L. Firefox remembers what pages you see the most, I just type "fo" and then down arrow once or twice depending on which forum I want. I rarely touch the mouse when reading 2+2.

steel108 04-11-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I'd really like is the ability to designate some forums as "My Favorites"...and they'd get their own special placement on the sidebar.

I mean, I really only read 6 or so forums on a semi-consistent basis, so it would be cool if they could be listed separately on the side, so i don't have to wade through the other 40 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan 04-11-2007 02:07 PM

Microbob,

I have no idea why you pasted that line again.

Sniper,

I'm actually just going to stick with using the list of links that are on the page I'm already viewing.

pvn,

Seriously, is that what you think I was saying? I bet you don't. Good post anyway though, real zinger.

Daryn,

High five!

pvn,

f6 does the same thing as ctrl+L with one less keystroke!

pvn 04-11-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pvn,

Seriously, is that what you think I was saying? I bet you don't. Good post anyway though, real zinger.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is precisely what you were saying, even though I believe that you don't realize it.

[ QUOTE ]
pvn,

f6 does the same thing as ctrl+L with one less keystroke!

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but it requires more stretching from the home keys. I have short fingers. Also, I'm on a calorie-restricted optimal nutrition diet and I'm trying to minimize my metabolism. In fact, typing this explanation is more work than I had budgeted for today.

PITTM 04-11-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression the changes that were made to the main index would soon be made to the sidebar.

stabn 04-11-2007 03:33 PM

Worst part of 2p2 communities section: OOT in the middle of the side bar instead of the end.

tuq 04-11-2007 03:37 PM

cabn,

OOT hasn't been on the end since the sponsored forums were put there.