Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (GAME THREAD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=325981)

amplify 02-08-2007 02:06 PM

Re: LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (GAME THREAD)

I'll be at the Green Dragon, holler.

TruFloridaGator 02-08-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf? since when is frodo a seer?

[/ QUOTE ]

dmk 02-08-2007 02:06 PM

oh, nm, i see it. ring-bearer. got it

splitting seer peeks up sucks. i'm tired of saying that everygame

Jeremy517 02-08-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf? since when is frodo a seer?

[/ QUOTE ]

The ring bearer gets a peek.

dmk 02-08-2007 02:07 PM

i was wondering why there were 6 evils and 1 seer in this game. it makes more sense now. i re-read the rules like 3 times yesterday too - skipped that one part everytime. probably because i saw ring-bearer and skipped right to the bold part

TruFloridaGator 02-08-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, nm, i see it. ring-bearer. got it

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicholasp27 02-08-2007 02:08 PM

merry/pippin...do not role claim if u are about to be lynched...if u do, we'll likely lynch another villager instead and the wolves can get 2 villagers in one night later on by eating you, which hurts our odds and may make the difference of one day of lynching

legolas/gimli...i don't see anything about these guys...they are vanillagers that will peek as a name instead of a vanillager? doesn't affect strategy AT ALL as far as i can tell...they are plain vanillagers and have no power...just there for story line (and maybe for the 'other things that will happen via plot events')

lastchance 02-08-2007 02:08 PM

I can't believe I missed that the Ring-Bearer gets peeks.

Samwise Gamgee = unkillable seer-mason (think angel protection on Gamgee FTW). This is clearly abusive. Of course, the BCS plan of having seer-mason outings + lots of free peeks may not be the correct one here, because losing the One Ring would clearly suck.

But either way, village has a lot of weapons. And I echo Nich's plan of dividing up seer peeks and letting masonry work for us.

dmk 02-08-2007 02:08 PM

i wish i would have known that before the game started. i would have recommended that frodo somehow becomes weaker each time he peeks. ya know?

like his peek works 100%->80%->75%..... or he gets +1->+2->... votes added to his lynch each day or something...

yarg

Jeremy517 02-08-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
legolas/gimli...i don't see anything about these guys...they are vanillagers that will peek as a name instead of a vanillager? doesn't affect strategy AT ALL as far as i can tell...they are plain vanillagers and have no power...just there for story line (and maybe for the 'other things that will happen via plot events')

[/ QUOTE ]

It helps if a fake seer claims to have peeked them, possibly.