Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Custom Titles: Required Reading (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=266339)

durron597 03-15-2007 03:20 PM

Re: Custom Titles: Required Reading

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'll get rid of it. I thought it was funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're going to delete a title, please take two seconds to restore it to the original one. don't bother this time I did it already.

iron81 03-15-2007 03:23 PM

I thought the software restored the default when you delete a custom title. I don't remember ever seeing a user with a blank title field. Just so we're clear, I changed the title of the OP for that thread.

durron597 03-15-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the software restored the default when you delete a custom title. I don't remember ever seeing a user with a blank title field.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe that's because they're a huge pet peeve of mine and i always restore the default whenever i see one?

Nick B. 03-15-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the software restored the default when you delete a custom title. I don't remember ever seeing a user with a blank title field. Just so we're clear, I changed the title of the OP for that thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't. I usually go to the FAQ at the top and then figure out the title by posts. Is that what everybody else does?

daryn 03-15-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't. I usually go to the FAQ at the top and then figure out the title by posts. Is that what everybody else does?

[/ QUOTE ]

yo

EMc 03-15-2007 06:04 PM

I had no title for the longest time. I was the first * under astro's system, he deleted it right away because it wasnt really public yet, but never restored the title.

orange 03-17-2007 04:34 PM

I agree with Mike. I think that titles are a nice way of rewarding regular posters. While some of you may think that titles are dumb and uncesessary, I disagree. I felt great when I got my first title (from Grunch).

I also think that sweeping all custom titles is a bit uneeded, but do agree that giving out titles should be used in moderation.

also, was 42it's Q ever answered?

[ QUOTE ]
In SSNL, we give custom titles to people who take the time to contribute a digest. It usually takes a couple of hours and all digests are added to the stickies.

Is this practice okay or should we curtail it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan Beal 03-17-2007 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also, was 42it's Q ever answered?

[ QUOTE ]
In SSNL, we give custom titles to people who take the time to contribute a digest. It usually takes a couple of hours and all digests are added to the stickies.

Is this practice okay or should we curtail it?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to give out custom titles for stuff like this.