Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official Illinois has more wins than Michigan and ND combined thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=496756)

TomCollins 10-28-2007 12:14 AM

Re: Official Illinois has more wins than Michigan and ND combined thre

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would be *very* happy to win the balance of the schedule except for tO$U.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'd be ecstatic with an OSU win. I can feel it, they'll get them this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL keep dreaming.

Ohio State is a lot tougher than Iowa and Ball St. Illinois has had a great turnaround this year, but don't get all confident thinking you are actually good yet.

ClarkNasty 10-28-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'd be ecstatic with an OSU win. I can feel it, they'll get them this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL keep dreaming.

Ohio State is a lot tougher than Iowa and Ball St. Illinois has had a great turnaround this year, but don't get all confident thinking you are actually good yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, we could never hope to compete with Appy State. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

TomCollins 10-28-2007 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL keep dreaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, we could never hope to compete with Appy State. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure you could. You've had a good season (for Illini standards). Enjoy it- enjoy going to a bowl. 5-3 in the Big 10 is definitely nothing to be ashamed of, especially after what you are used to. Just hope that Juice makes it out of Columbus alive to play against NW.

MyTurn2Raise 10-28-2007 03:08 AM

Illinois has 2 QB options, so it isn't too big a deal

bugstud 10-28-2007 07:23 AM

if you believe the coaching staff, juice getting hurt might be a blessing?

Troll_Inc 10-28-2007 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL keep dreaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my thinking on the subject.

Ohio St escaped with a win last year and Illinois is like 3x better than last year (2-7 last year). Also, this is surely a trap game for Ohio State who will looking forward to the always tough contest at Michigan the next week and also getting smoked again in the National Championship game. They will take the Illini lightly and hence the surprise win.

bonds 10-28-2007 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL keep dreaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh, how low has Michigan fallen ... to the point where App State cracks are being directed at tOSU homers?!

Barring a complete meltdown by tOSU offense, no way Illinois beats them. tOSU D >>>> tIll O, while tOSU O is good enough to handle a good tIll D.

ClarkNasty 10-28-2007 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL keep dreaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh, how low has Michigan fallen ... to the point where App State cracks are being directed at tOSU homers?!

Barring a complete meltdown by tOSU offense, no way Illinois beats them. tOSU D >>>> tIll O, while tOSU O is good enough to handle a good tIll D.

[/ QUOTE ]

Collins is a Michigan homer. The true humor is that they've fallen so far that they are defending the loss and giving props to tOSU.

WLVRYN 10-28-2007 12:26 PM

Since this thread got bumped, I just wanted to note that Michigan and ND combined have more wins than Illinois now.

ClarkNasty 10-28-2007 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since this thread got bumped, I just wanted to note that Michigan and ND combined have more wins than Illinois now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]