Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Suspected cheating on AP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501767)

daryn 09-16-2007 09:25 AM

Re: Suspected cheating on AP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This was just linked in BBV:

http://www.internettexasholdem.com/phpbb...as-vt34808.html

[/ QUOTE ]

okay it's unsubstantiated rumor, but, gah.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the thread a few posters give the, 'If this was anybody else but you, I wouldn't believe it...'

Plus, somebody asks him if he also posted this on 2p2. This guy and his friend are histakes LHE regs and must know some of the guys here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think this really matters. it's still unsubstantiated crap imo

Dids 09-16-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Am I the only person who gets Brian's original reasoning for wanting this discussion to take place in private?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all understand the reasoning, we just disagree with it.

1- It doesn't really matter if the guy changes his ways, there's tons of good evidence that already exists.

2- I don't think it's "fair" (for lack of better term) that only 2p2 HS AP players who happened to read the thread are aware of this. I think this is information that benefits from greater distribution not being hidden away.

citanul 09-16-2007 12:03 PM

Gild,

I think that at minimum that thread in BBV should be unstickied, and a new sticky by a non adanthar mod should be made with a link to the old thread. (unlocked sticky!!! omg!)

Schneids 09-16-2007 12:14 PM

Regarding

[ QUOTE ]
2- I don't think it's "fair" (for lack of better term) that only 2p2 HS AP players who happened to read the thread are aware of this. I think this is information that benefits from greater distribution not being hidden away.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like we were just going to hide it away forever and be hush hush. I already outlined in a previous response why it is better to short term hide it. If the general public doesn't know the specifics for a few days, it's only a few days, they aren't going to get "bloodbathed" between now and whenever our case is finished being built.

citanul 09-16-2007 12:20 PM

Schneids,

While it may or may not be better to hide it in the short term, we have no right, as moderators, to hide information from the users because we feel it would be better dispersed or handled in a different manner.

Removing information provided to the public by another poster because "I think it's best if the general public doesn't know this yet," even with totally reasonable reasons why it would be best if the general public didn't know, shouldn't be done by moderators (hell, it probably shouldn't be done by admins).

c

adanthar 09-16-2007 12:23 PM

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, I don't think my shares are likely to go *up* as a result of publicizing this [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like we were just going to hide it away forever and be hush hush. I already outlined in a previous response why it is better to short term hide it. If the general public doesn't know the specifics for a few days, it's only a few days, they aren't going to get "bloodbathed" between now and whenever our case is finished being built.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't just a random multiaccounting scandal that might cost someone $50 of EV in an MTT. This is poker's nuclear bomb, and I'm 100% sure that on Wednesday, while that thread was starting, it cost CrazyMarco about 15K and everyone below him more money. Yesterday, AP ran a 150K Guaranteed $530 that many of my friends play in. Today, it has a $200 60K, which many of my friends are also playing in...you get the idea. It isn't something that you can afford to take two weeks to prepare for, especially when there is already this much evidence and any non-2+2'ers still playing HSNL are being taken for no doubt ridiculous amounts of money *right now*.

that said, I'm fine with unstickying the BBV thread (and I'll be doing that right now) since the message seems to be thoroughly out.

orange 09-16-2007 01:11 PM

as posted in bbv:

Has this thread been shown to one of the major poker areas of influence (ie. cardplayer)? maybe it'd be nice to get some of this info out.

?

Dids 09-16-2007 01:45 PM

Given the ridic number of 2p2ers propping at AP, you'd think somebody must have a point of contact there.

bicyclekick 09-16-2007 01:59 PM

It seems like everyone really wants that thread moved back...and especially with that bbv thread it surely doesn't seem like it would hurt having it back there again.

So if matt, mike or commodus could move it that probably would be best.

diebitter 09-16-2007 02:24 PM

Need a heads up guys. I'm already seeing jokes (I think) suggesting some luckbox on some site is really doubledrag. I've asked my forum to desist from anything linking other players to the absolute suspects, even as jokes.

Is this retarded?