Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Foods where quality makes a HUGE difference (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393633)

guids 05-03-2007 12:30 AM

Re: Foods where quality makes a HUGE difference

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, as long as you arent purposly looking for crappy steak, I feel the difference between medium quality and high quality steak is pretty small. The big factor for me is whether or not its marinated/cooked well.

[/ QUOTE ]
A good steak does NOT need to be marinated. Just throw some kosher salt and black pepper on it before it hits the grill.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good steak here (in the home of the best beef in the world) needs nothing. Pepper is crazy-talk and even salt might be pushing it. The difference between even regular steak in Argentina and premium steak in the United States is ridiculous. Really good steaks here just blow your mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not the point. A really good marinated peice of steak can be found in a steak fajita, or something like that. It still tastes great, you just cant cook it like a t-bone.

themandude 05-03-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sushi obv

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

Snafu'd 05-03-2007 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, as long as you arent purposly looking for crappy steak, I feel the difference between medium quality and high quality steak is pretty small. The big factor for me is whether or not its marinated/cooked well.

[/ QUOTE ]
A good steak does NOT need to be marinated. Just throw some kosher salt and black pepper on it before it hits the grill.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good steak here (in the home of the best beef in the world) needs nothing. Pepper is crazy-talk and even salt might be pushing it. The difference between even regular steak in Argentina and premium steak in the United States is ridiculous. Really good steaks here just blow your mind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kosher salt helps put a nice crust on the outside of the steak if you are cooking it at really high temps - which is the way I like to cook one. Pepper isn't necessary, I agree, but I do like to add just a touch of fresh cracked. I did just cook a wagyu steak and didn't add anything to it and the flavor was excellent. What is it about the beef in Argentina that makes it higher quality? Different breeds or the way the cows are raised and fed? I'll definitely have to check one out if I ever make it down that way.

ShipitFMA 05-03-2007 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sushi

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agreed. Im so lucky to have the best japanese restaurant in melbourne right around the cornor from me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

luckyjimm 05-03-2007 08:54 AM

Did anyone say buffalo mozarella yet?

suzzer99 05-03-2007 12:48 PM

Ooooh, good one.