Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***The Official TORONTO RAPTORS 2007-2008 Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530418)

T_Mac 11-05-2007 02:17 AM

Re: ***The Official TORONTO RAPTORS 2007-2008 Thread***

Sam Mitchell's favourite 4th quarter move seems to be to leave in a bench player far too long, then bring in a starter cold for a play or two and have them shoot. Juan Dixon in crunch time not even being able to catch the ball and feed Bosh in the post cause hes a midget = not cool

Pudge714 11-05-2007 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Sam Mitchell cannot coach and we will never win a title with him as head coach.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not having a championship caliber team is slightly more important imo.

Veecee 11-05-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Sam Mitchell cannot coach and we will never win a title with him as head coach.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not having a championship caliber team is slightly more important imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, I'm not saying we're close to winning a title, I'm just saying that Sam's inconsistent and unorthodox coaching ways will probably never put us over the hump.

MVPaul 11-05-2007 04:00 PM

What do you guys think the effect of no Doc Rivers was on the game? I thought the Celts had some good play calls in OT: iso Garnett against Bosh on the right block on 3 straight possessions (2 jumpshots and a TO, I believe) and the final play was a nice set up for Allen... Could Doc have turned the tide in our favor?

4thstreetpete 11-05-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Things observed from this game:

2. I know he made the shot, but TJ Ford should never, ever attempt a game tying/winning 3. And letting him do that is so f'n stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 2 constants in Toronto that will never change. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1)Sam Mitchell could lead us to a NBA championship and the city would STILL think he's a terrible coach.

2)When the game is on the line at the dying minutes, TJ ford WILL ALWAYS take the final shot no matter how badly he's covered. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

4thstreetpete 11-05-2007 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think the effect of no Doc Rivers was on the game? I thought the Celts had some good play calls in OT: iso Garnett against Bosh on the right block on 3 straight possessions (2 jumpshots and a TO, I believe) and the final play was a nice set up for Allen... Could Doc have turned the tide in our favor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I thought it was a terribly coached game from both ends. I don't think I've ever seen so many shot clock violations in a game. KG made 3 or 4 very tough shots in OT. Had he missed one of them the game could have went the other way.
The final play with 4 secs left was very clever. Allen is a veteran and used KG to get into the open to make the shot. Clearly we'll see a lot of this out of the Celts in the future. KG is just too dangerous to have just AP guarding him.

MVPaul 11-06-2007 09:35 AM

I don't think Toronto had a single shot clock violation but I could be wrong. As for Boston's at least 3 SCVs, I attribute that to solid D by the Raps.

T-God 11-07-2007 01:13 AM

Aw dangit

T_Mac 11-07-2007 01:37 PM

Yeah...hopefully we can come back strong tonight and make that horrifying performance an anomaly.

Veecee 11-07-2007 02:20 PM

4 games in 5 nights...should be interesting.

I expect the Raptors to [censored] the bed a few more times on the road, and that at the end of the season their record at home will be ridic good.