Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   General Music Discussion Thread Vol. 2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509403)

nath 11-17-2007 01:08 AM

Re: Battles

Wednesday night saw Jens Lekman and then saw Glass Candy open for Architecture in Helsinki.

Thursday night saw Art Brut open for the Hold Steady.

All shows were excellent. Picked up the new Glass Candy album, too, and it's great.

PRE 11-17-2007 01:47 AM

Re: General Music Discussion Thread Vol. 2

[ QUOTE ]
Two Gallants. Thoughts? they toured w/ cold war kids for a bit. folk punk? indie rock?

las cruces jail

steady rollin'

[/ QUOTE ]

They're indie. And the label they're on, Saddle Creek, is one of the best (especially Tim Kasher's bands - the good life and cursive). A lot more talented then some of the other indie bands constantly mentioned in this thread (there should be a new category of music called commercial indie rock).

PRE 11-17-2007 01:56 AM

Okay, after reading most of the posts in this thread I decided to name some bands that you may not have heard of before but should like based on the music mentioned

The Good Life
Desaparecidos
Neva Dinova
Cursive
Patrick Wolf
Kid Dakota
Beirut
The Unicorns
Wolf Parade
The Elected
M. Ward

MagicNinja 11-17-2007 09:27 AM

can someone here msg me if they like that group about waffles or something? I am dying on this pork free diet.

ClassicBob 11-18-2007 01:59 PM

I've seen so many good shows the past two weeks. Austin is so great.

nath 11-18-2007 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone here msg me if they like that group about waffles or something? I am dying on this pork free diet.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know, I saw this when I was really [censored] up last night, and it didn't make any sense, and now, in the light of day... it still doesn't.

ClassicBob 11-18-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand exactly what it means, and I'm in the same boat. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'm still waiting for one of them to separate as the clear leader.

kipin 11-18-2007 04:06 PM

PM for invites.

slystyle012 11-19-2007 12:09 AM

I highly recommend Pela. They're a band from Brooklyn. Very upbeat music. They kinda remind me of the Strokes. Anyways...check them out at www.myspace.com/pela

ClassicBob 11-19-2007 03:32 PM

Just got done with the new Jay-Z album. Really good on the first listen. Far far better than Kingdom Come, and maybe better than the Black Album/Blueprint. (Below Reasonable Doubt, obv.)