Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ask me about Starbucks (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465760)

Vehn 07-31-2007 05:56 PM

Re: Ask me about Starbucks

Do you actually call yourself a "barista" or do you say "I work at starbucks"?

kidcolin 07-31-2007 05:56 PM

guids is awesome.

Badger 07-31-2007 05:58 PM

I've heard a friend cite UBB (Universal Beverage Base) as why he will never drink at Starbucks. What is it, and why is he repulsed by it.

I did not inquire further at the time he talked about it, or simply chose to ignore him, because he's kind of a bitch about a lot of stuff.

Paul B. 07-31-2007 05:58 PM

I have a friend who firmly believes you can get free Starbucks by using a $100 bill because employees are instructed not to break them. True/false?

guids 07-31-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quids,

"spending about 50 times more per cup than I should"

It's weird that you keep saying this. How are you able to handle going out for drinks or eating at a restaurant?

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely pay for dinner and drinks becuase of my job, and imo there is a difference between 2 to 3 times too much, and 50 times too much. Plus, when you go out, you are paying for the atmosphere, company, and not having to prepare things yourself (which is easier than cooking at home), and I just think brewing and pouring a cup is easier than getting in the car, driving to a starbucks etc.

offTopic 07-31-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cliched comments re: Starbucks that really piss me off: "Starbucks! No way am I going to spend 4 bucks on a cup of coffee! LOL!"

First of all, a tall drip is $1.60, a grande is $1.75, and a venti is $1.85 (or somewhere in that range, depending on location). How is that anywhere close to 4 bucks?

Secondly, the drinks that ARE 4 bucks are espresso + flavor + extra crap drinks, which aren't made anywhere else for any lower price. People pay $4 for a smoothie or any other premium refreshment, how is $4 for a caramel macchiato w/ whip cream at all unreasonable?

Die.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this post caused ED to delete his post which I was responding to, which always causes me much confusion. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

punkass 07-31-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quids,

It's weird that you keep saying this. How are you able to handle going out for drinks or eating at a restaurant?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Do you never get breakfast at a diner? Those eggs could be bought for 10 cents!

Dids 07-31-2007 05:59 PM

Starbucks being hippy haven is so damn rofl.

Here in Seattle I'm pretty sure selling point for almost very hipppy coffee shop there is is basically "we're not Starbucks".

I dared to order a Venti something from some indie place and the snide [censored] got huffy at me for using Starbucks lingo.

El Diablo 07-31-2007 06:00 PM

CB,

Grade my coffee ordering:

50%: Large coffee
25%: Double espresso
12.5%: Double latte
10%: Double cappucino
2.5%: Large americano

guids 07-31-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
quids,

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Do you never get breakfast at a diner? Those eggs could be bought for 10 cents!

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost every morning, i go running, and stop at a breakfast place by my house. 2 sausages, 3 scambled eggs, and I can usually talk the waitress into a couple free tomato slices FOR 2.99!!!!!!!