Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: ladies event wsop

Edit - whether or not Daniel Negreanu can limp here I believe is irrelevant for the OP, as it should to most posters here. He is incredibly creative and a brilliant hand-reader. So the fact that he can limp w/ bad hands I don't think should influence advice you give to someone else who is newer to tournaments.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:37 AM

yes im newer to tournaments, but compared to most of the ladies i played with today, i was not at all. they were generally EXTREMELY inexperienced. ive been playing poker for 9 years (6 as a pro). not nl tournaments though. not trying to say im good, just saying in comparison. i know that's hard to believe seeing how i played this hand.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:44 AM

Well based on more information, I don't think you played it as badly as I initially thought. Generally speaking I wouldn't be over-limping w/ hands like A-9 off-suit, but I can understand it (somewhat) here b/c you knew people were limping w/ trashy hands and that the table was very inexperienced (and hence passive?).

However, I still disagree w/ your river value bet. The ONLY hands you are beating are a worse 9, or something like 8-7. anything else that is calling you beats you. the elderly lady bet into 4 people on the flop - she obviously likes her hand somewhat...and she continued on the turn (though she bet meagerly). the pot is already quite big, i'd be happy to showdown for nothing more.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well based on more information, I don't think you played it as badly as I initially thought. Generally speaking I wouldn't be over-limping w/ hands like A-9 off-suit, but I can understand it (somewhat) here b/c you knew people were limping w/ trashy hands and that the table was very inexperienced (and hence passive?).

However, I still disagree w/ your river value bet. The ONLY hands you are beating are a worse 9, or something like 8-7. anything else that is calling you beats you. the elderly lady bet into 4 people on the flop - she obviously likes her hand somewhat...and she continued on the turn (though she bet meagerly). the pot is already quite big, i'd be happy to showdown for nothing more.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would almost always just check behind on river, but my gut told me i had the best hand, and that she probably had a worse 9 and would call. again, bad bad read.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:54 AM

i like a check on the river.

since you made a pretty thin value bet, you HAVE to fold to the check/raise when you learn that you were incorrect in your assessment.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:26 AM

womens only events shouldn't count as high stakes mtts
Old 06-11-2007, 05:30 AM

Im just saying that the guy called it a pure spew play. I think thats way too simplistic.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever
Old 06-11-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, my sister is playing in this event (still alive with 66 left) and I have to concur they are exceptionally bad, many many times worse than the regular 1500 MTTs which are not so star studded themselves.

I will give one example:

Blinds 300-600 with 75 ante. She has 4000 left. Button raises to 2k. Jenn (my sister) uses the old stop+go with A5o. Flop comes KQ9, she pushes for her last 2k. Pot has whatever, like 5k chips in it, and she shows TT and throws it in the muck.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:45 AM

yes, they are AWFUL overall. you cannot even compare it to the regular 1500 MTTs. i can't stress how bad many of them are. they are in a constant state of confusion, but not because they are females OBVIOUSLY. it is because of total lack of experience.