Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2006, 03:46 PM

Default 5/10 bizarre hand -- misplayed on every street??

$5/10 at Party. I'm definitely a fish at this level, but I'm looking to get better, so comments on this bizarre hand would be appreciated. Did I play it wrong on every street? I assumed someone had to be on 9T, but I think my biggest mistake might have been not throwing a bet out there on the river, collecting a few crying calls. (PS - Bison converter thing wasn't working)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.40 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000ff">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (15.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000ff">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (27.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000ff">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 27.20 BB
Old 01-05-2006, 03:57 PM

Default Re: 5/10 bizarre hand -- misplayed on every street??

I hope your kidding.. "I'm definetly a fish at this level"

you got that one right...

preflop, even getting 11:1 I think you should fold.

on the flop even getting 9:1 or whatever your getting I'd probably fold to... #1 I think yuor odds are an illusion, you'll be paying 3 or 4 bets alot w/ that 2 flush on board...

the turn, holy [censored], there must be a horseshoe in your bum... but good c/r

Horrible river check..

Good luck.. I suggest you play 1/2 and read SSHE by Ed Miller..

and don't post results, it will skew responses..

Cheers
Old 01-05-2006, 04:04 PM

gut says fold preflop.

if this was 34s i think you'd be ok.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:05 PM

You might want to read SSH and learn the game at a lower level. If not, at least play 10/20.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:05 PM

You played this so bad I almost didn't reply because I thought the chances of you being a troll were high. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

preflop: fold - your hand is crap

flop: fold - your draw is weak, the hand you are trying to make might already be beat, and you are not closing the action

turn: good

river: bet for value - you are going to have the best hand here 80%+ of the time
Old 01-05-2006, 04:22 PM

I guess honesty gets you nowhere - as I said, I am terrible (my original post said "I am a fish, ESPECIALLY at this level, but someone deleted it) and I know it, but I'm looking to get better (and can afford an "education" at 5/10).
Old 01-05-2006, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess honesty gets you nowhere

[/ QUOTE ]

People were giving you honest answers. I guess that got them nowhere.

[ QUOTE ]
(my original post said "I am a fish, ESPECIALLY at this level, but someone deleted it)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely a fish at this level,

[/ QUOTE ]

No one deleted it.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:47 PM

Is this a joke? If not, fold PF--hand plays diferently from there.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess honesty gets you nowhere - as I said, I am terrible (my original post said "I am a fish, ESPECIALLY at this level, but someone deleted it) and I know it, but I'm looking to get better (and can afford an "education" at 5/10).

[/ QUOTE ]
We were giving you honest answers. Why would you want to learn poker at a higher level just because you can afford it? If you're going to make the mistakes you made in this hand again while learning, you are just costing yourself more money.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:00 PM

Don't call with any two in the BB. In this spot, look to defend with Axs, any suited connector, and possibly any two cards above 9. 3-bet your big hands and sometimes suited cards QJs and above.

I don't think the flop is terrible. You are getting 9:1 on an 8:1 draw, and you don't always expect a 3-bet here.

I prefer a bet on the turn sometimes, but I do like the c/r here. Given that you c/red the turn, bet the river 100% of the time. Most people will not bluff at this point. A lot of worse hands will call you.