View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 04:21 AM

Default Re: 4 hands from 5/10

1. I like check-calling this turn, yes. And I don't like the river call without a read that my opponent is capable of this level of donkery, as I wouldn't expect my hand to be good often enough at showdown versus an unknown. On the other hand, if you know he's a semi-bluff raising fool, I kinda like the line you took. He probably folded the winning hand for you.

2. Speaking of a little weak, I like folding to the flop raise. No one's mentioned this yet, and I think this deserves discussion.

The up: 12-1, we're closing the action, and we have overcards.

The down: Our club outs are dirty. And we're up against two coldcallers, with a jack on the board. We're running a pretty good risk of reverse domination. I don't see giving myself more than three outs here, and implied odds are working against us, since we don't know which (or if any) of our outs are clean.

Given your flop call, I like the turn play.

3. It's good. I wouldn't expect a worse hand to pop me again very often on the river. We're screaming "I have a full house!" here. I guess he wasn't listening.

4. Anyone else want to check-fold this flop? Against the typical range of an EP 3-bettor, we're only ahead of 99 and AK, and AK is still a small favorite against us if he's got a spade. Anyone feel like doing the math and counting hand combos and calculate our EV?