ok OOT, this is my venting post. i realize by being a woman, i'm in a .5% minority, and i'm sure i will take heat for this post, but i really don't care.
this forum is one of the most misogynistic places i have ever had the pleasure of frequenting. most of it is in good fun, but it really gets out of hand sometimes. i could provide many comments and examples, but i'm sure most of you know what i'm talking about. but to be specific, i would like to explore one example, which is the frequent comments on women's weight.
just today, i have had the pleasure of reading three threads in which a woman was described as fat, or chubby, or whatever... you guys spend all day analyzing women to the slightest flaw, and laugh about it, when in reality most of you are either not socially aware or attractive enough to get with a woman with half of her "rating." who knows if i'm the only one, but i'm pretty sick of it.
i realize saying this will make nothing change, the misogyny and abusiveness will continue... as will the superficiality... fine. but hey, how about at least when you post a picture of some girl in relation to some story to rate her or whatever, you post a pic of yourself. or when you call some chick fat because she hasn't appeared in the latest playboy, post a pic of yourself and we'll see how you guys measure up. that way, while you're busy rating some girl and making fun of her, you can at least withstand the heat yourself. if you aren't man enough to do that at the very least, well then, i pity you.
I cant say that I disagree w/ anything you have posted. And, probably in your opinion, I am a blatant offender of some of these things, there is no way Im putting up any pics of any girls I talk about to satisfy your insecurity. Someones got a pic of me, somewhere, they can post it if they want, but Im not going out of my way.
edit: the things that people "say" in this forum, are what 99% of them are thinking in their normal life, so you really should be thanking us for the insight. the other 1% of us say it here, and in real life.