Terms & Conditions

Internet Magazine

Non–US new players
Get five 2+2 books


Order Books
Book Translations
Forum Login
 
 
Expand All   Collapse All

 Two Plus Two 
2+2 Magazine Forum
Special Sklansky Forum
2+2 Pokercast
About the Forums

 General Poker Discussion 
Beginners Questions
Books and Publications
Televised Poker
News, Views, and Gossip
Brick and Mortar
Home Poker
Beats, Brags, and Variance
Poker Theory
Poker Legislation

 Coaching/Training 
StoxPoker
DeucesCracked

 German Forums 
Poker Allgemein
Strategie: Holdem NL cash
Strategie: Sonstige
Internet/Online
BBV
Small Talk
German Poker News

 French Forums 
Forum francophone
Strategie
BBV (French)

 Limit Texas Hold'em 
High Stakes Limit
Medium Stakes Limit
Small Stakes Limit
Micro Stakes Limit
Mid-High Short-handed
Small Stakes Shorthanded
Limit––>NL

 PL/NL Texas Hold'em 
High Stakes
Medium Stakes
Small Stakes
Micro Stakes
Small-High Full Ring
Micro Full Ring

 Tournament Poker 
Small Stakes MTT
High Stakes MTT
MTT Community
STT Strategy
Tournament Circuit

 Other Poker 
Omaha/8
Omaha High
Stud
Heads Up Poker
Other Poker Games

 General Gambling 
Probability
Psychology
Sports Betting
Other Gambling Games
Entertainment Betting

 Internet Gambling 
Internet Gambling
Internet Bonuses
Affiliates/RakeBack
Software

 2+2 Communities 
Other Other Topics
The Lounge: Discussion+Review
El Diablo's General Discussion
BBV4Life

 Other Topics 
Golf
Sporting Events
Politics
Business, Finance, and Investing
Travel
Science, Math, and Philosophy
Health and Fitness
Student Life
Puzzles and Other Games
Video Games
Laughs or Links!
Computer Technical Help
Sponsored Support Forums
RakebackNetwork
RakeReduction.com
Other Links
Books
Authors
Abbreviations
Calendar
Order Books
Books by Others
Favorite Links
Feedback
Advertising Information
Home
Posting Hints
Privacy Notice
Forum Archives

The 2+2 Forums

Before using this Forum, please refer to the Terms and Conditions (Last modified: 2/26/2006)

Be sure to read the   Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

This is an archive. The main forums are here

These forums are read only.


 
UBB.threads™ Groupee, Inc.

PL/NL Texas Hold'em >> Small Stakes

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
jakeduke
old hand


Reged: 10/01/04
Posts: 1086
Loc: grad school
Re: im in the well [Re: epdaws]
      #6575834 - 07/17/06 04:35 PM

UTG raises to 4xBB. Folded to you OTB. What's your reraising range against a standard TAG and a standard LAG? How does the situation change if villain open raises in the CO?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RunDownHouse
Allez Biere!


Reged: 08/12/04
Posts: 10810
Loc: Nashville
Re: im in the well [Re: Isura]
      #6575849 - 07/17/06 04:36 PM

I just wanted to chime in and say that 4_2_it has been great answering completely standard newbie questions.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
younghov17
banned


Reged: 11/01/05
Posts: 2678
Re: im in the well [Re: epdaws]
      #6575997 - 07/17/06 04:46 PM

Quote:

What are the five songs you'd choose if you could only listen to five for the remainder of your existence?




hmmmmm

probly would change given on my mood when answerinb, but rigth now im thinking in no order

jay z - a dream
nas - undying love
nerd - she wants to move remix
michael jackson - give into me
jay z - blueprint 2


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bilbo-san
Carpal \'Tunnel


Reged: 07/08/04
Posts: 4103
Loc: In ur game, pickin off ur bluf...
Re: im in the well [Re: MRBAA]
      #6576001 - 07/17/06 04:46 PM

Quote:

First off, you're not a coin flip -- you only put five opponents in with you, but you'll actually have 9. You're probably only about 33%. Second, you have a monster stack relative to blinds, you can probably find better spots to try and build your stack -- where you will be 3-1 or 4-1 favorite. Third, having a deep stack early is less useful, since you can't bully your way into the money (too many opponents) and don't really want to play for all your chips against another big stack.

I think going all in here is not the play.




This has been done to death, but mathematically speaking, this is wrong, imho.

1) you are 33%, but 33% to win 10X your stack. This is clearly way better EV than coinflipping to double up. It's also WAY better EV than being a 4:1 favorite to double up.

The math speaks against you. Let's assume you are so good, you always get it in as a 4:1 favorite. Assume 10000 starting stacks.

If you call here, you have 100000, with a 67% chance of busting.

If you get it in as a 4:1 favorite 3 times in a row, each time vs. a similar sized stack, you will have 80000 51% of the time, and a cumulative 48.8% chance of busting.

...And this is with the preposterous assumption that you get cards good enough to gaurantee these situations (and are so good at poker that you'll never get all in with KK vs. AA, etc).

If we said that you always got your chips in with a 3:1 edge, which by the way would make you the best tournament poker player in the world by a huge margin, you would still need to get it all in the middle 4 times in a row (each time vs. an equal stack) to equal this TEV, and you would still bust 68% of the time.


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
younghov17
banned


Reged: 11/01/05
Posts: 2678
Re: im in the well [Re: quarkncover]
      #6576010 - 07/17/06 04:46 PM

Quote:

YH-

What did you think of the "Grey Album?"

(DJ Danger Mouse's illegal remix of the Beatles White Ablum and Jay Z's Black Album.)




encore and what more can i say were nice, the rest was lame


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
younghov17
banned


Reged: 11/01/05
Posts: 2678
Re: im in the well [Re: jakeduke]
      #6576056 - 07/17/06 04:50 PM

Quote:

UTG raises to 4xBB. Folded to you OTB. What's your reraising range against a standard TAG and a standard LAG? How does the situation change if villain open raises in the CO?




v a tag, reraise tt jj qq kk aa 95%, call the other 5%, reraise ak and aq 50%, call the other 50%, reraise 88 99 20%, call the other 80%

v a lag reraise all of the above 95%, call the other 5%, raise hands like kq, aj 75%, call the other 25%. reraise pps 44 - 77 25%, call the other 75%.

doesnt rly change in co as ive rarely come across a player who knows how to use position


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
younghov17
banned


Reged: 11/01/05
Posts: 2678
Re: im in the well [Re: RunDownHouse]
      #6576114 - 07/17/06 04:53 PM

Quote:

I just wanted to chime in and say that 4_2_it has been great answering completely standard newbie questions.




well in terms of advice i agree with his advice more than any other poster, usually i dont agree with a lot of other posters advice, thats why i stated in terms of advice given.


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jjigglers
veteran


Reged: 01/08/06
Posts: 1260
Loc: gambooool
Re: im in the well [Re: younghov17]
      #6576249 - 07/17/06 05:02 PM

1. Honestly, who won the beef between Nas and Jay Z?

2. Ever listened to any underground rap? (Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Cunninlynguists, etc.)


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
younghov17
banned


Reged: 11/01/05
Posts: 2678
Re: im in the well [Re: jjigglers]
      #6576330 - 07/17/06 05:08 PM

immortal is OK, over rated, chino xl is much better.

only heard a small sample but dont like jedi or cun at all. most rappers are underground because they have zero charisma and cant make a full cd(canibus being a perfect example), not because they dont wanna sell out.

well the winner of a beef isnt determined by who had the best diss its by public opinion, in which case nas won. but takeover was a better diss record than anything nas released, so was blueprint 2, that being said both are among the top 10 rappers of all time.


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MrMoo
old hand


Reged: 09/28/04
Posts: 750
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: im in the well [Re: younghov17]
      #6576407 - 07/17/06 05:15 PM

In a 6-max game with a 50% SB, what hand ranges would you complete in the SB for 1, 2, 3, and 4 limpers?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)



Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Isura, orange, ajmargarine, 4_2_it, Matt Flynn, Sunny Mehta, Mike Haven 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4291

Rate this topic

Jump to

contact us 2+2 Publishing

Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5


Message Boards and Forums Directory

Pages provided by ConJelCo