Well, Kingmaker's coming to a close, so I wanted to start a sign-up for the next WW/Mafia game I wanted to try.
Once the WW games started, I started looking around to see what info I could find on the game. I knew that there were some alternate roles that people had made up, because I remembered playing one or two of them when I'd played the game in real life. Anyway, the multitude of alternate roles surprised me, as did the way some of the games were run. In many games, players know the pool of POTENTIAL roles, but don't know which have been specifically handed out in the game. This makes for a much more confusing -- and, IMO, interesting -- game.
So, the basic rules of MISH-MASH MAFIA:
FLOW OF THE GAME The game will follow pudley's All-Star game schedule (all times are Eastern). - NIGHT will run from midnight until 9 AM. Roles of players killed at night will NOT be revealed. - MORNING (discussion, but no voting) will run from 9 AM until 5 PM. - EVENING / THE TOWN MEETING (discussion + voting) will run from 5 PM until midnight. Roles of players lynched at the town meeting WILL be revealed.
RULES Don't sign up if you're not going to see the game through. Players who I suspect have abandoned the game are subject to replacement or MOD-KILL at my discretion. I will be lenient, in that I will PM you first to give you a chance to rejoin the game, but if you've been silent for two nights and haven't responded, I'll likely replace or mod-kill you.
Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, they are dragged to jail (NO POSTING) and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. Other villagers may feel free to continue posting until night. If no majority is reached by nightfall, player with the most votes is lynched.
You may vote no lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
The game is not to be discussed outside the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. You can make a single “Bah!” post but no relevant information.
Don’t quote/post screenshots of any PMs from me. If you do, I will mod-kill you. You may claim a role, but must do so in your own words.
If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you. You may submit them ahead of time if you will be unable to be online during night. If you haven't PMed me your choice by deadline for that night, you will take no action (seers won't see, angels won't protect, mafia won't kill).
If you have any questions at all, please PM me or post the question in the thread.
19 or 21 players, depending on interest.
Confirmed roles (aka, roles ABSOLUTELY in the game): 4-5 Mafia (4 if 19 total players, 5 if we get 21) 1 Doctor (aka Angel -- cannot protect self) 1 Cop (aka Seer)
Of the remaining villagers (13/19 or 14/21), 6 of them will be assigned roles chosen from the ones listed below. There are pro-town, pro-mafia, and neutral roles, and they are broken down as such below. Since a 19 player, 4 Mafia set-up favors the town and a 21 player, 5 Mafia set-up favors mafia, the roles will be split accordingly -- so, in a 21 player game, 1 of the secret roles will be neutral, 3 will be beneficial for the town and 2 will be beneficial for the mafia to even out the slight imbalance for the mafia -- and vice versa in a 19 player game.
POSSIBLE ROLES BENEFICIAL TO THE TOWN 1. Deputy -- the deputy becomes a cop only once the original cop has been killed. The deputy also recieves the results of the first cop's investigations. The deputy is seen by a cop as a deputy -- but may not be contacted by the original cop outside the thread.
2. Nurse -- the nurse becomes a doctor only once the original doctor has been killed. The nurse is seen by cops as a nurse.
3. Martyr -- a villager with the option to protect a player at night. If the protected player is targeted for death, the Martyr is killed instead. The Martyr is not required to exercise this option every night -- it is most useful to protect an outed cop/doctor. The martyr is seen by cops as a simple villager.
4. Masons -- 2 villagers who know each other to be honest villagers. The two masons will be PMed each others' identities, and may talk outside the thread. If a mason is killed, the following night the surviving mason may attempt to recruit a new member to replace his fallen friend. If he attempts to recruit a mafia member, the mason dies. If he is targeted by the mafia on the night of a conversion attempt, he dies but the conversion succeeds (and the new mason may now attempt a conversion). If investigated by cops, they appear as simple villagers.
Note: Since there are 2 masons, it counts for two pro-town roles if selected.
POSSIBLE ROLES BENEFICIAL TO THE MAFIA 1. Miller -- a villager who appears to cops as mafia. The Miller does not know he's the Miller -- he is simply told he is a villager.
2. Godfather -- the head of the mafia. The Godfather appears innocent to cops.
3. Terrorist -- an extra member of the mafia, who may suicide bomb a villager during the day. If all normal mafia are killed off before the terrorist, he blows himself up and the village wins. He appears as a Terrorist to cops.
4. Traitor -- a traitor knows who the mafia members are, but is hidden from the mafia. The traitor works during the day to prevent the mafia from being lynched, and appears innocent to cops. The traitor wins with the mafia; however, the village does not need to kill the traitor to win -- just the regular mafia.
POSSIBLE NEUTRAL ROLES 1. Serial Killer -- a one-man team whose goal is to be the last man standing. Gets a night kill, just like mafia. Appears to be a regular villager to cops.
2. Bus Driver -- chooses two people to "swap places" in the night. If the BD swaps Person A and Person B, then:
- if mafia targets A, B dies. - if the doctor targets A, B is protected. - if the cop looks into A (a mafia member), B (a villager) appears guilty.
3. Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Lasers Out Its Ass -- a villager who will be asked for a target each night. I have a list of potential actions to be taken on that target, ranging from protection to death to anything in between. The Flaming Pumpkin has no idea which action will be taken in advance, nor will they always know for sure which action was taken after. The Flaming Pumpkin can refuse to name a target, but cannot refuse two nights consecutively (so, if the FP is afraid of using his power, he may refrain every other night).
Summary 19/21 Players depending on interest. Timing/flow of the game will be similar to the All-Star and Kingmaker games. There will be 4-5 Mafia (number will be confirmed before game starts), 1 Doctor and 1 Cop. There will also be 6 roles randomly chosen from the pool of messed-up [censored] above. Players won't know which 6 roles were chosen.
Given the power of the doctor/cop dynamic, I'm going to mull over a fair way to weaken them. Despite his wolfish tendencies, Greekhouse has a fair point in the AS game. If anyone has an idea how to weaken the doctor/cop combo without making them completely ineffective, post away.
Quote: Given the power of the doctor/cop dynamic, I'm going to mull over a fair way to weaken them. Despite his wolfish tendencies, Greekhouse has a fair point in the AS game. If anyone has an idea how to weaken the doctor/cop combo without making them completely ineffective, post away.
If you have more than one cop, you can make one of them a cop derivative.. i.e. always gets a read as mafia for whomever they pick, or always gets a read as townsperson, or gets the 'opposite' read to the normal. Or some random chance that they get it right or wrong. The same for the doctor.. some random chance that they either protect someone they didn't intend to, or don't protect anyone at all?