Books by Others
Favorite Links
Feedback
Advertising Information
Posting Hints
Privacy Notice
Forum Archives

The 2+2 Forums

Before using this Forum, please refer to the Terms and Conditions (Last modified: 2/26/2006)

Be sure to read the   Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

This is an archive. The main forums are here

These forums are read only.

UBB.threads™ Groupee, Inc.

General Poker Discussion >> Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
gobboboy
The Outback Special

Reged: 06/08/05
Loc: Missing wraps.
Beat: Am a freak and a very weird dude.
      #12854238 - 11/07/07 06:39 PM

About a week or so ago I decided to email full tilt to see if they're interested in sponsoring me for the Aussie Millions this year (lol selloutaments). This is the email I sent them:

"I'm not sure this is the right email address for this, so if there's a
better person to send this to please forward it to them.

Hi, I'm Jimmy Fricke, and I took 2nd in the Aussie Millions tournament
last year and received a large amount of television coverage. I'm
coming back for all the tournaments this year, and was curious if Full
Tilt would be interested in sponsoring me in some of the events or maybe
the main event in exchange for wearing full tilt gear and maybe some
other things. I'm unaffiliated with all sites right now and I have a
bunch of friends coming to the tournament who are strong online
tournament players who also have no affiliation. Let me know if you're
interested in doing business.

Take care,
Jimmy."

I got a response a little bit later saying that they don't respond to every message about solicitations, blah blah blah, but they'll contact me if they're interested. This message just popped up in my inbox:

"Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Full Tilt Poker.
Unfortunately FTP does not take open solicitations from players wishing to
join the team. It is an invite only process that does not have set
standards or qualifications. In the future, if we are interested in
adding you as a FTP representative we will contact you directly. We wish
you the best of luck and we hope to see you at a final table soon.

JD"

I'm like okay, whatever, I had to expect it. I peruse the rest of the email and discover that this genius had included an email that Howard Lederer sent to him regarding his final decision. This is that email: