A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Monday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer" .
The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down: Why not on Monday? and the voice from in the well shouts back: Because on Monday, itís your day in the well .
Started playing in like january last year. deposited 50 bux and played 10+1 sngs are party poker, bustoed like twice.
Then i decided i was going to really srsly start winning money,so in feb 06 i deposited 500 dollars (I had a decent job, working as an intern in an architecture firm for like 32k annual), and decided to bonuswhore my way to 10k in 12 weeks. That was my goal anyway. This was back when bonus whoring was srsly the nuts, and even as a 25nler u could chase down like 1k in bonuses, it was sweet. Anyway, i played 25nl on party, like 4 tabling, and doubled my roll in week one, doubled it again in week 2, moved up to 50nl. IIRC i was winning like 7ptbb or something. This was a mediocre winrate back then.
Within a couple more weeks i had a 3-4k roll and was playing 100nl on party, had learned to 8 table. This was the part were i first tried six max and ran awful for a while. Long story short i broke even at poker for a few weeks, and eventually made it to 1/2. At 1/2 i killed smoothly for a while, and had made it briefly to 2/4, about 25k hands after which party got the ax.
anyway, since then my roll had seesawed between 20k and 5k at it lowest point in december, all due to me trying six max and getting pwned, and being a break evenish player in generally while having a huge downswing.
Eventually in january i decided [censored] six max, i beat full ring so im gonna play that, and then i had my best month ever up till then, making 15k in january on full tilt 1/2 and 2/4 fr.
Then did pretty poorly for several months, only winning 2-3k at best each month, until the summer.
Since June ive made about 55k at poker. I think June was when my game really turned around fwiw. And im about 7k or so from 100k$ earnings lifetime.
Most memorable hand was 100nl fr on party 300bb deep, dude minraises raises ep, i call with 88 in position, maniac in position 3bets to 6, call call. Flop KK5 two tone, I check, maniac bets half pot 10 into 20, i call. Turn K, i check, maniac shoves for about 7x pot, 280 into 40, and i call, he has 66.
Quote: about how many hands have you played online?
how much time/hands did you spend at 100nl before moving up?
do you have any advice for a 1.5ptbb/100 winner at 100nl on how to improve his game?
do you subscribe to cardrunners? why/why not?
when are you gonna try another 20k hand session?
1. Something very close to 1 million
2. Pretty useless question because i played on party, but about 2-3 weeks. In fact, the only level ive had even remotely any trouble moving up to was 2/4.
3. Raise preflop with 15+ % of your hands and betfold the flop.
4. Yes, and really I don't know that its helped me all that much. I mean, surely it has, but not in any ways other than intrinsic and subconcious ones. I can't think of any videos I watched that were just "WOW, thats all there is to it, huh!?" FWIW, the [censored] quality boosted j vid, and most of stingers vids are all extremely worth watching. I don't much care for gp, mw, or any of the other guests, with exception being jman. Townsends videos are pretty good.
5. If i do, it will be totally spur of the moment, and no bets will be on.