Favorite Links
Feedback
Advertising Information
Home
Posting Hints
Privacy Notice
Forum Archives

The 2+2 Forums

Before using this Forum, please refer to the Terms and Conditions (Last modified: 2/26/2006)

Be sure to read the   Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

This is an archive. The main forums are here

These forums are read only.

UBB.threads™ Groupee, Inc.

2+2 Communities >> BBV4Life

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
goofyballer
Emo Communist

Reged: 06/12/05
Loc: THESE IZ THE OLD FORUMZ
So I had a date tonight
      #10732229 - 06/10/07 05:20 AM

Background here.

Anyway, she calls at like 9pm or so and tells me she's ready. She asks if she can come pick me up; she doesn't usually have a car, but for some reason she has access to one this weekend and wants to drive. I'm like "sorry, I'm taking you out, I'm driving." This turns out to be a good idea.

I go over to her apartment complex, park, knock on her door. She invites me inside and runs upstairs to finish getting ready because obviously it would be too kind to just be ready when I arrive to begin with. She's wearing these super short jean shorts that barely cover her ass, and a white tank with a jacket over it. We part, she has to move her car so she asks me to follow her in my car while she moves it to park elsewhere. I do that, she gets in, and the game is on.

I'm nervous at first (standard), we head downtown, park in the garage, walk 3 blocks to her favorite sushi restaurant. She wants to find an ATM; I say "why do you need an ATM? I'm taking you out to dinner" and she responds with "I don't let guys buy me dinner" and I'm thinking "wtf, she knows this is a date, right?" so I say "you don't let guys do romantic, chivalrous things for you?" to basically be like "uh hi, this is a date, I'm paying" and I forget her response but she was really determined to pay for her food. We go to the ATM, she pulls out a $20 (lol busto people), we go to the restaurant. I'm a total sushi noob and she's really excited to show me what I've been missing out. We arrive and are seated at the bar in front of where they prepare all the food; we're kinda squished together, and shoulders/legs are touching as we go over the menu together. It's really funny to watch her eyes light up at every other item on the menu; she comes up with like 20 diff rolls that I apparently HAVE to try and orders for us. She shows me how to use chopsticks; remarkably I actually can use them to pick up my food. Food was pretty good, not that I'm an expert or anything but I enjoyed it. We shared a bowl of fried green tea ice cream after our sushi, which is tasty; bill comes out to $32.26, she demands we split it, so we both throw in a $20 and I give her the change back.

We head back to the car; I open her door for her b/c I'm a gentleman. She's like "crap, I don't have socks with me!" cause our next stop was bowling; so, we drive back to her apartment complex so she can grab some (it isn't far, fortunately). She picks them up and gets back in the car, and then is like "hey, they have bowling lanes on campus right? Why are we going to Pismo Beach [like 10-15 miles away] to go bowling?" and I'm like "uh, because the lanes on campus are full of busto-ass freshmen with nothing better to do?" and she says "Hey, I'm a freshman!" to which I replied "yeah, and you have something better to do." Owned. Then "Pismo Beach is so far! Why waste the gas?" and she's apparently a hippie worried about the environment and is seriously angry at me for driving 10 miles away to go bowling. But I mean, there's no [censored] way I'm taking this girl to campus on a date, so [censored] that. I'm a little worried she's pissed at me, so I try to defuse it a little by saying "man, I have never had a girl fight me this much when I'm trying to take her out for a nice evening" and she starts laughing and says "I know", so I guess I'm in the clear. We start talking about whatever, conversation is good.

We get to Pismo Beach and park in the lot about 100yds from the beach. We head back up the street to the bowling alley; in the lobby, they have a bunch of arcade machines and one of those things filled with stuffed animals where you bring the claw down to try to grab them. A mother and child were experiencing tragedy at the hands of the machine; a toy was stuck on the claw! Using my exceptionally long arms, however, I was able to reach up and grab it off the claw to give it to the kid. So yeah, there's my good deed for the day. Shortly thereafter we go inside and find out that they stop opening up lanes for people at 10pm (it's like 10:45). [censored]! Fortunately there's a pool hall across the street, so I suggest we head in there; she obliges.

There's a waitlist for tables, so I buy us a couple sodas (brag: beat down her wall of "I don't let guys buy me things") and we hang out in the bar area and talk until our table is ready. We play 5 games; she wins the first, then I tie it at 1-1, she wins a horrific third game in which neither of us could sink the 8 ball to save our lives (she finally won when I hit it into the wrong pocket), then she took the 4th and lost the 5th. So, final score 3-2 her. We played until 12:30 or so, I paid for it (brag: resisted her "I don't let guys buy me things" again), we head outside. Since the beach is just past our car, I suggest we head down and check it out, a.k.a. time to put the moves on! She says ok.

There's a pier that goes out over the ocean; we walk down a ways and stop at a railing overlooking the water. We talk for awhile about random stuff; this is obviously the moment when I'm supposed to kiss her, so I'm trying to figure out how to make it happen. I'm really not a very physical person, and I always feel awkward doing stuff like putting my arm around a girl or whatever, so I'm struggling to make this happen. Finally I just decide "[censored] it" and put my arm around her; she had been saying something about surfing and how high the waves get, and I timed the arm-around-shoulder with something like "that sounds dangerous, I wouldn't want you getting hurt" or something lame like that. She says "well, you can't let being afraid of things keep you from living life" and I said "yeah, that's a good rule to live by."

My response was referring to not being afraid of the kiss I was about to plant on her; I expected that to sail over her head, but she may have gotten it because she started laughing. I said "what?" and she responded "oh, nothing...I'm just an awkward person." I figured this was my shot and said "ok, well maybe we'll have to do something about that" and got ready to go in for the kill...

...and she turned away and said "no, don't kiss me."

Hmm.

She backed away and got this frantic look on her face, like she was both scared and empathetic. She went into this long speech about how she was having such a great time, but she knew it would ruin our friendship because she went through something similar recently, and how she didn't want to lead me on, and how there's some guy back home she was going to date during the summer and it isn't fair to him to just be coming out of a relationship with someone else (even if it's one week long? come on), and how this was such a perfect moment and we have great chemistry and she liked me, and how under different circumstances something could happen, but it can't with the way things are right now, and how kissing is really personal to her and isn't something she takes lightly...and I don't even remember all of it. I tried to tell her all the reasons she was wrong even though I knew it was pointless and nothing I could say would change her mind. It didn't. Then she started being worried that I was mad at her, so I told her I wasn't and hugged her, probably for like 15 seconds, and kissed the side of her forehead as she laid her head against my chest. She told me I was sweet. I pretended to smile.

We turned back to the ocean. She started naming shapes she saw in the foam beneath us. I didn't really see any of it. We walked back to the car, she started talking about other stuff like everything was normal again. I responded when necessary and pretended to smile at the appropriate moments for the 20 minute drive back to her place; I walked her to her door, she invited me inside for a minute. We hugged goodnight, she said "please don't hate me" (something she had also said on the pier), I said of course I won't. She tells me 5 times she had an amazing time. She asks if I want to study for our Monday bio final, I say I'll let her know (not planning on calling her). As I walk out the door she says behind me "you were a great date"; I turn and smile and say "thanks", and apparently she didn't believe the look on my face because she said it again. I go home.

So now I just feel defeated. Every girl I fall for I seem to fall into the friend zone with, and all of my actions thus far with Natalia should have landed me in the same place, yet the same reasons why I wind up being the guy most girls talk about their boyfriend problems to are the reasons this girl liked me. And still, I come so close and fall short. What the [censored] am I even supposed to do now? I've been on two dates this year, and in one of them the girl apparently didn't even realize it was a date, and then there's this. I mean, how can she even call it a date if apparently I had no chance to begin with? What the [censored]? What did you think was going to happen when we walked out on the pier?

I don't really know how to conclude this...so, yeah. I'm done.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
goofyballer
Emo Communist

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: goofyballer]
      #10732239 - 06/10/07 05:23 AM

worthless w/o pics etc

Spechel EDD
h0t PiNk 4|yf3

Reged: 01/13/05
Loc: crUNKviLLE
      #10732249 - 06/10/07 05:25 AM

goofy give a shot at dating older women. 28-35 would be the best range here.

youre dating all these young stupid bitches who enjoy dating guys who treat them like [censored] all the time and make them feel miserable. youre too nice of a guy to be having to mess around with these morons.

EricW
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/09/04
Loc: 232 days until my life is comp...
      #10732256 - 06/10/07 05:26 AM

It's ok my friend. With things like this, I hear that you have to be persistent. Tomorrow, show up at her apartment without calling her and bring with you 2 dozen roses and a box of the finest Belgium chocolate you can find. Tell her you're not going to give up so easily; in fact, tell her that you won't ALLOW her give up.

DJ Sensei
mad 5k octagons yo

Reged: 04/12/05
Loc: pushing it to the limit
      #10732258 - 06/10/07 05:27 AM

man if i was there i'd give you a hug.

bitches, man. bitches.

diebitter
grotesquely handsome

Reged: 03/31/05
Loc: Married With Children
      #10732261 - 06/10/07 05:28 AM

Goofy

A++ for trying to take the shot when you did. This puts you ahead of the game. It is small consolation, but lots of guys don't have the guts at this spot - which sounded perfect to me.

Go find another one.

I don't want to complicate it, but next time you try a shot, try and get some extended (not too long, a few seconds) eye contact in before you take it. You can tell if she's digging you from this.

ok2aa

Reged: 02/09/06
      #10732262 - 06/10/07 05:29 AM

just get drunk and make out with a random chick

Genz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/24/05
Loc: railtarding fanboy
      #10732270 - 06/10/07 05:30 AM

Edit to clarify: I made it only 1/3 through the OP before these questions were too heavy a burden.

Why do you insist on buying her things so much? Many girls find this humiliating when they have some own money. Why do you let her get inside to get some socks alone?!? Why didn't you go to the beach instead of playing pool?

Why didn't you only post the 1st picture? Would have made for a good illusion.

Edited by Genz (06/10/07 05:31 AM)

luckybacon
veteran

Reged: 09/08/06
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Genz]
      #10732302 - 06/10/07 05:38 AM

man congrats goofy!!! u got the [censored] balls to make the move and u did everything right but she just wasnt feeling it. Move on and i know rejection sucks, but you should have gained some confidence by just going for it and just saying [censored] it. She was being kinda shady b/c she knew what she was getting herself into so i wouldnt worry about it. bounce back and im sure the next girl will be even better

Genz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/24/05
Loc: railtarding fanboy
      #10732309 - 06/10/07 05:40 AM

I read the rest of the thread. I don't really get this part:

"and how there's some guy back home she was going to date during the summer and it isn't fair to him to just be coming out of a relationship with someone else (even if it's one week long? come on), "

So she is planning on dating a guy in summer and she doesn't want to have a relationship with anyone in the meantime? Does that guy know anything about his luck already? Well, whatever. I think you reacted fine to her speech. No need to be abusive then. So, well, tough beat, but nothing to be ashamed of.

Chump ChangeModerator
EuroBBV

Reged: 06/24/06
Loc: WITH UR POOR ROBBIN UR RICHES
      #10732318 - 06/10/07 05:42 AM

Quote:

Edit to clarify: I made it only 1/3 through the OP before these questions were too heavy a burden.

Why do you insist on buying her things so much? Many girls find this humiliating when they have some own money. Why do you let her get inside to get some socks alone?!? Why didn't you go to the beach instead of playing pool?

And why didn't you respond in the other thread? This was the [censored] I was worried about, that I saw coming a mile away, that could've been averted. Way too forced dude.

DENIED

Jay Riall
Probable Hooligan

Reged: 02/06/06
Loc: Over the line
      #10732319 - 06/10/07 05:42 AM

Chump ChangeModerator
EuroBBV

Reged: 06/24/06
Loc: WITH UR POOR ROBBIN UR RICHES
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Jay Riall]
      #10732326 - 06/10/07 05:43 AM

YOUR HONOR

SHE WALKED DOWN THE PIER

WHAT DID SHE THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN

EricW
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Chump Change]
      #10732333 - 06/10/07 05:45 AM

you know what goofy? [censored] IT! FORGET ABOUT GIRLS. Let's just run away together and forget about all the defeats that we have suffered. How about it man?

Grey
Alien Pirate

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: Watching My Anatomy...get it?!
      #10732336 - 06/10/07 05:46 AM

Why did you post a pic of the hot girl's retarded sister as well?

Gelford
Regular Joe

Reged: 11/15/05
Loc: Not mentioning the war
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Grey]
      #10732363 - 06/10/07 05:54 AM

Goofy stay away from teh batsh*t crazy ... I mean it

Grey
Alien Pirate

#10732377 - 06/10/07 05:59 AM

Quote:

Every girl I fall for I seem to fall into the friend zone with

Your obvious problem is that you're starting off relationships with dates. You're supposed to start them off with sex (or at least drunken kissing). Dates are for special occasions and when you're in the dog house. Starting off with a date is like wearing an "I'm a bitch" sign.

goofyballer
Emo Communist

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Spechel EDD]
      #10732393 - 06/10/07 06:04 AM

Quote:

youre dating all these young stupid bitches who enjoy dating guys who treat them like [censored] all the time and make them feel miserable. youre too nice of a guy to be having to mess around with these morons.

I actually think she does like me, and because I'm a nice guy. After she rejected me and I was feeling all emo I told her what an anomaly it was for her to actually like me for being a nice guy and she said "well, they're hard to come by."

Quote:

Why do you insist on buying her things so much? Many girls find this humiliating when they have some own money.

I'm taking her on a date, why should she pay for anything? Also, she's busto (putting herself through school), and I'm up like $2k at poker in the last two days, so why the hell not?

Quote:

Why do you let her get inside to get some socks alone?!?

It was the type of thing where she can just run in, grab them, run back. I didn't see a need for it to be a group expedition.

Quote:

Why didn't you go to the beach instead of playing pool?

We did both.

Quote:

Huh? She's pretty hot, sorry if she isn't a 2+2 10. Maybe you have to know her to find the 2nd pic ridiculously cute, whatever.

Quote:

So she is planning on dating a guy in summer and she doesn't want to have a relationship with anyone in the meantime?

Earlier in the night I said something about taking her to Giants games in the summer since we both live in the Bay Area; she said something at that point about how she doesn't have a boyfriend, but had this guy back home she's kinda seeing during the summer, and left it at that. I interpreted that to mean that for the next week, we were cool to do whatever. I guess we weren't.

Quote:

And why didn't you respond in the other thread? This was the [censored] I was worried about, that I saw coming a mile away, that could've been averted. Way too forced dude.

DENIED

Thanks for the support. Looking at the other thread I have no idea what you contributed that possibly could have helped me tonight. If you're referring to "We're trying to plan your course of maneuvers here. You do understand that a wrong move, being too forceful and creepy about nixing the library, could have disastrous repercussions?", that didn't even come up at any point.

GuyOnTilt
Grand Pooh Bah

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: questing
      #10732410 - 06/10/07 06:08 AM

You will have much better success at getting physical with the girl - and thus having her be more attracted to you the next day - if your first date involves alcohol. Yeah, she's underage so maybe pitchers at the pool hall weren't an option, but make it work next time somehow.

Grey
Alien Pirate

#10732412 - 06/10/07 06:08 AM

Also I think you correctly sensed that her refusal to let you pay was a warning sign. She didn't want to feel like she owed you anything. In fact she really didn't want to feel like she owed you anything. Women know in the first 10 seconds if they'd [censored] you or not, and this girl did not want to [censored] you. Trying to change a girl's mind on that matter is never worth the effort. You should have been expecting to get shot down at the beginning of the date. But you're a clever and pretty good-looking guy, so don't let one girl's whims hold you back.

I think the only sure-fire way to increase the likelihood these girls decide to [censored] you (in that 10-second span) is to act self-confident. You need to look presentable too, but really I think it's that simple.

prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/12/06
Loc: underrating women on teh inter...
      #10732429 - 06/10/07 06:13 AM

hey.. you actually moved in for a kiss.. i'm impressed. Girls always have lame-o excuses for [censored].. oh I'm gonna be dating a guy lol.

You really should have been warned when she was insistent on paying for her dinner though. A chick that says this has virtually no intention of ever sleeping with you.

THE_GAME
journeyman

Reged: 06/08/07
Loc: Compton, CA
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: prodonkey]
      #10732527 - 06/10/07 06:38 AM

I feel you my goofyballin ass n****a; had this one bitch do the same [censored] to me just the other weekend on the tv; DJ who kidd took the picture; this bitch just like all these hoes in my videos.

Slap My Jack
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 01/16/06
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: THE_GAME]
      #10732627 - 06/10/07 07:03 AM

I'd just like to say that Goofyballer's game might seem weak, but watch out bustas, it's only because he's been so hardcore playin' motherf**ers at the tables hustlin' that he hasn't had time for no hoes, so he's a bit rusty

killsadie
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 09/13/06
Loc: stpl, mn
      #10732655 - 06/10/07 07:11 AM

GIRL I THROW DIS BEER ON YOU, SAY SOMETHIN ELSE

THE_GAME
journeyman

Loc: Compton, CA
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Slap My Jack]
      #10732660 - 06/10/07 07:12 AM

Quote:

I'd just like to say that Goofyballer's game might seem weak, but watch out bustas, it's only because he's been so hardcore playin' motherf**ers at the tables hustlin' that he hasn't had time for no hoes, so he's a bit rusty

Nemesis69
old hand

Reged: 04/17/07
Loc: SPARTAAAA!
      #10732731 - 06/10/07 07:33 AM

A+ read.

Don't worry 'bout this. Just go find another one!

samsdmf
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 04/01/06
Loc: N, Wales UK
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Nemesis69]
      #10732825 - 06/10/07 08:02 AM

You need to read the ladder theory

http://www.laddertheory.com/

goofyballer
Emo Communist

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: samsdmf]
      #10732832 - 06/10/07 08:04 AM

lol, that's hilarious that you mentioned that. In my reply to Spechel EDD I had a link to that saying "I don't think she's [censored] an outlaw biker" before I revised it.

samsdmf
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 04/01/06
Loc: N, Wales UK
      #10732841 - 06/10/07 08:06 AM

Quote:

lol, that's hilarious that you mentioned that. In my reply to Spechel EDD I had a link to that saying "I don't think she's [censored] an outlaw biker" before I revised it.

Im an outlaw bike and I can tell you...she is

BOOOM

SNOWBALL
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 01/22/05
Loc: Where the citizens kneel 4 sex
      #10732916 - 06/10/07 08:27 AM

Quote:

Wow. EDD wins the thread in the first post.
This is all very true. Women in their late teens and early twneties are all filthy whores who want to be treated as such.

im a model
old hand

Reged: 02/11/07
Loc: im too sexy for my loc
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: SNOWBALL]
      #10733499 - 06/10/07 10:51 AM

damn it i cant believe i read that whole thing. that [censored] was worse than an RL Stein book.

prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10733618 - 06/10/07 11:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Wow. EDD wins the thread in the first post.
This is all very true. Women in their late teens and early twneties are all filthy whores who want to be treated as such.

While this is very true.. usually the ones in their 30's are even dirtier filthy whores, they just don't show it as much.

Triumph36
Good Citizen

Reged: 07/25/04
Loc: Osi Ukin'-yora
      #10733649 - 06/10/07 11:18 AM

goofy:

[censored], but you went for it. i think we all warned you against doing it the way you did, but you could've pulled it off even so -

it's entirely possible that this 'boyfriend' scenario is invented in her own head (not a lie, but a distant, foolish fantasy).

diebitter
grotesquely handsome

Reged: 03/31/05
Loc: Married With Children
      #10733673 - 06/10/07 11:23 AM

one more thing. She sounds like a flake.

Flakes come in two kinds. You got the kind that isn't [censored]-mad.

Shephard

Reged: 03/10/07
      #10733679 - 06/10/07 11:24 AM

i like your game here, i think it might be just variance that the girls just want to be friends with u

also she is hot

Edited by Shephard (06/10/07 11:26 AM)

20Five
old hand

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Owned...
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Shephard]
      #10733807 - 06/10/07 11:49 AM

somehow i feel like there must have been some clues to this outcome before you actually tried to lean in for the kiss with this girl..?

at any rate i think you played it out pretty well overall.. adapting to the situation as best you could, and trying to follow through on your intentions throughout..

for future reference i think its best to offer to pay for everything that comes up on the date, but as soon as the girl chimes in like she wants to throw in for something then let her.. best to not make a big issue over it (especially if something small like a couple drinks or a game of pool etc) and quasi-argue for the next 3-5 minutes which will only lead to a little awkwardness.

-sidenote- i sometimes find it best to try to plan a date that is more or less on the girls level of operation... ie if your taking some college soph out whos flat broke, then do something relatively inexpensive, maybe go for a walk to get ice cream or something etc. if your taking some girl out who has a job/money then play on that level and find a nice restaurant to dine at.. the poor girl feels uncomfortable when she sees you playing out of her league (it can sometimes make you come off toolish, especially on first dates) and the girl with money is going to think your a clown if you bring her through the drive through.

at any rate you definetly cant win em all in the dating game, and this one got away from you but there will be many more.. try to learn what you can from all these type of situations, so when the right girl is around you can be comfortable and confident with her which will obv lead to sexytimes.

Keyser.
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 08/15/05
Loc: cr blog!
      #10733893 - 06/10/07 12:04 PM

That girl sounds really freaking annoying.

Quote:

"I don't let guys buy me dinner

Quote:

"hey, they have bowling lanes on campus right? Why are we going to Pismo Beach [like 10-15 miles away] to go bowling?"

Quote:

she's apparently a hippie worried about the environment

Quote:

She started naming shapes she saw in the foam beneath us.

oh, and lol at her beating you at pool.

B00T
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 05/26/04
      #10733906 - 06/10/07 12:06 PM

good post OP. Finally someone who posts stuff about their personal life and at least has the balls to give pictures. Better luck next time man.

fees
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/19/07
Loc: Whats my motivation? LOLOLOLOL...
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Shephard]
      #10734111 - 06/10/07 12:37 PM

big up's to gballa... play on playa...

[censored] this bitch.. you work too hard and are way too nice to fight for some girl that has mediocre interest in you..

neeeeeeext

Karak567
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 05/17/04
Loc: NYY4Life
      #10734117 - 06/10/07 12:38 PM

girl sounds kinda dumb

fold

good effort though and well played... just took a bad beat

IlliniLou
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 10/21/05
Loc: Livin' the dream
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: B00T]
      #10734158 - 06/10/07 12:44 PM

Goofy,

bitches ain't [censored] my brotha, word

Lurker.
Lurker for GBBV Mod

Reged: 01/16/07
Loc: May your pain be champagne
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: IlliniLou]
      #10734377 - 06/10/07 01:17 PM

dude, she HUSTLED YOU!

hahaha kidding, girls arent smart. You should go to parties and find drunk chicks to hook up with instead of paying for all sorts of dates with broke ass freshmen.

Wyman
enthusiast

Reged: 03/12/07
Loc: MI, at least for a few yrs =(
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Lurker.]
      #10734569 - 06/10/07 01:43 PM

Your line is fine. This is not necessarily a beat, just variance. It happens. Kudos for trying.

A caution about freshman girls: they often don't know what they want, and they can be super-volatile (well, a lot of girls can, but especially freshmen). She'll have broken up with this boyfriend back home by the end of the summer most likely. You're definitely better off with older girls (most upperclassmen want freshman girls, so there's like 3 neglected classes). You're even better off with grads if you want a relationship; as soon as they graduate, many start hearing their biological clocks ticking. GL OP.

EMc
The People's Mod

Reged: 02/24/05
Loc: LETS GO YANKEES!!
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Wyman]
      #10734643 - 06/10/07 01:52 PM

sorry goofy

mikeczyz

Reged: 03/17/07
Loc: san francisco, ca
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: EMc]
      #10734820 - 06/10/07 02:21 PM

A+++ for the effort,
i feel gutted just reading this. better luck next time.

LovedBySgtSaLT
addict

Reged: 07/20/06
Loc: Runnin'
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Karak567]
      #10735076 - 06/10/07 02:51 PM

A++++ as always

ze wimmens... *sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

King_S
old hand

Reged: 06/25/06
Loc: Eating
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: LovedBySgtSaLT]
      #10735105 - 06/10/07 02:55 PM

Dinner is a very poor choice for first date. Also, don't buy things women. A true baller gets his drinks paid for, then he returns the favor.

Don't supplicate.

Who cares about this girl? Always have a target! For the next date, ask the girl out for drinks, then invite her back for a movie. Wait 15-20 minutes, then grab and kiss her.

You can take her out to dinner once she deserves it, i.e. you've zipped.

JMP300z
veteran

Reged: 09/22/04
Loc: Scdavis0/Parlay's left.
      #10735122 - 06/10/07 02:57 PM

Quote:

Great advice....although really 22+ will put you in better shape than 18-21.

-JP

Dan87
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/15/06
Loc: BC, Canada
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: JMP300z]
      #10735197 - 06/10/07 03:06 PM

go out to a club get drunk and hook up with some [censored]

dates are for girlfriends, you made it sound like you only wanted to [censored] her over this next week so why go through all the trouble

Gildwulf
BBV4LIFE

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: Blogging
      #10735260 - 06/10/07 03:13 PM

Quote:

She backed away and got this frantic look on her face, like she was both scared and empathetic. She went into this long speech about how she was having such a great time, but she knew it would ruin our friendship because she went through something similar recently, and how she didn't want to lead me on, and how there's some guy back home she was going to date during the summer and it isn't fair to him to just be coming out of a relationship with someone else (even if it's one week long? come on), and how this was such a perfect moment and we have great chemistry and she liked me, and how under different circumstances something could happen, but it can't with the way things are right now, and how kissing is really personal to her and isn't something she takes lightly...and I don't even remember all of it. I tried to tell her all the reasons she was wrong even though I knew it was pointless and nothing I could say would change her mind. It didn't. Then she started being worried that I was mad at her, so I told her I wasn't and hugged her, probably for like 15 seconds, and kissed the side of her forehead as she laid her head against my chest. She told me I was sweet. I pretended to smile.

lol

sorry but...you are actually on a date right? Like she knows this is a date?

I also agree with keyser that she sounds annoying and preachy. If you are getting in arguments on your first date imagine what it would be like 6 months from now...yikes

rubbrband
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/02/06
Loc: R VA
      #10735281 - 06/10/07 03:15 PM

Beat: If you were just another scumbag she might have sexed you and not thought twice about it.
Beat: Going about things in such a traditional matter made her think about long term relationship potential.
Beat: No sexy time
Brag: You did v well

Poofler
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/02/06
Loc: Just making a little Earl Grey
      #10735345 - 06/10/07 03:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Great advice....although really 22+ will put you in better shape than 18-21.

-JP

Yeah, once they have a 9-5 grind, had drunken hookups in college, and have already been treated like crap by several semi-serious boyfriends your approach will fair much better. Until then - I know it's cliche - but acting less interested and less polite will go a long way.

Edit: FFK response in OOT to illustrate.

"Seriously though, it's human nature to become disinterested in things we take for granted. If someone is so incredibly available all the time, it's not exciting or challenging. It's like the battle is already won. I think this applies both to men and women."

Just make the battle harder with younger girls, presuming you're decent looking. And Grey basically said you were hot.

remi983
journeyman

Reged: 04/06/05
      #10735360 - 06/10/07 03:24 PM

"I've been on TWO DATES THIS YEAR, and in one of them the girl apparently didn't even realize it was a date, and then there's this."

That's your prob. Two dates is an incredibly small sample size. You gotta get in there and play the game. Just be detached from the outcomes. Look @ it like poker: don't be results oriented and results will follow. Your date plan, approach and execution are all great. This particular girl just didn't respond well. It happens...Find some better girls to take out.

whoisthedrizzle
Hottest Guy on 2p2

Reged: 03/05/06
Loc: Not Earth. Vegas.
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Dan87]
      #10735374 - 06/10/07 03:26 PM

Goofy, a woman is a lot like a refrigerator. They're about six feet tall, 300 pounds. They make ice, and... um... Oh, wait a minute. Actually, a woman is more like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one. But you can't stop at one, you wanna drink another woman!

So, if my advice isn't yet clear, what I'm saying is that you just have to go out there tomorrow and find another
woman so you can get as drunk as you possibly can. And sometimes you gotta pay, that's just how it is. If that doesn't suit your fancy here are six little words that might make your life a little bit easier:

I'm not gay, but I'll learn.

PITTM
You're the only person on the site whose presence annoys me. Stay out of this forum. If you post...

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: this forum again I will ban yo...
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: DJ Sensei]
      #10735421 - 06/10/07 03:31 PM

Quote:

man if i was there i'd give you a hug.

bitches, man. bitches.

Troothinessoftheday

cts
Worth 1k per minute.

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: VA
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: rubbrband]
      #10735485 - 06/10/07 03:38 PM

alllcoohol

snagglepuss
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 01/24/06
Loc: this space for gambool
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: PITTM]
      #10735525 - 06/10/07 03:42 PM

painful

hint: don't fall in love with every girl you meet

Grey
Alien Pirate

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: snagglepuss]
      #10735581 - 06/10/07 03:48 PM

I want to punch your avatar

Gone Forever
old hand

Reged: 06/27/06
Loc: Hudge myspace party.
      #10735610 - 06/10/07 03:50 PM

Goofy, I found myself in a similar situation a few years ago. I had been talking to this girl I was digging and everything seemed to be going in the right direction. I called her up said "Hey what're you doing Saturday?" she says "Nothing." So I give the whole "Why don't you let me take you out? How about this Saturday?" She says cool.

So Saturday comes around. I call her up. Ask her what she's doing just making with the small talk bs. She says "Getting ready to go to this concert."

WTF?!

So I explain to her that when I mentioned letting me take her out I was pretty much asking her out on a date. She's like "Ohh. Really? Was I leading you on? I'm not really looking for a boyfriend...." I'm like "Yes, totally! You completely lead me on." Blah blah. I tell her I gotta go. We hang up.

So at this point I'm a nice combo of embarrassed, let down, and PISSED OFF. I'm sitting there stewing. Going over my options I figure, I'm probably not going to hang out with this girl again because it'd be way to awkward and embarrassing for me. Plus I'm pretty pissed that she played me like that, so, I say "[censored] it!".

I call her right back. She answers. I say "You say you don't want a boyfriend. Fine. If you ever just wanna get down, you give me a call. No strings attached."

She says "Reaaaally?"

Me: "Totally."

I swear to god, not more than 5 hours later she calls me and tells me to come over. I do, and we proceed to have the craziest sex I've ever had. She was a complete and total FREAK! She said some of the nastiest [censored] I've ever heard come out of a chicks mouth. AND she called me by my nickname instead of my real name which I found odd yet so [censored] hot at the same time.

Anyway. Moral of the story: If you know you're probably not going to talk to or hang out with this chick any more, what have you got to lose?

Poofler
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Gone Forever]
      #10735638 - 06/10/07 03:54 PM

Your post wins life.

Barrin6
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/22/05
Loc: 100k hands 5ptbb+ nl1/2 b4 nl2...
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Poofler]
      #10735648 - 06/10/07 03:55 PM

goofy,
I never knew they had a bowling alley at your school. If I knew that earlier I would had went to your school just for that sole reason.

Poofler
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Barrin6]
      #10735658 - 06/10/07 03:57 PM

What school is this in the Bay Area? If it's Cal, then I'm very sorry for you Goofy.

nation
Indian Nightmare

Reged: 12/10/05
Loc: actually grinding now
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Poofler]
      #10735889 - 06/10/07 04:22 PM

goofs,

man that sucks. sounded like you were really into her. there are tons of girls out there.

also, i agree with the idea that you shouldn't pay for her stuff if you dont have to. girls get off on the power trip, just go with the flow if she wants to pay, let her.

Tree Surgeon
enthusiast

Reged: 08/09/06
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: whoisthedrizzle]
      #10735919 - 06/10/07 04:25 PM

Quote:

I'm not gay, but I'll learn.

Don't discourage the boy. Weasling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel.

gholizad
enthusiast

Reged: 05/04/06
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: diebitter]
      #10735992 - 06/10/07 04:32 PM

Quote:

..She started naming shapes she saw in the foam beneath us. I didn't really see any of it...

I loled so hard

TIEdup14
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/11/06
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: gholizad]
      #10736333 - 06/10/07 05:06 PM

awesome trip report as usual; GB is the gold standard for them.

Sorry it didnt work out... Gone Forever had a nice post though.

pooflingerr

Reged: 04/29/07
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: TIEdup14]
      #10736514 - 06/10/07 05:26 PM

owned

there's no other guy she just didn't dig ya. No problem, plenty of other puss out there bub

Raised2Win
old hand

Reged: 08/26/05
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: TIEdup14]
      #10736576 - 06/10/07 05:32 PM

Quote:

...and she turned away and said "no, don't kiss me."

Hmm.

I felt the pain so bad I had to stand up and leave the computer.

ruken

Reged: 09/05/06
      #10736617 - 06/10/07 05:35 PM

Quote:

Goofy, I found myself in a similar situation a few years ago. I had been talking to this girl I was digging and everything seemed to be going in the right direction. I called her up said "Hey what're you doing Saturday?" she says "Nothing." So I give the whole "Why don't you let me take you out? How about this Saturday?" She says cool.

So Saturday comes around. I call her up. Ask her what she's doing just making with the small talk bs. She says "Getting ready to go to this concert."

WTF?!

So I explain to her that when I mentioned letting me take her out I was pretty much asking her out on a date. She's like "Ohh. Really? Was I leading you on? I'm not really looking for a boyfriend...." I'm like "Yes, totally! You completely lead me on." Blah blah. I tell her I gotta go. We hang up.

So at this point I'm a nice combo of embarrassed, let down, and PISSED OFF. I'm sitting there stewing. Going over my options I figure, I'm probably not going to hang out with this girl again because it'd be way to awkward and embarrassing for me. Plus I'm pretty pissed that she played me like that, so, I say "[censored] it!".

I call her right back. She answers. I say "You say you don't want a boyfriend. Fine. If you ever just wanna get down, you give me a call. No strings attached."

She says "Reaaaally?"

I swear to god, not more than 5 hours later she calls me and tells me to come over. I do, and we proceed to have the craziest sex I've ever had. She was a complete and total FREAK! She said some of the nastiest [censored] I've ever heard come out of a chicks mouth. AND she called me by my nickname instead of my real name which I found odd yet so [censored] hot at the same time.

Anyway. Moral of the story: If you know you're probably not going to talk to or hang out with this chick any more, what have you got to lose?

Post of the year. I'm filing that one away in case I ever have to use it.

EricW
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: ruken]
      #10736753 - 06/10/07 05:48 PM

The world was on fire
No one could save me but you.
Strange what desire will make foolish people do
I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you
And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

No, I don't want to fall in love
[This love is only gonna break your heart]
No, I don't want to fall in love
With you
With you

What a wicked game you play
To make me feel this way
What a wicked thing to do
To let me dream of you
What a wicked thing to say
You never felt this way
What a wicked thing to do
To make me dream of you
v And I don't wanna fall in love
And I don't want to fall in love

{World was on fire
No one could save me but you
Strange what desire will make foolish people do
I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you
I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

No I don't wanna fall in love
[This love is only gonna break your heart
No I don't wanna fall in love
With you
With you

Nobody loves no one

maniacut
veteran

Reged: 01/06/06
Loc: racetrack
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: EricW]
      #10737052 - 06/10/07 06:15 PM

Gone Forever, thank you.

Big Poppa Smurf
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/30/05
Loc: I AM A CALLING STATION
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: maniacut]
      #10737235 - 06/10/07 06:32 PM

GOOFY GIRLS ARE INSANE THE SOONER YOU LEARN THIS THE BETTER

also I second the "don't fall in love with every girl you meet" bit, not only does it cause ridiculous emotional swings every time you meet a nice girl, because first you fall in love with her because she's nice and then she doesn't want to date you, but because if you keep this up you'll eventually get into the whole "women suck I hate all women I'm going gay" thing, and no one wants that, except for maybe Kolo

IcarusJam
addict

Reged: 01/30/07
Loc: In your micros
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Big Poppa Smurf]
      #10737277 - 06/10/07 06:37 PM

You play the poker, she has to like you. Keep pushing for her man it's in the bag. BBV never fails.

NetFace
journeyman

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Texas
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: IcarusJam]
      #10737784 - 06/10/07 07:26 PM

Bitches runnin' wild man

SNOWBALL
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 01/22/05
Loc: Where the citizens kneel 4 sex
      #10737936 - 06/10/07 07:42 PM

G-Balla,

I think this girl is hooked on some other dude's penis power (srsly not a [censored] rickroll)

TheMetetron
Perpetual Traveler

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Blog Updated Dec 1st
      #10738373 - 06/10/07 08:21 PM

How long have you been at Cal Poly?

I seem to remember thinking you should've graduated by now.

Also,

1) LOL at here wanting to go to the bowling alley on campus.

2) LOL at your sushi being $30 total. WTF?

3) That chick isn't "pretty hot", but I'd screw her drunk. That's what you need to do, go to some frat parties or something and get some chicks wasted.

saucyspade19
old hand

Reged: 08/29/06
      #10738392 - 06/10/07 08:22 PM

This is so totally standard for freshman girls. There is always someone back home that they haven't moved on from, and they like other guys but they play this game of emotional ping-pong in their heads and if you aren't the guy she keeps coming back to, you are on the wrong end of it.
Trying to win a girl like this over is incredibly -ev because the guy on the other end can undo whatever ground you make by showing her the slightest bit of attention. This is the kind of situation you are in, and it really isn't worth it. Don't waste your time with girls like this, find the easy party sloots or a single girl that is actually lookin. Introductions through friends ftw if you are awkward with this kinda stuff, no biggie.

goofyballer
Emo Communist

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: TheMetetron]
      #10738431 - 06/10/07 08:27 PM

This is my 5th year.

I thought the sushi was going to be more too...we went to Shin's and got like 5 different rolls (ninja/California/California special/Grover Beach/salmon hand roll), plus the fried ice cream.

And lastly, she's pretty hot. Sorry I couldn't find pics that do her justice. I think the first one is the best and it's pretty accurate.

CrushinFelt
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/12/06
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: cts]
      #10738580 - 06/10/07 08:40 PM

Quote:

alllcoohol

winner. that and "treat 'em like dirt and they'll stick to you like mud"

don't start things hoping they will go the distance relationship-wise. Start short term and if you give in and the alpha-male that everyone has inside (except EricW or the like) gives up and its relationship time, then go for it.

Untill that time though... alcohol + being a bit of a dick = assssss

edited to note: if you dont want to do that with this girl, someone else will and you have to wait and be the guy that rebounds. Until then, go get some dumb whores wasted and put your thumb up their butt while you have sex with them.

Edited by CrushinFelt (06/10/07 08:42 PM)

Mr. Philosophy

#10738608 - 06/10/07 08:44 PM

GB,

With college girls these types of formal dates will not work for the most part. I know this because I use to try the formal date thing when I was in college and most of the time I struck out.

Most college girls are looking for hook-ups and can get freaked out with the prospect of a long-term boyfriend. Next time you want to hook-up with a freshman chick, just invite her over your place to watch a movie or something along those lines. These type of casual meetings lead to a much better chance of being able to score and save you money as well. Save the formal dates for when you graduate.

CrushinFelt
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 08/12/06
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: CrushinFelt]
      #10738623 - 06/10/07 08:45 PM

Also, read ipots trip reports to get a grip on what type of attitude you need. His [censored] is gold for ages 16-19ish.

Mr. Philosophy

#10738624 - 06/10/07 08:45 PM

Quote:

WTF?!

She says "Reaaaally?"

This post does a good job of illustrating my previous post.

Edited by Mr. Philosophy (06/10/07 08:48 PM)

Mr_Donktastic
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/22/06
Loc: hu4rollz.com
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Mr. Philosophy]
      #10738647 - 06/10/07 08:48 PM

Quote:

GB,

With college girls these types of formal dates will not work for the most part. I know this because I use to try the formal date thing when I was in college and most of the time I struck out.

Most college girls are looking for hook-ups and can get freaked out with the prospect of a long-term boyfriend. Next time you want to hook-up with a freshman chick, just invite her over your place to watch a movie or something along those lines. These type of casual meetings lead to a much better chance of being able to score and save you money as well. Save the formal dates for when you graduate.

QFT

Also as someone else mentioned go make out with some drunk random chick to make yourself feel better.

Overfloater
old hand

Reged: 01/04/07
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Mr_Donktastic]
      #10738855 - 06/10/07 09:09 PM

goofy you have comfort with her but lack attraction. Also dont go into the thing in the "I am going to date you" frame of mind. Instead, just go into it in the "we are just going to go out and have fun, and whatever happens happens, and thats cool".

Also dont argue with her. Playful banter/flirting is one thing, but argueing with her makes no sense.... just make your point and then change the subject before she can get another word in.

Default Name
journeyman

Reged: 10/14/06
      #10738929 - 06/10/07 09:18 PM

You seem to be in college so I offer you this simple advice with regards to a first date. The movie. It's simple, it's classic and it's very effective. Of course I'm not referring to going out to a movie, that costs money and isn't time effective (read: you aren't alone). Invite her over to your room to watch a movie. Reasons why:

a) It's cheap (free really)
b) Your intentions are pretty blatant and her arrivial indicates you at least have a chance
c) If things go well you already are alone in a dark room on a bed/couch and things escalate very easily

Theres a reason "Hey, you want to go watch a movie?" is one of the most universally used pick-ups on most campuses

Cumulonimbus
I make it rain

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: get high rule the world
      #10739804 - 06/10/07 10:47 PM

goofy,

bitches ain't [censored] but hoes and tricks. Sounds like you did pretty good up until the denial, and then you shut down (understandably). I've been denied at the moment of truth before too - but girls are suckers for persistent guys. I wouldn't give up yet.

Anyway, I make a great wingman. Plus we're living in the same house in Vegas for a month. So no worries, you'll forget about this beezie and we'll get it done.

Kyle

Grey
Alien Pirate

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Mr_Donktastic]
      #10739871 - 06/10/07 10:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

GB,

QFT

I already [censored] said that. Give ME the QFT. Why am I so underrated?

Really though, dates are for bitches. There is no benefit to them, and you get infinite opportunities to turn her off.

Mediocre_Player
addict

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Toronto
      #10739972 - 06/10/07 10:59 PM

Good effort man, my condolences.

But as others have said, you're trying way too hard for a 1st year chick. In univ, it's all about keeping the dates low key and alcohol is a must. I always thought it would make me look like a perma-drunk, but I swear, my best "dates" always involved booze. This is especially true for girls who aren't over a previous bf or are trying to avoid a long term relationship but just want to bang (but won't come out and say it) ... once they have a couple of drinks they all become sloots

Speedlimits
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 01/14/06
      #10740421 - 06/10/07 11:29 PM

This was a good read but I think you're kind of a newb when it comes to girls. If a girl is into you she doesn't give a [censored] if you pay or not, that's just what the media portrays so everyone ends up buying flowers and cards thinking that this will get them some action.

You should have made certain that this girl liked you before dropping $ on her, oh well lesson learned.

kolotoure
Mr Congeniality

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Raising the flop
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Speedlimits]
      #10740444 - 06/10/07 11:31 PM

Goofy hasn't kissed a girl since Jan 06.

True story

adantharModerator
Possibly Too Level Headed

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Intrepidly Reporting
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: kolotoure]
      #10740482 - 06/10/07 11:33 PM

this may be the most pathetic e/n I've read this year, and I've spent lots of time on the somethingawful forums

however, since I'm technically modding around here, let me give you some advice:

stop giving a damn about first dates. problem solved.

David LoPan
Resident Demon

Reged: 04/12/06
Loc: San Francisco Chinatown
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: adanthar]
      #10740597 - 06/10/07 11:43 PM

man u suck

I can only imagine how anti-confident you seem in person

The.Accountant
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 03/01/06
      #10740645 - 06/10/07 11:47 PM

goofy,

Just so you know, I've really enjoyed reading about bio chick and was eagerly awaiting your TR.

I was honestly thinking that we should have an emo forum just for posts like these. That way the everything people can post, and the nothing people can go away.

Edited by The.Accountant (06/10/07 11:48 PM)

NeedATimeMachine
addict

Reged: 05/23/07
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: The.Accountant]
      #10740973 - 06/11/07 12:13 AM

Quote:

goofy,

Just so you know, I've really enjoyed reading about bio chick and was eagerly awaiting your TR.

I was honestly thinking that we should have an emo forum just for posts like these. That way the everything people can post, and the nothing people can go away.

LOL

jimmyhat1000
enthusiast

Reged: 08/13/06
      #10741063 - 06/11/07 12:19 AM

man, why dont you just bang hookers and party with strippers, thats what i do, its fun

LonesomeFugitive
enthusiast

Reged: 04/26/07
      #10741257 - 06/11/07 12:34 AM

Quote:

Goofy hasn't kissed a girl since Jan 06.

True story

That is nothing, countless guys in college have never kissed a girl or even touched even the arm of a girl! goofy isn't doing so bad after all.

TheMetetron
Perpetual Traveler

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Blog Updated Dec 1st
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: LonesomeFugitive]
      #10741457 - 06/11/07 12:51 AM

Yeah I guess really need to be reiterated that college chicks aren't looking for formal dates. Invite chick over for movie profit.

That stops working as you get older and date older women, but I still try to make the 2nd date "want to come over and watch X?" because if for some reason I haven't managed to get her into my place by the end of the 1st date, I want to make sure we are there to start the 2nd.

Also, someone said something about going into this with the mindset of whatever happens happens and not thinking about long-term prospects with anyone and this is so true. Treat the girl like she is just another one and she will want you more. If you don't want her more, she will eventually get the clue and stop calling. These girls are super easy to go back to in the future, sort of like a video rental store for the nights you just want something easy.

cowpig
Robustosaurus Rex

Reged: 05/14/07
Loc: Montreal!
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: cts]
      #10742231 - 06/11/07 02:14 AM

Quote:

alllcoohol

This fixes problems in most early-stage situations with girls, and especially in this situation.

inside??
old hand

Reged: 06/13/06
Loc: Kick'in AZ
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: cowpig]
      #10742275 - 06/11/07 02:19 AM

Smirnoff Ice FTW!

Vavavoom
Photobucket Voyeur Extraordinaire

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: Hottest Male Competitions
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: inside??]
      #10742535 - 06/11/07 02:52 AM

I'd just like to say that I think you done really well and played it brilliantly...

However, Alcohol makes the situation a lot less awkward...albeit just a couple of beers...

Keep going....although try to put a little less pressure on yourself...girls can pick up on this stuff....

Vava

kkcountry
BBV MS Paint Rapid Response Squad

Reged: 06/28/06
Loc: selling my location, pm 4 deta...
      #10742625 - 06/11/07 03:10 AM

Quote:

kolotoure hasn't kissed a guy since 5 minutes ago.

True story

findingneema
addict

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: San Francisco, CA
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: kkcountry]
      #10742744 - 06/11/07 03:28 AM

Bowling or pool without beer just isn't bowling or pool. Definitely go for the alcohol with the freshman girls, cause that's all it takes for them.

As for the sushi, sounds like she's a n00b too, so no worries. Rolls are for posers.

For future reference, movie at your place + booze + ice cream (girls [censored] love ice cream) = LOL sexaments.

Wretchy
banned

Reged: 05/30/07
Loc: Winning online tourneys. Look ...
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: findingneema]
      #10742975 - 06/11/07 04:12 AM

illuminati
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 01/31/06
Loc: Cheltenham.
      #10743411 - 06/11/07 05:34 AM

Quote:

YOUR HONOR

SHE WALKED DOWN THE PIER

rofl

TBag
old hand

Reged: 09/08/04
Loc: In a raccoon suit
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: illuminati]
      #10743429 - 06/11/07 05:39 AM

Goofy - Nice TR. Sorry it didn't work out for ya.

Roger Mainfield
addict

Reged: 05/25/06
Loc: Thailand
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: illuminati]
      #10743496 - 06/11/07 05:53 AM

A+++++++++++ good read, girls suck and you were being way to tradionell. Chicks wanna shag just as much as us, get girl in your house on your couch wacthing a movie, EV++++++++

Isura
Anonymous Hopeful

Reged: 08/25/04
      #10744759 - 06/11/07 10:29 AM

goofy,

I think you did OK this time. Obviously your moves could have gone smoother, but that comes with experience. Its true that girls that age aren't into serious formal dates, because most are easy and naive, and don't require you to spend much resources to make progress. Tough luck though, girl is obv very flaky.

lostsoul
addict

Reged: 04/16/07
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Isura]
      #10744842 - 06/11/07 10:41 AM

freshmen women......beer, beer, and beer. That is about all it takes to romance them. Nothing formal. The younger they are out of high school the less formal u should go. It shouldn't even be approached as a date. It should u to hanging out for the night and having some fun. Nothing more. They are more likely to put out if there is no pressure for anything to happen. Like u have said a few times in here she is a flake, so treat her as one. If she wants to pay for something let her. Don't make a big deal about it at all. Don't make a big deal out of anything keep it all low key. Who cares if u can pay for things five times over. She is a freshmen, they could give two [censored] how much money u make. All they are concerned with is having fun, getting drunk, and enjoy there time there.

Nogatsira
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: Belgium
      #10744875 - 06/11/07 10:45 AM

a+ read, a+ girl, sorry ending

Georgia Avenue
BBV Film Director

Reged: 06/01/05
Loc: Podcasting!
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Nogatsira]
      #10745031 - 06/11/07 11:04 AM

Goofy, now how do you feel about my advice to kiss her right away?

You seem to be under the impression that women don't want to feel pressured, that they need to be convinced that you're a good, cool, fun guy and that circumstances are perfect before you kiss them. This is not at all the case. You just need to demonstrate that you are a decisive guy.

Here's an example: I went on a second date with this chick...we met for coffee once and when she left she turned her face away while I hugged her so I couldnt give her a smooch. I didnt call her for a few days and then she started IMing me, so I was like, ok let's go get dinner.

We met outside this MiddleEastern joint. I was determined to kiss her as soon as she walked up, but she was on the phone. So we went in, ate, drank, I touched her legs and arms when we laughed about my funny jokes, then we walked outside to go get ice-cream down the street. There were people all around and it was totally awkward, but as we walked towards the place while she was blabbing about some drag-queen show she saw at this gay bar, I stopped and said: hey! She turned, I put my arms around her, pulled her close and swiftly but unhurriedly moved in for a kiss. Just a short one, with a little open mouth but no tongue. Then I stepped back and smiled at her, put my arm around her and kept walking. She was flustered..."What brought that on?"
"All that cross-dressing talk gets me hawt haha"
Totally awkward first kiss, but who gives a sh-t. You need to show her that you're not hesitant and unconfident...think of girls like prisons. You need to shank a mthrfker in the shower on day one to show them you are loco.

I had almost this exact thing happen to me in college...spent all night hanging out with a girl and went to kiss her right before I left and she was like I dont know if I like you like that blahblahblah. I was crushed. But I totally bet I could have landed her if I had move in within the first five minutes.

ANYWAY, your proper response should have been ok, no prob, let's go. Please don't ever speak to this girl again. There's like a 10% chance that if you ignore her she's call you up.

Also, Gone Forever's post is gold.
--GA

AceLuby
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 05/08/06
Loc: Rockin my new guitar instead o...
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Georgia Avenue]
      #10745129 - 06/11/07 11:13 AM

Key here... booze, flirting, touching, move, ???, profit

kabouter
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 09/13/06
Loc: Amsterdam
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: AceLuby]
      #10745172 - 06/11/07 11:18 AM

Wow, I always wonder how this is possible, you seem like a chick magnet (not to macho, yet you say the right things), maybe all those girls think you are gay, and didn't expect you making moves on them or something?

Ah well I have no idea how you didn't managed to get laid yet, but your time will come, and it will be awesome .

wickedgoodtrader
enthusiast

Reged: 02/15/05
      #10745862 - 06/11/07 12:25 PM

Ya.. you clearly were to awkward/not smooth when it came to the kiss, otherwise it would ahve happened.

traxamillion
banned

Reged: 03/14/07
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: wickedgoodtrader]
      #10746238 - 06/11/07 12:54 PM

Depending on what you are looking for dates are totally unneccessary for pulling #$$ in san luis obispo. Just hit up Hathaway thurs-sat and there are more than enough willing 18-21 year olds. Bars are good too. SLO is just easy when it comes to females.

Drunk [censored] might not be your style though and i feel that but if you do you should come party with us down at the block one night.

kylephilly
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 01/24/07
Loc: illadelph
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: traxamillion]
      #10746663 - 06/11/07 01:26 PM

Welcome to the friend zone...

You're way too nice, girls like a guy with more edge. There was no challenge at all for this girl, sorry to say you're too nice.

Big Poppa Smurf
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/30/05
Loc: I AM A CALLING STATION
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: kylephilly]
      #10746892 - 06/11/07 01:44 PM

goofy I have faith in you

holyfield5
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/12/06
Loc: Where the pimps and the playas...
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: wickedgoodtrader]
      #10747181 - 06/11/07 02:06 PM

Quote:

Ya.. you clearly were to awkward/not smooth when it came to the kiss, otherwise it would ahve happened.

incorrect, she was trying to avoid this the whole time and she KNEW it was coming because she wanted him to be her platonic friend.

DING-DONG YO
Teh mfing DANG-dong

Reged: 02/23/06
Loc: ninja modng, bitches, u need 2...
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: holyfield5]
      #10747210 - 06/11/07 02:08 PM

How old are you, OP?

Soon my young friend, you will be so pissed that you keep ending up in the friend zone that you will truly not care about pussy anymore and you'll start treating girls like [censored].

When that happens, their tiny woman brains will say "<GASP>, he treats me like [censored]! But I'm the hottest thing on 2 legs? WTF? That ass! I'm gonna make it my mission in life to wrap this [censored] around my little finger! That'll teach him to treat ME like [censored]!!!!"

Then my friend, you will be free........

EDIT TO ADD: and lubing up your johnson and her buuhole with KY, LDO

Edited by DING-DONG YO (06/11/07 02:12 PM)

DING-DONG YO
Teh mfing DANG-dong

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: DING-DONG YO]
      #10747321 - 06/11/07 02:17 PM

oh, and Gone Forever's post was awesome.

and this,

Quote:

Totally awkward first kiss, but who gives a sh-t. You need to show her that you're not hesitant and unconfident...think of girls like prisons. You need to shank a mthrfker in the shower on day one to show them you are loco.

was friggin great.

Suiteness
old hand

Reged: 10/23/06
      #10747419 - 06/11/07 02:25 PM

Quote:

We met outside this MiddleEastern joint. I was determined to kiss her as soon as she walked up, but she was on the phone. So we went in, ate, drank, I touched her legs and arms when we laughed about my funny jokes, then we walked outside to go get ice-cream down the street. There were people all around and it was totally awkward, but as we walked towards the place while she was blabbing about some drag-queen show she saw at this gay bar, I stopped and said: hey! She turned, I put my arms around her, pulled her close and swiftly but unhurriedly moved in for a kiss. Just a short one, with a little open mouth but no tongue. Then I stepped back and smiled at her, put my arm around her and kept walking. She was flustered..."What brought that on?"
"All that cross-dressing talk gets me hawt haha"
Totally awkward first kiss, but who gives a sh-t. You need to show her that you're not hesitant and unconfident...think of girls like prisons.

Did you SIIHV?

kylephilly
Pooh-Bah

#10747474 - 06/11/07 02:29 PM

Quote:

Soon my young friend, you will be so pissed that you keep ending up in the friend zone that you will truly not care about pussy anymore and you'll start treating girls like [censored].

When that happens, their tiny woman brains will say "<GASP>, he treats me like [censored]! But I'm the hottest thing on 2 legs? WTF? That ass! I'm gonna make it my mission in life to wrap this [censored] around my little finger! That'll teach him to treat ME like [censored]!!!!"

This is so true

PITTM
You're the only person on the site whose presence annoys me. Stay out of this forum. If you post...

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Suiteness]
      #10747480 - 06/11/07 02:30 PM

Quote:

think of girls like prisons.

petition for GA to have a weekly bbv4l advice thread.

Georgia Avenue
BBV Film Director

#10747523 - 06/11/07 02:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

think of girls like prisons.

petition for GA to have a weekly bbv4l advice thread.

that's silly, but why don't we have an official thread for girlament beat/brags so not to clutter the forum with ootism?

sethypooh21
idiotplayer

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: World Series GOGOGOGO
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Gildwulf]
      #10747592 - 06/11/07 02:38 PM

Goofy,

It's all about game selection - your style is much better for slightly more mature (~25+) women. With college girls, it's drunkenly make-out first, then start dating. (Obviously, this doesn't hold true in every case, but as a general rule, it's true.) A 19yo sees the story you're telling and says "tl;dr".

The good news is, once you get into the "real world" your Fu will be quite strong, so you have that going for you, which is nice.

Edit: I'm disturbed that my advice is the same as lost soul's...maybe I should be encouraged?

Edited by sethypooh21 (06/11/07 02:42 PM)

bmwguy525
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/26/07
Loc: Santa Barbara / On a mission t...
      #10747617 - 06/11/07 02:40 PM

I read about halfway through that story before I realized that either:

A) She definitely didn't want it to be a date or

B) If she was one of those retarded girls that is a PITA I woulda left her at her apartment when she went back to get socks.

Considering this is a goofyballa story, I'm assuming he freaked her out and it was option A. Without reading the rest of the story, I'm also assuming that he wasn't able to capitalize, and he probably got rejected if he tried to kiss her.

GG goofy

kkcountry
BBV MS Paint Rapid Response Squad

Reged: 06/28/06
Loc: selling my location, pm 4 deta...
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: bmwguy525]
      #10747635 - 06/11/07 02:42 PM

Quote:

B) If she was one of those retarded girls that is a PITA I woulda left her at her apartment when she went back to get socks.

that would have been awesome

bmwguy525
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: kkcountry]
      #10747666 - 06/11/07 02:44 PM

There has been one time that a chick has done that to me. "Well I wanna pay. I don't let guys pay. I need this. I wanna go back and get that." I ended up finishing up the date and refused to talk to her since then, despite her blowing up my phone for days afterwards with text messages and calls asking why I ****ed her and didn't talk to her again.

From that point on I vowed that if I ever ran into this again I would just leave them stranded at some point on the date.

prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10747692 - 06/11/07 02:46 PM

did she pay for her share of taco bell?

bmwguy525
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10747705 - 06/11/07 02:47 PM

Quote:

did she pay for her share of taco bell?

Hell no. You think a chick would let me nail her if I didn't pay for her heavenly Taco Bell?

HorridSludgyBits

Reged: 02/22/07
      #10747762 - 06/11/07 02:52 PM

Quote:

...think of girls like prisons. You need to shank a mthrfker in the shower on day one to show them you are loco.

This is pure gold. I lol'ed

EricW
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: HorridSludgyBits]
      #10750981 - 06/11/07 07:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

...think of girls like prisons. You need to shank a mthrfker in the shower on day one to show them you are loco.

This is pure gold. I lol'ed

DeezNuts
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 09/04/02
Loc: Right Behind You
      #10751536 - 06/11/07 07:50 PM

goofy, you are one of my favorite posters.

especially since i have no idea where that Brian guy went.

EricW
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: DeezNuts]
      #10752869 - 06/11/07 09:43 PM

goofy,

update on situation with girl plz. Plz tell me you didn't study with her.

goofyballer
Emo Communist

#10755307 - 06/12/07 01:32 AM

This is going to be extremely painful for all involved...just blame Eric, he asked for the update.

After coming home and writing the OP on Saturday night, I got the brilliant idea to write her a letter telling her why the stuff she said on the pier as wrong and she should make out with me, because when girls don't like me my first instinct is naturally to write things to them explaining why they should. So, I drafted this up on the computer:

Hot bio chick -

I tend to be better at expressing my feelings & thoughts through writing than on the spot during conversation, so here goes.

One of the fears you expressed is that our friendship would be ruined if we kissed; yet, introducing feelings like this into a friendship is going to change things regardless of how much you may want them to stay the same. I can't look at you without thinking about kissing you; can we really pretend that isn't there? I love the way it felt when our eyes met across the table countless times in lab, and how just through this look you could convey the mounds of frustration that room caused you along with the smallest and most beautiful hint of grace that you had someone to share it with. I can't and won't pretend the spark in your eyes doesn't bring a smile to my face when our gazes meet.

You also seemed worried that if we kissed, it would somehow compromise the relationship you have with your summer boyfriend; if that's the case, then what about the feelings we already share? If you really don't feel anything for me romantically then that's one thing, and I understand; but, it doesn't seem to me like that's the case. If you're worried that adjusting to your summer life at home is going to be difficult as a result of kissing me, how will avoiding this kiss without addressing those feelings inside fix the problem?

Plus, I come with references lauding my talent at kissing; though I admit to being a bit rusty at the art, I strongly believe that only a night or so's worth of practice would return me to the top of my game. Your assistance in this area would be greatly compensated as you reap the rewards of enjoying many passionate kisses with me, the likes of which it is quite possible you have never felt before.

We can blissfully enjoy this last week that we have together by kissing repeatedly without reservation or restraint; we can look back upon it and smile & laugh at the fleeting bond we shared. This, to me, is a far better alternative than ignoring the feelings we both know are there and awkwardly dancing around them for as long as we remain friends. I feel lucky to have met a mature, sexy, and intelligent girl like you as I finish my college career, and I can't think of a better way to spend my last week than to share my last college fling, no strings attached, with you. To say that it "isn't fair" isn't good enough. My happiness, and yours, deserve better than to be cast aside over an arbitrary judgement of what's "fair." And nothing right now could make me happier than to close my eyes and softly place my lips onto yours.

- goofyballa

Yes, I really did write that fourth paragraph. I blame alcohol.

Anyway, I called her up Sunday to be like "yo let's study" so I could give her the letter, and so about 8pm I went over to her place. She was home alone, which was good because otherwise things could get seriously awkward; we started chatting, she got up to do something, I busted out the letter and when she came back I handed it to her saying "oh, here are those notes from the day of class you missed," and she looked at it and saw that it was a letter and started chuckling. She said "am I supposed to read this now?" and I said "sure" so she started reading. She was smiling most of the way through, made little comments at certain things (at one point she said "you're very poetic"), and finally finished and put it down and said "you're putting me in a really hard spot here" while smiling at me.

I was hoping it was a "hard spot" as in "goofy, I'm really trying to respect this guy back home but you're making it soooooo hard by being such a charming goofy baller" and thus leading into a heavy makeout session, but it was more like "you're putting me in a hard spot because I don't want to hurt your feelings." We had another really long talk about all of our feelings, and she tried to explain where she was coming from and got frustrated because it didn't make a lot of sense, but the gist of it I got was that she was actually digging this guy back home pretty hard and she didn't have the ability to have feelings for anyone else right now. She clarified a lot of things I was confused about, for example:

- When she invited me over Weds night while I was drunk to work on the lab report, she really did just want to work on the lab report. She said she has lots of friends that are guys, and in some ways she acts like a guy, and so when she was like "hey I'm working on the lab report, come over" there was really nothing more to it than that. Furthermore, she said she flat-out doesn't hook up with guys, so there's no way she'd make out with me if I wasn't dating her. Interestingly, when I ran that by GA, he said "she's lying, if not to you then to herself."

- She said that to her, dating is a really casual thing, and she thinks going on a date can just be having a really good time and enjoying somebody's company without things having to get romantic. She said we had this conversation on Wednesday night when I was drunk; I have no recollection of it (although I remember most everything else).

- She asid she was trying not to lead me on, and even asked what she could have done differently to keep me from getting the wrong idea; I really didn't have a good answer. I mean, she can't just be like "look goofy, you're a cool guy and I like you, but not in that way" in the middle of our date because then she comes off as conceited...I dunno, do you guys have a good answer for this?

But yeah, I ended up sticking around until about 12:30am (for our 7am final), during which time we got absolutely no studying done. We just wound up talking about a lot of stuff, getting to know each other better...we had a lot of really good conversation and I feel like we're a lot closer now having been able to get all this out in the open and move past it. I feel like there's a really solid trust between us now and if I can get over my feelings for her (which was made a lot harder when she showed me pictures of herself topless with the good parts covered though, but damn she is so hot) then we could be really close friends, which I guess isn't all bad.

Brag: I think I did pretty well on the final this morning, on just 2.5 hrs of sleep. Also, we made a bet in class last week; our teacher was going over something from Nature magazine, and she was like "shh I need to write this down it's gonna be on the final" and I was like "lol no it isn't" and she's like "yes it is" and I was like "wanna bet?" so we bet a sushi dinner on it. Obviously I won, because I am all-knowing; that [censored] was nowhere near the final. Owned.

Oh, and after reading the 4th paragraph she said one of the things she had noticed about me early on is that I have nice lips. I think this means I was supposed to make out with her a long time ago. Oops.

BEP
Inside?

Reged: 10/27/03
Loc: Folsom
      #10755577 - 06/12/07 02:01 AM

Quote:

kissed

Quote:

kissing you

Quote:

if we kissed

Quote:

of kissing me

Quote:

avoiding this kiss

Quote:

talent at kissing

Quote:

passionate kisses

Quote:

kissing repeatedly

Quote:

softly place my lips

Goofy. I vomited in my mouth a little bit when I read your letter. Remember that you were standing on a pier by the ocean and this girl turned away from you and said "Don't kiss me."

A girl that likes you will never ever do this.

It's so cliche to quote that whole "40 Year Old Virgin" spiel about putting the "pussy on the pedestool," but that's essentially what you do every time you are attracted to a girl.

You're a nice and sentimental guy. You meet a girl and you like her. When you wake up in the morning, you lay in bed and think about her for a few minutes. When you're taking a [censored] you think about what to say to her the next time you see her. Before you fall asleep at night you imagine an entire relationship with her... you imagine falling in love with her.

But you don't know this girl. In your mind you've created this idea that she's the perfect girl and you haven't even dated her... you haven't met her crack-head father, you haven't heard that scary moo-ing sound she makes when you bang her, and you haven't smelled the bathroom after she's taken a dump in it.

Stop doing this Goofy. Sometimes it sucks, but you have to play the games before you can get close to these girls. You have to play the indifference card, you have to perfect the push-pull call/text/email/ignore game. Make these girls want you before you've even decided whether or not you like them.

Ehh... I could go on for days. And regardless, the best advice in this thread so far has been to just get drunk and start making out with girls.

EricW
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10755598 - 06/12/07 02:04 AM

DAMMIT MAN I WAS ONLY JOKING ABOUT SHOWING UP AT HER PLACE UNANNOUNCED AND GIVING HER A BUNCH OF ROSES AND CHOCOLATES; IN FACT, WHAT YOU DID HERE WAS WAY WORSE!111!!111

Man, come on please stop torturing yourself. And wtf? She showed you pics of her topless while she knows you're pretty much in love with her and also knowing that she'll never fool around with you? This bitch is evil and she's just using you for her self confidence at this point. PLEASE ABORT ABORT ABORT!11

Dan87
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/15/06
Loc: BC, Canada
      #10755666 - 06/12/07 02:11 AM

did you stare at her intently while she read that novel you gave her?

Lurker.
Lurker for GBBV Mod

#10755668 - 06/12/07 02:11 AM

you care too much dude. girls are stupid, ditch her.

Lurker.
Lurker for GBBV Mod

#10755670 - 06/12/07 02:12 AM

oh, and post those pics LDO

boomshakalaka

Reged: 07/01/06
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: BEP]
      #10755693 - 06/12/07 02:14 AM

holy [censored], this is all a big level right? I mean, really, this cant be real can it? I couldnt even finish reading the letter because it made me feel awkward and uncomfortable...

chadmack
old hand

Reged: 02/03/07
Loc: at the dog track lolz
      #10755723 - 06/12/07 02:17 AM

Quote:

Welcome to the friend zone...

You're way too nice, girls like a guy with more edge. There was no challenge at all for this girl, sorry to say you're too nice.

qft

EricW
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10755763 - 06/12/07 02:20 AM

Oh lurker, hi.

I heard from a little bird that you wanted to exchange IMs so we can facilitate what we have going on right now... You see I really want to but I'm scared; I'm scared to take it to the next level; I'm scared that you won't like me after we take the plunge...

goofyballer
Emo Communist

#10755799 - 06/12/07 02:23 AM

I would like to point out that if this thread accomplished nothing else, at the very least we got EricW to make what appeared to be a serious post without the gay persona surrounding it.

And yes, I agree that I almost rather would not have seen those pics for that same reason.

boomshakalaka

#10755814 - 06/12/07 02:25 AM

goofy and eric are the two gimmick accounts with the highest post counts?

bmwguy525
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: boomshakalaka]
      #10755826 - 06/12/07 02:26 AM

Quote:

holy [censored], this is all a big level right? I mean, really, this cant be real can it? I couldnt even finish reading the letter because it made me feel awkward and uncomfortable...

Same

feeling

here

what a creeeeeeeeeeeee e e e e e eeeeeeeeeep

mpethybridge
addict

Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Virginia Beach, Virginia
      #10755829 - 06/12/07 02:26 AM

Quote:

DAMMIT MAN I WAS ONLY JOKING ABOUT SHOWING UP AT HER PLACE UNANNOUNCED AND GIVING HER A BUNCH OF ROSES AND CHOCOLATES; IN FACT, WHAT YOU DID HERE WAS WAY WORSE!111!!111

Man, come on please stop torturing yourself. And wtf? She showed you pics of her topless while she knows you're pretty much in love with her and also knowing that she'll never fool around with you? This bitch is evil and she's just using you for her self confidence at this point. PLEASE ABORT ABORT ABORT!11

Best EricW post evah!!!
NH

goofyballer
Emo Communist

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: boomshakalaka]
      #10755851 - 06/12/07 02:29 AM

Quote:

goofy and eric are the two gimmick accounts with the highest post counts?

How dare you say that about me? I play poker bitch.

bluey
old hand

Reged: 03/25/06
      #10755864 - 06/12/07 02:30 AM

who gives a [censored] about kissing? you want to [censored] her not kiss her. write that in your damn letter.

boomshakalaka

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: bluey]
      #10755891 - 06/12/07 02:33 AM

I like your graph, Ill make out with you if you want.

holyfield5
Pooh-Bah

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: bluey]
      #10755957 - 06/12/07 02:42 AM

MY GOD, i seriously cannot believe you wrote that [censored] letter. Have some diginity dude, i like you but be a [censored] man jesus. She now has the fact that your a bitch in writing. And you got NOTHING you wanted out the relationship and you are still giving her all she wants. You might as well be gay and go shopping with her and gush about cute boys while drinking wine coolers in your jammies.

So pathetic, hate to sound harsh but im disgusted by the latest development. i hate emos. This is not a romance novel, this is real life.

Vehn
bot

Reged: 09/02/02
Loc: Minneapolis, MN
      #10755982 - 06/12/07 02:47 AM

kleajsfa;leksjfpaeosjfasodijflxkjfzjfepoghiaposejfaopsejfaposejfpasojefoasijfl,fjclkfjdpoe

amazingly not only did you write this, but then decided it was a good idea to give it to her the next day.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lurker.
Lurker for GBBV Mod

#10755989 - 06/12/07 02:48 AM

i dont understand. it's college...there are hundreds of sloots around. why do you keep chasing a relationship?

KidNotor
journeyman

Reged: 12/06/04
Loc: MN
      #10756002 - 06/12/07 02:50 AM

But I'm a creep,
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doin' here?
I don't belong here

I don't care if it hurts,
I wanna have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul

I want you to notice
when I'm not around
You're so [censored]' special
I wish I was special

findingneema
addict

#10756017 - 06/12/07 02:53 AM

Damn, that letter, wow. So junior high. In the future, once a girl is like "Don't kiss me," dear god don't try and reason with her to change her mind. If you want to give it one more try, just get drunk with her and make your move.

jonyy6788
banned

Reged: 07/27/06
Loc: ON AIM
      #10756045 - 06/12/07 02:59 AM

if this letter was sarcastic burn on the bitch, then it's fine. if it wasn't, I fear for you!

Lurker.
Lurker for GBBV Mod

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: jonyy6788]
      #10756073 - 06/12/07 03:04 AM

wow. huge beat goofy.

EricW was talking to me on msn, and he says the following:

"man that goofy is so [censored] bad with chicks. like i'm bad but he's just terrible!"

snagglepuss
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10756234 - 06/12/07 03:29 AM

Quote:

After coming home and writing the OP on Saturday night, I got the brilliant idea to write her a letter telling her why the stuff she said on the pier as wrong and she should make out with me,

Quote:

I tend to be better at expressing my feelings & thoughts through writing than on the spot during conversation, so here goes.

Quote:

One of the fears you expressed is that our friendship would be ruined if we kissed; yet, introducing feelings like this into a friendship is going to change things regardless of how much you may want them to stay the same. I can't look at you without thinking about kissing you; can we really pretend that isn't there? I love the way it felt when our eyes met across the table countless times in lab, and how just through this look you could convey the mounds of frustration that room caused you along with the smallest and most beautiful hint of grace that you had someone to share it with. I can't and won't pretend the spark in your eyes doesn't bring a smile to my face when our gazes meet.

Quote:

You also seemed worried that if we kissed, it would somehow compromise the relationship you have with your summer boyfriend; if that's the case, then what about the feelings we already share? If you really don't feel anything for me romantically then that's one thing, and I understand; but, it doesn't seem to me like that's the case. If you're worried that adjusting to your summer life at home is going to be difficult as a result of kissing me, how will avoiding this kiss without addressing those feelings inside fix the problem?

Quote:

Plus, I come with references lauding my talent at kissing; though I admit to being a bit rusty at the art, I strongly believe that only a night or so's worth of practice would return me to the top of my game. Your assistance in this area would be greatly compensated as you reap the rewards of enjoying many passionate kisses with me, the likes of which it is quite possible you have never felt before.

Quote:

We can blissfully enjoy this last week that we have together by kissing repeatedly without reservation or restraint; we can look back upon it and smile & laugh at the fleeting bond we shared. This, to me, is a far better alternative than ignoring the feelings we both know are there and awkwardly dancing around them for as long as we remain friends. I feel lucky to have met a mature, sexy, and intelligent girl like you as I finish my college career, and I can't think of a better way to spend my last week than to share my last college fling, no strings attached, with you. To say that it "isn't fair" isn't good enough. My happiness, and yours, deserve better than to be cast aside over an arbitrary judgement of what's "fair." And nothing right now could make me happier than to close my eyes and softly place my lips onto yours.

- goofyballa

goofyballer
Emo Communist

#10756313 - 06/12/07 03:39 AM

I blame you, chuddo. You had the chance to fix this with your Myspace thread.

EricW
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10756328 - 06/12/07 03:42 AM

I'm wondering what would happen if goofy, dids, and I went clubbing together as a trio.

snagglepuss
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10756331 - 06/12/07 03:43 AM

im sorry goofyb :/

ill help you kidnap kiera knightley though

Claunchy
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/22/05
Loc: smart HAG
      #10756346 - 06/12/07 03:46 AM

LOL @ Chuddo.

I cringed at like every other word in that letter. Goofy, stop being so damn melodramatic and sappy. Next girl that comes along, just make your intentions clear from the start. If she's not receptive, move the [censored] on.

samsonh
addict

Reged: 12/02/05
      #10756354 - 06/12/07 03:46 AM

wtf is wrong with you. This is so depressing that someone can have such little self confidence. My God. Just go make out with some random girl. Just do it. This is so awful.

findingneema
addict

#10756375 - 06/12/07 03:49 AM

Quote:

I'm wondering what would happen if goofy, dids, and I went clubbing together as a trio.

Dids would hit it with fat chick, goofy would get emo after getting rejected for a dance, and ericw would try and comfort goofy hoping to turn him teh ghey.

bigbabyjesus
Guitar Zero

Reged: 06/10/07
Loc: was billyjex
      #10756683 - 06/12/07 04:33 AM

That letter is one of the most digusting things I've ever seen.

nation
Indian Nightmare

Reged: 12/10/05
Loc: actually grinding now
      #10756698 - 06/12/07 04:35 AM

omfg goofy what were you thinking?

i can't remember the last time reading anything made me THAT uncomfortable.

Wretchy
banned

Reged: 05/30/07
Loc: Winning online tourneys. Look ...
      #10756738 - 06/12/07 04:41 AM

Roger Mainfield
addict

Reged: 05/25/06
Loc: Thailand
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: nation]
      #10756850 - 06/12/07 04:58 AM

Ya I was squirming, I get drunk and write stupid [censored] to girls. But in the morning I'm like WTF?!?!?! And delete it or what not. I am a mile away from having the balls to sit there whilst she reads that letter in front of me. In fact, it would probably be the most awckard moment of my life.

Girls really don't even respect this either, they want to be treated like objects, it is built in that they want to try and "earn" you too. Some kinds of girls might LOVE a letter like that, but it's clear that your girl woudln't be interested at all.

TBH you should go to a club, be baller, and shag a random girl, and then repeat and repeat etc... After a few girls you will start feeling a lot better about yourself, and have more confidence. If you can convey that you are sexually interested in a girl through body language, it is 1000000X as effective as that letter. And hopefully mistakes like this won't occur.

felix83
addict

Reged: 05/13/05
Loc: London, Ontario
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Roger Mainfield]
      #10757633 - 06/12/07 07:46 AM

i've made terrible mistakes like this before. maybe not quite as bad but i've had similar conversations, and they never ever ever ever ever lead to anything other than talking for 5 hours about [censored]. You will never get into a college girl's pants after a conversation like this, guaranteed.

Mr. Philosophy

#10758073 - 06/12/07 09:08 AM

GB,

Next time you want to hook-up with a girl, do the exact opposite of what you did with this chick.

Georgia Avenue
BBV Film Director

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: felix83]
      #10758080 - 06/12/07 09:09 AM

Yeah, despite how gross this is, I've totally been there before...a bit younger than goofy but yeah, being young and romantic makes you do things like this. It's all about self-indentification. We see ourselves as "the kind of guy who..." ya know what I'm sayin?

"I'm not the kind of guy who can just go up to a chick and start talking" so we dont.

"I'm not the kind of guy who can just kiss a girl like a blitkrieg dive-bomber" etc.

So we start thinking of ourselves as good guys, and any kind of selfish behavior as sleazy. And maybe it is sleazy, and manipulative, to try and get a girl to kiss you if she doesn't really really want to. And maybe, if you sit around and write gay notes long enough, you'll luckbox into a girl who's aggressive enough to just plant one on you first...but the chances of her being some psycho-bitch who just wants you because you seem easy to dominate are high...and then you end up getting married and wasting 10 years of yr life HACHACKAKKAKCAKAhKC*AHCthppt TILT.

Anyway. You need to change the way you see yourself dude. You don't have to be some fake PUA a-hole, but you CAN be a guy who can read the signs of what a chick wants you to do to get her into the sack...the first step is to start taking advice from people who have been there and stop following your fishy, misguided instincts.

--GA

prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10758140 - 06/12/07 09:16 AM

You really wrote her that letter? HAHAHAHAH

You and Kolo should hook up, that was intensely gay. I do think that got you out of the friend zone.. but it moved you into the creeepy emo gay friend zone.

Vavavoom
Photobucket Voyeur Extraordinaire

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: Hottest Male Competitions
      #10758178 - 06/12/07 09:20 AM

Snaggle > Thread !

Goofy....Please don't do the letter stunt again....!

Move onwards and upwards ....

KitCloudkicker
I <3 My Papa Bear

Loc: Nittiest LAG Ever
      #10758214 - 06/12/07 09:24 AM

i wrote a letter like that in high school once

never spoke to the chick again lol

prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: KitCloudkicker]
      #10758223 - 06/12/07 09:25 AM

I'm sure she will be thinking of that letter over the summer while she's being pounded in the ass by a real man.

Triumph36
Good Citizen

#10758225 - 06/12/07 09:26 AM

goofy -

you've been seemingly unable to take advice at all on this situation. i don't blame you for not wanting to take advice, however just about everything you've done in this spot is wrong, and you've been told by other people that it's wrong before doing it. for example, i told you not to write and send her a letter, and you did it anyway. she's 18 for god's sake - she doesn't want a man out of a Jane Austen novel.

anyway GA speaks so much truth here it's almost unfair. you need to think like george costanza - every instinct you have is wrong, and you should do the opposite. quit watching romantic comedies and start watching something like old school for how you should be getting laid.

prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Triumph36]
      #10758253 - 06/12/07 09:29 AM

maybe he had a read?

kylephilly
Pooh-Bah

#10758453 - 06/12/07 09:58 AM

DUDE.

GET A SET.

That letter is so 8th grade.

Chaos_ult
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 12/18/03
Loc: Non Serviam
      #10758537 - 06/12/07 10:08 AM

Bitches are so -ev.

Better luck next time Goofy

*hug*

KitCloudkicker
I <3 My Papa Bear

Loc: Nittiest LAG Ever
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Chaos_ult]
      #10758663 - 06/12/07 10:21 AM

She's like the wind through my tree
She rides the night next to me
She leads me through moonlight
Only to burn me with the sun
She's taken my heart
But she doesn't know what she's done

Feel her breath on my face
Her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes
She's out of my league
Just a fool to believe
I have anything she needs
She's like the wind

(SOLO)

I look in the mirror and all I see
Is a young old man with only a dream
Am I just fooling myself
That she'll stop the pain
Living without her
I'd go insane

Feel her breath on my face
Her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes
She's out of my league
Just a fool to believe
I have anything she needs
She's like the wind

Feel your breath on my face
Your body close to me
Can't look in your eyes
You're out of my league
Just a fool to believe
(Just a fool to believe)
She's like the wind

Edited by KitCloudkicker (06/12/07 10:22 AM)

Holybull
addict

Reged: 12/03/02
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: KitCloudkicker]
      #10758685 - 06/12/07 10:23 AM

This situation calls for a trainwreck.

Georgia Avenue
BBV Film Director

#10758847 - 06/12/07 10:42 AM

Quote:

I'm sure she will be thinking of that letter over the summer while she's being pounded in the ass by a real man.

This is a good point. BTW if chick ever finds this thread and reads it, I'd like to offer my services.

Hello girl,
Unlike most of the guys your age, I have no interest in marrying you or writing you notes or listening to your interests. My hobbies include: bands you've never heard of, movies you've never seen, places you've never been, and depths of debauchery and violence of which you've only heard vague rumors. You will laugh at my jokes, even though you only comprehend half of them, because the half you understand seem to be mocking you gently. We will have sex on the first date, because you know that if you don稚, I知 never calling you again. If you call me at 3am to come over, I知 bringing a bottle of wine, and I値l be drinking it out of your bellybutton within 10 minutes. PM for more details.

--GA

HesseJam
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 09/28/04
Loc: Waving @ Ceiling Cat
      #10758873 - 06/12/07 10:44 AM

OK, your game on the date was not AAA+ but still above average. You are just not the right type of guy for her. She also doesn't seem to be the right type of girl for you either. In that sense, she seems smarter than you.

The letter: That's ok! I know how you felt. You got carried away... But no damage done! She will never be your girl anyways. Please, print out the letter and read it again in, say, 10 days? Blood of shame will rush to your head and you will never engage in such foolery again.

lostsoul
addict

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Holybull]
      #10758944 - 06/12/07 10:51 AM

Goofy, there was alot of good advice in this thread and other threads before this one. U haven't changed at all in any of them. U still think u know what it takes to get with women. If u knew what it took or how to do it u would of never had to make these threads, so I am pretty sure, and actually very sure after reading them that u have no clue.

If u ask for adivce actually take it. For your sake. I have enjoyed watching u fall on your face a few times now, but for your sake learn from some of the guys on here.

1) NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER EVER WRITE A LETTER AGAIN.
2) see number 1
3) Stop putting the pussy on a pedestal. Its just pussy.
4)Relax, when u get the urge to do something. Do the opposite.
5) Don't show off for young girls. Make fun of them, get them drunk, have sex. It really is that simple.
6)Go to parties and meet girls there.
7)Never spill your guts out like that again. U stop that in 10th grade and shouldn't start that up again until u are married.

Alot of this adivice was taken from the other posters. Numerous posters have given this advice. It is really simple u are trying way to hard to get your dick wet. U are in college stop trying to just kiss girls. That is only the beginning. Kissing should be done and u should already be thinking about [censored] her by the time u touch her lips.

DING-DONG YO
Teh mfing DANG-dong

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Holybull]
      #10758966 - 06/12/07 10:53 AM

goofy, girls do not like emo guys, period.

Only exception is if you're in a band.

Isura
Anonymous Hopeful

#10759056 - 06/12/07 11:01 AM

Quote:

maybe he had a read?

donkeys have reads too

Isura
Anonymous Hopeful

#10759061 - 06/12/07 11:02 AM

READ THIS GOOFY: There is no other guy. She, like most women would rather lie than feel awkward or risk hurting your feelings.

Mr. Philosophy

#10759238 - 06/12/07 11:21 AM

Quote:

READ THIS GOOFY: There is no other guy. She, like most women would rather lie than feel awkward or risk hurting your feelings.

Even if there is a guy, Goofy still could have gotten with this girl if he didn't act emo.

Triumph36
Good Citizen

#10759271 - 06/12/07 11:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

This is a good point. BTW if chick ever finds this thread and reads it, I'd like to offer my services.

Hello girl,
Unlike most of the guys your age, I have no interest in marrying you or writing you notes or listening to your interests. My hobbies include: bands you've never heard of, movies you've never seen, places you've never been, and depths of debauchery and violence of which you've only heard vague rumors. You will laugh at my jokes, even though you only comprehend half of them, because the half you understand seem to be mocking you gently. We will have sex on the first date, because you know that if you don稚, I知 never calling you again. If you call me at 3am to come over, I知 bringing a bottle of wine, and I値l be drinking it out of your bellybutton within 10 minutes. PM for more details.

--GA

lolol - this deserves its own thread

anyway i do believe there might be another guy, but it's probably all in this girl's head since girls are crazy ldo. goofy, regardless, i think part of you enjoys being rejected and writing emo letters - apprehension can often be better than realization.

prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10759513 - 06/12/07 11:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hello girl,
Unlike most of the guys your age, I have no interest in marrying you or writing you notes or listening to your interests. My hobbies include: bands you've never heard of, movies you've never seen, places you've never been, and depths of debauchery and violence of which you've only heard vague rumors. You will laugh at my jokes, even though you only comprehend half of them, because the half you understand seem to be mocking you gently. We will have sex on the first date, because you know that if you don&#8217;t, I&#8217;m never calling you again. If you call me at 3am to come over, I&#8217;m bringing a bottle of wine, and I&#8217;ll be drinking it out of your bellybutton within 10 minutes. PM for more details.

--GA

That is great.. I agree with most of it too since I will be 31 next week. I won't even consider "dating" a girl under 22 now because they are all [censored] retards. [censored], sure.. dating no.

kylephilly
Pooh-Bah

#10759597 - 06/12/07 11:55 AM

There is no other guy. She most likely isn't attracted to you.

Hit the gym ,get some self confidence, stop trying to find love, love finds you. Go out and experience all the girls you can while you are young.

Stop putting feelings in words, it's lame. Do it when you're married not when you're in college.

DING-DONG YO
Teh mfing DANG-dong

#10759657 - 06/12/07 12:00 PM

Goofy, when I was a young buck I did the exact same thing. I had no problem banging fatties and a rare hotty, but I fell into the friend zone for the most part.

Then I realized that it wasn't that the girls I liked didn't like me and vice versa, it was that I was treating the girls I liked very differently from the ones I didn't.

I treated the ones I didn't like like [censored] and they kept coming back for more. I fell into the friend zone with the ones I did like cause I was emo.

Learn to treat them all like [censored].

Anyway, all the advice you will ever need is in this thread already, so GL. The hard part is actually following that advice.

jonyy6788
banned

Reged: 07/27/06
Loc: ON AIM
      #10759678 - 06/12/07 12:02 PM

Quote:

GB,

Next time you want to hook-up with a girl, do the exact opposite of what you did with this chick.

Georgia Avenue
BBV Film Director

#10759771 - 06/12/07 12:09 PM

PS I'm still taking action that I can get goofy laid (consensually and no paying) while I'm in Vegas. 300 max bet.

Takers?

--GA

delta k
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/19/05
Loc: you know who
      #10759792 - 06/12/07 12:11 PM

JUST SHOW HER THE GRAPH OF WINNING SO MUCH MONIES THIS YEAR- YOU SHOW IT TO US THREE TIMES A WEEK AND EACH TIME WE ARE LIKE 'WOW, IS THAT ALL?'

OH WAIT, NEVERMIND...WHAT I MEANT TO SAY IS THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN THAT LETTER IS SHOWING HER YOUR GRAPH AND FEELING LIKE A BALLER

holyfield5
Pooh-Bah

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: delta k]
      #10759848 - 06/12/07 12:19 PM

Quote:

JUST SHOW HER THE GRAPH OF WINNING SO MUCH MONIES THIS YEAR- YOU SHOW IT TO US THREE TIMES A WEEK AND EACH TIME WE ARE LIKE 'WOW, IS THAT ALL?'

OH WAIT, NEVERMIND...WHAT I MEANT TO SAY IS THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN THAT LETTER IS SHOWING HER YOUR GRAPH AND FEELING LIKE A BALLER

Yea maybe i could sustain such a winrate if i played 5 hand a day

MasterLJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: PARTY PRIME!!!!!!
      #10760044 - 06/12/07 12:33 PM

Quote:

Goofy, when I was a young buck I did the exact same thing. I had no problem banging fatties and a rare hotty, but I fell into the friend zone for the most part.

Then I realized that it wasn't that the girls I liked didn't like me and vice versa, it was that I was treating the girls I liked very differently from the ones I didn't.

I treated the ones I didn't like like [censored] and they kept coming back for more. I fell into the friend zone with the ones I did like cause I was emo.

Learn to treat them all like [censored].

Anyway, all the advice you will ever need is in this thread already, so GL. The hard part is actually following that advice.

This is seriously the key.

I was talking to Kolo about this, and I certainly empathize with Goofy.

My best friend is in a band that was signed and toured nationally. He's in a new band that is probably going to get picked up (even better deal, and this band is actually good) in the next few months. I taught that kid everything he knew about chicks back when he was an awkward teenager. Now, it's not close. He teaches me things about chicks every time we hang out. Bottom line, the average chick is stupid and loses all sense of self when she meets a rebellious young guy that treats them like crap. My friend puts forth 0 effort. On multiple occassions he has said, "hey, I'm going to 2-pump ya..." and proceeds to do so only to have the stupid girl call him back the next day.

A few weeks ago, this dumb girl ("Mary") was at his practice spot hanging out as she does on an almost daily basis for many months. He works late. He goes to sleep. He awakens, there she is playing PS2. He gets his skeev on, convinces her to give head with the promise of "anything she wants afterwards." She obliges. As she goes to her car to grab a condom, he throws her stuff in the hallway, locks the room and runs to his truck. She catches him and slaps him because the automatic gate wouldn't open fast enough. 4 days later she calls him, "Hey... wassup... what are you doing?" Although he had avoided it for months, 2 weeks later he nails her.

Aside from telling some BBV4Life stories, there is a point. Chicks are dumb. I'd wager that 95% of the 20-something girls out there are just like "Mary". They don't want flowers and chocolate, they want mysoginist [censored] who abuse them just like their daddy did.

To put on my serious face, you have to ask yourself is it worth compromising yourself to hook up with these girls. Personally, I came to the conclusion that it isn't worth it.

Georgia Avenue
BBV Film Director

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: MasterLJ]
      #10760122 - 06/12/07 12:38 PM

Yeah, that's bad advice for someone like goofy. Now he's thinking "I don't want a girl like that, I want a nice girl. To get a nice girl you have to be nice. Plus I'm not a douchebag, so screw that I'll just be me..."

And he's right. But you can be NICE and not a total PUSSY. There's nothing mean about being forward and decisive and on top of things and taking charge. That works on all girls, even the masochistic ones. Goofy doesnt need to become some dick PUA, he just needs to stop f--king around.

--GA

MasterLJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: PARTY PRIME!!!!!!
      #10760148 - 06/12/07 12:40 PM

I didn't administer advice for the record =).

It's something he has to decide on. Seems he's frustrated about women and has been for a while and has to decide what measures he would be willing to take to remedy the problem.

sethypooh21
idiotplayer

#10760168 - 06/12/07 12:42 PM

Quote:

TR and pics or ban.

Goofy, I'm not nearly the caveman that many are on this forum, but sir, you are very close to getting your man card pulled for that letter. It's like you gave her dick in a box, except it was balls in a jar.

lostsoul
addict

#10760181 - 06/12/07 12:43 PM

GA I don't doubt for a single sec u could get him laid. I know a few of the guys on here could. It would be hard as hell though to get him to listen to everythign u tell him to do, and him actually do it. Halfway through it he would think she really wants to hear how he really feels, and if she would just let him in he would show how she should really be treated.

delta k
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/19/05
Loc: you know who
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: sethypooh21]
      #10760265 - 06/12/07 12:50 PM

Quote:

It's like you gave her dick in a box, except it was balls in a jar.

A+, if it's original.

Mr. Philosophy

#10760439 - 06/12/07 01:06 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that's bad advice for someone like goofy. Now he's thinking "I don't want a girl like that, I want a nice girl. To get a nice girl you have to be nice. Plus I'm not a douchebag, so screw that I'll just be me..."

And he's right. But you can be NICE and not a total PUSSY. There's nothing mean about being forward and decisive and on top of things and taking charge. That works on all girls, even the masochistic ones. Goofy doesnt need to become some dick PUA, he just needs to stop f--king around.

--GA

Best advice on this thread so far. You don't need to treat a girl like crap so she will fall for you, but you do need to act like a man.

kolotoure
Mr Congeniality

#10760617 - 06/12/07 01:18 PM

Goofy deserves to have his man card revoked

4_2_itModerator
Donktastic

Reged: 07/12/05
Loc: Trying to be the shepherd
      #10760798 - 06/12/07 01:29 PM

Quote:

Why are you guys assuming he ever got one issued in the first place?

The Vegas plan is utterly diabolical in its simplicity: Alcohol.

prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: 4_2_it]
      #10760825 - 06/12/07 01:31 PM

us older guys know all the tricks lol

kolotoure
Mr Congeniality

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: 4_2_it]
      #10760850 - 06/12/07 01:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Why are you guys assuming he ever got one issued in the first place?

The Vegas plan is utterly diabolical in its simplicity: Alcohol.

Isn't it time for your afternoon nap?

sethypooh21
idiotplayer

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: delta k]
      #10760876 - 06/12/07 01:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's like you gave her dick in a box, except it was balls in a jar.

A+, if it's original.

So far as I know, it is.

DING-DONG YO
Teh mfing DANG-dong

#10760968 - 06/12/07 02:44 PM

Quote:

--GA

That's pretty much what I was getting at. You have to walk a line between being confident and assertive without turning into an out and out azzhole.

I was not saying turn into a super-dick PUA.

DING-DONG YO
Teh mfing DANG-dong

#10760973 - 06/12/07 02:46 PM

Quote:

us older guys know all the tricks lol

because we made all the same mistakes when we were that age.

Plus, and I hate to say this. Being older makes it easier in and of itself. Girls like older guys.

holdme
and hitme hard

Loc: 100k in 20 days
      #10760979 - 06/12/07 02:46 PM

goofy, you make kitty sad.

boomshakalaka

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: holdme]
      #10761680 - 06/12/07 04:55 PM

goofy needs a new undertitle:

Captain Save-A-Hoe

goofyballer
Emo Communist

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: lostsoul]
      #10761814 - 06/12/07 05:04 PM

Quote:

Goofy, there was alot of good advice in this thread and other threads before this one. U haven't changed at all in any of them. U still think u know what it takes to get with women.

To be fair, that last sentence isn't true whatsoever.

Claunchy
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10761838 - 06/12/07 05:06 PM

Quote:

PS I'm still taking action that I can get goofy laid (consensually and no paying) while I'm in Vegas. 300 max bet.

Takers?

--GA

How long are you going to be there? I might go 100 here, but if you have like a month to work with then probably not.

Georgia Avenue
BBV Film Director

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Claunchy]
      #10761875 - 06/12/07 05:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Takers?

--GA

How long are the both of you going to be there? I might go 100 here.

I'll be there the 3rd-8th. Goofy will be there longer.

goofyballer
Emo Communist

#10761900 - 06/12/07 05:10 PM

Quote:

goofy, regardless, i think part of you enjoys being rejected and writing emo letters - apprehension can often be better than realization.

This is probably true in some [censored] up kind of way. I don't really know how my subconcious works.

DING-DONG YO
Teh mfing DANG-dong

#10761999 - 06/12/07 05:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

goofy, regardless, i think part of you enjoys being rejected and writing emo letters - apprehension can often be better than realization.

This is probably true in some [censored] up kind of way. I don't really know how my subconcious works.

No, it's bull. You write emo letters and get rejected cause you're young and haven't learned to not give as much of a [censored].

Don't worry, eventually you'll snap. Then comes the pussy. It took me 15 months of no pussy before I finally snapped, stoped giving a [censored], then I started getting laid again.

Brag: Nailed 5 girls in 2 months after that
Beat: Last one was my wife. So I was only a pussy mach-een for 2 months.
Variance: Banged lots of fatties in the emo days.

GL Goofy. We know you can do it!!

Triumph36
Good Citizen

#10762019 - 06/12/07 05:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Takers?

--GA

How long are you going to be there? I might go 100 here, but if you have like a month to work with then probably not.

don't do it - GA will be able to hook it up, from his talk in this thread and earlier, he's like the MDMA of wingmen.

Georgia Avenue
BBV Film Director

#10762245 - 06/12/07 05:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Takers?

--GA

don't do it - GA will be able to hook it up, from his talk in this thread and earlier, he's like the MDMA of wingmen.

WTF do I come to your 12 2/4 tables and scream HES GOT A SET in the chatbox. FU nitbag stop educating the fish!

Claunchy
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10762300 - 06/12/07 05:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Takers?

--GA

How long are the both of you going to be there? I might go 100 here.

I'll be there the 3rd-8th. Goofy will be there longer.

Yeah, gimme $100 on Goofy not getting laid. No offense Goof, but +EV is +EV.

I'll be there 5th-8th, so we can probably settle in person.

Claunchy
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10762309 - 06/12/07 05:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Takers?

--GA

I have the utmost faith in GA hooking it up. However, I still think Goofy will figure out a way not to have sex.

Triumph36
Good Citizen

#10762370 - 06/12/07 05:40 PM

Quote:

I have the utmost faith in GA hooking it up. However, I still think Goofy will figure out a way not to have sex.

this is true - and fwiw I was very tempted by this bet, but talked myself out of it only because i want goofy to succeed.

also what are the terms - penetration? nutting?

Georgia Avenue
BBV Film Director

#10762480 - 06/12/07 05:48 PM

Any orgasm OK? Goofy obviously wouldnt lie about it, y'all can accept his word right?

Mr. Philosophy

#10762491 - 06/12/07 05:49 PM

GA,

Are you proposing that Goofy will get laid by some random bar chick or some girl he'll get to know better while in Vegas?

PITTM

#10762507 - 06/12/07 05:50 PM

brag: goofyballer goes to the same school as my sister and didnt sexytime her.
beat: this thread being 3 pages long.

DING-DONG YO
Teh mfing DANG-dong

#10762512 - 06/12/07 05:50 PM

Quote:

Any orgasm OK? Goofy obviously wouldnt lie about it, y'all can accept his word right?

I would say has to be oral/vaginal/anal and only real girls count. No hookers. Strippers are OK as long as they aren't paid for the actual sex.

goofyballer
Emo Communist

#10762524 - 06/12/07 05:50 PM

Quote:

brag: goofyballer goes to the same school as my sister and didnt meet her.

Given my track record, I'm sure that is the only obstacle to preventing sexytime from happening.

prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10762621 - 06/12/07 05:58 PM

is his sister a sloot?

fluffpop62
hottest chick on 2+2

Reged: 11/02/06
Loc: san diego!
      #10762633 - 06/12/07 05:58 PM

awww goofy this was a really cute thread!! i am really sorry it didnt turn out well because you sound sweet in it! here is the thing, everyone is right, freshman girls are not looking for dates, they are looking for loads of free drinks, attention, and as many boys to string along as possible.

and i think she is very very cute so you must be cute too if she woudl go out with you!!

Georgia Avenue
BBV Film Director

#10762649 - 06/12/07 06:00 PM

Mr. Phil: The bet is:
Goofy goes home with a girl and has sex with her WHILE IM IN VEGAS. If its a gf he already has or whatever, ok doesnt count. But if it's a girl he already knows but hasnt scored, and I wing him to victory, that counts. OK?

DDY: Dont forget the HJ son, thats my JAM!

prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10762662 - 06/12/07 06:01 PM

a handjob is NOT sex

DING-DONG YO
Teh mfing DANG-dong

#10762669 - 06/12/07 06:01 PM

Quote:

a handjob is NOT sex

agreed, I left it out on purpose, GA.

aside from that, I like the remaining terms.

Claunchy
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10762704 - 06/12/07 06:04 PM

Yeah I agree to all that. Basically what DDY said. Definitely no handjobs. BJ to orgasm is a win for GA.

Edited by Claunchy (06/12/07 06:06 PM)

Georgia Avenue
BBV Film Director

#10762711 - 06/12/07 06:05 PM

BS! HJs are totally sex. But whatever, I doubt it'll come down to a photo-finish.

prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10762720 - 06/12/07 06:05 PM

If your last name is clinton, oral isn't even sex.

amead
enthusiast

Reged: 05/16/05
      #10762724 - 06/12/07 06:06 PM

Oh my god.

I've never read anything like that letter before in my life.

I actually had to stop like three times because my squeamish empathy got the best of me.

Seriously though, don't do that again. You don't have to be a pimp and demean women and stuff, but when you try to kiss them and they say no, it's because they aren't attracted to you.

No amount of poetry and flowery prose can counteract that. Nice guys can make the leap, but it takes time. Not poetry or emo love letters. Ever.

Happy Birthday Dids
CARDS IS FUN

Reged: 02/01/04
Loc: 215 lbs of fatness
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: fluffpop62]
      #10762748 - 06/12/07 06:07 PM

Quote:

awww goofy this was a really cute thread!! i am really sorry it didnt turn out well because you sound sweet in it! here is the thing, everyone is right, freshman girls are not looking for dates, they are looking for loads of free drinks, attention, and as many boys to string along as possible.

and i think she is very very cute so you must be cute too if she woudl go out with you!!

Did you read the letter?

Mr. Philosophy

#10762776 - 06/12/07 06:09 PM

Quote:

Mr. Phil: The bet is:
Goofy goes home with a girl and has sex with her WHILE IM IN VEGAS. If its a gf he already has or whatever, ok doesnt count. But if it's a girl he already knows but hasnt scored, and I wing him to victory, that counts. OK?

DDY: Dont forget the HJ son, thats my JAM!

Ok just wanted to know the details. I think you'll be able to get him some. Just as long as he listens to your advice.

Mr. Philosophy

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Dids]
      #10762814 - 06/12/07 06:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Did you read the letter?

My guess is she just read the first post by him. At least that's what I hope.

Edited by Mr. Philosophy (06/12/07 06:12 PM)

prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10762831 - 06/12/07 06:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Did you read the letter?

Girls can't read.. isn't that obvious?

SomethingClever
CHUMPtown City Pwncil

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Viva Robusto! (new 11/26)
      #10764031 - 06/12/07 07:40 PM

Quote:

HOLY [censored] EMO WTF GOOFYHAYAYYAYASHSHHCHCAHCHlhc;JHCSK

YSIOPFACHGARDIAUWRTHYBONTDROSYRAFONDDYFRDWYYNLLANGOLLEN

Zagga
old hand

Reged: 02/16/07
Loc: Amsterdam
      #10764182 - 06/12/07 07:51 PM

Lol you americans have such funny dates.

Here in the civilized world we just get drunk and have sex. Oh, and we ride a BICICLY so we BOTH can get drunk.

And going out to dinner for $30?! like wtf? If it costs less then 100 it is not worth eating!

Poofler
Carpal \'Tunnel

#10764348 - 06/12/07 08:04 PM

Quote:

Yeah I agree to all that. Basically what DDY said. Definitely no handjobs. BJ to orgasm is a win for GA.

I think you're getting reamed here. I'd probably take the bet if it was just sex to win, but there are way too many anything-but-the-v girls to take this with BJ included, probably especially in Vegas. Your best shot here is probably nervous impotence or goofy jumping the gun.

naSTIboost

Reged: 04/28/07
      #10765553 - 06/12/07 09:25 PM

Quote:

Quoted for the truth. You sound like you're on a different page than this girl. I'm pretty sure she is just looking to have fun/mess around/whatever. You took this date way too seriously for her. She's a freshmen? Mannn she's just looking to have fun/hook up I'm guessing. You should oblige her. If you want a serious relationship, that can come later.

Sponger.
HEADS WILL ROLL

Reged: 05/20/04
Loc: San Diego
      #10766357 - 06/13/07 12:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

brag: goofyballer goes to the same school as my sister and didnt meet her.

Given my track record, I'm sure that is the only obstacle to preventing sexytime from happening.

I have a hand written note from PITTM's sister that she signed " <her name>"

PITTM

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Sponger.]
      #10766538 - 06/13/07 12:13 AM

yikes. thats getting around for you

Scorcho
addict

Reged: 08/21/05
      #10778093 - 06/13/07 07:55 PM

jesus christ that letter just cost me 2 BI because it pissed me off so much and put me on tilt

goofyballer
Emo Communist

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Scorcho]
      #11020164 - 07/02/07 01:28 AM

Addendum:

I left one pretty important part out of my TR from the 2nd night (the one where I gave her the letter). The amended version is as follows:

After I gave her the letter we were sitting on her couch getting ready to study or whatever, and she had her laptop and was checking her Facebook when she was like "what, who's this message from?"

I scoot next to her to look at her monitor. Some dude named Jeremy Conway of Las Vegas, NV (born March 6, 1983) had sent her a message; she opened it up, and it read something along the lines of:

Quote:

Hi, a guy you went on a date with recently wrote a pretty interesting thread about you I thought you might want to see. Check it out:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

As soon as I see this, I try to grab the laptop and shut the lid, but it doesn't really work; my heart rate doubles. She's like "omg wtf!" and I'm like "uhhhhhh" and she's like "what is this?" and I'm like "uhhhh" and I ask her if at the very least, she'll give me the laptop so I can ease her into it, because it's going to be very embarrassing for me regardless. She does, and right as I'm about to start explaining what 2+2 is to her some dude from next door walks into her apartment and hangs out for like 20 minutes, which is kinda funny considering the massive awkwardness between myself and bio chick that he had interrupted. I had the laptop at this time and could have erased all traces of the message, but that would make me a huge douchebag so meh. Anyway, he leaves, and I explain that 2+2 is this poker site where we all talk about poker strategy, and I explain how BBV started and how people started relating stuff in their lives to beats, brags, and variance, which then spawned the BBV4L forum, where people post stuff about whatever's going on in their life. She can see the pain in my face as I'm explaining all this, and before I open the thread (and god, I love her for this) she said that if I wanted to, I could delete all trace of the thread and she would never have to read it. I decided to let her, mostly because I was completely floored by that gesture and really felt like I could trust her.

So, she read the thread. She thought a lot of the OP was pretty funny, and some of the stuff at the end was kinda sad (one of the things I warned her about was that she might feel bad given that I felt pretty crappy at the end of the night and it came through in the post), but overall she enjoyed reading it. Then she noticed I posted pictures of her and through some miracle didn't even get mad at me or anything. She read through all the replies at the time, some of them were kinda mean-spirited and she seemed to take a little offense to the ones attacking her looks...see, this is what happens when you try to apply the OOT scale to real people. She thought a lot of the responses were pretty hilarious though, and she said Gone Forever's post was really awesome. I showed her some of the other funny 2+2 threads I made, overall I actually think it was a good thing that Mr. Conway tried to trainwreck this because it brought us a lot closer together.

I refrained from posting about this because we were gonna try to think of a way to punk the trainwrecker into thinking he had created some huge dramabomb in my life, but we never really got around to coming up with a plan...so yeah, that's the story. Jeremy, I'm in Vegas right now and will $10k fight you.

Kimbell175113
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 10/11/06
Loc: The art of losing isn't hard t...
      #11020203 - 07/02/07 01:32 AM

lolololol

ebepse
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 01/14/07
Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Kimbell175113]
      #11020210 - 07/02/07 01:33 AM

yesssssssssssssssssssssss

shes hot btw

Edited by SPB (07/02/07 01:37 AM)

slickpoppa

Reged: 08/23/04
      #11021582 - 07/02/07 04:31 AM

Quote:

Addendum:

I left one pretty important part out of my TR from the 2nd night (the one where I gave her the letter). The amended version is as follows:

After I gave her the letter we were sitting on her couch getting ready to study or whatever, and she had her laptop and was checking her Facebook when she was like "what, who's this message from?"

I scoot next to her to look at her monitor. Some dude named Jeremy Conway of Las Vegas, NV (born March 6, 1983) had sent her a message; she opened it up, and it read something along the lines of:

Quote:

Hi, a guy you went on a date with recently wrote a pretty interesting thread about you I thought you might want to see. Check it out:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

As soon as I see this, I try to grab the laptop and shut the lid, but it doesn't really work; my heart rate doubles. She's like "omg wtf!" and I'm like "uhhhhhh" and she's like "what is this?" and I'm like "uhhhh" and I ask her if at the very least, she'll give me the laptop so I can ease her into it, because it's going to be very embarrassing for me regardless. She does, and right as I'm about to start explaining what 2+2 is to her some dude from next door walks into her apartment and hangs out for like 20 minutes, which is kinda funny considering the massive awkwardness between myself and bio chick that he had interrupted. I had the laptop at this time and could have erased all traces of the message, but that would make me a huge douchebag so meh. Anyway, he leaves, and I explain that 2+2 is this poker site where we all talk about poker strategy, and I explain how BBV started and how people started relating stuff in their lives to beats, brags, and variance, which then spawned the BBV4L forum, where people post stuff about whatever's going on in their life. She can see the pain in my face as I'm explaining all this, and before I open the thread (and god, I love her for this) she said that if I wanted to, I could delete all trace of the thread and she would never have to read it. I decided to let her, mostly because I was completely floored by that gesture and really felt like I could trust her.

So, she read the thread. She thought a lot of the OP was pretty funny, and some of the stuff at the end was kinda sad (one of the things I warned her about was that she might feel bad given that I felt pretty crappy at the end of the night and it came through in the post), but overall she enjoyed reading it. Then she noticed I posted pictures of her and through some miracle didn't even get mad at me or anything. She read through all the replies at the time, some of them were kinda mean-spirited and she seemed to take a little offense to the ones attacking her looks...see, this is what happens when you try to apply the OOT scale to real people. She thought a lot of the responses were pretty hilarious though, and she said Gone Forever's post was really awesome. I showed her some of the other funny 2+2 threads I made, overall I actually think it was a good thing that Mr. Conway tried to trainwreck this because it brought us a lot closer together.

I refrained from posting about this because we were gonna try to think of a way to punk the trainwrecker into thinking he had created some huge dramabomb in my life, but we never really got around to coming up with a plan...so yeah, that's the story. Jeremy, I'm in Vegas right now and will $10k fight you.

That's bush league. Looks like a fake account. But what the hell were you thinking posting the pictures directly from facebook? Thats just asking for a trainwreck.

Anyway, the chick is really cute, but it sounds like you have no shot with her romantically. I think your best bet is to see if you can get her to set you up with friends of hers.

bigbabyjesus
Guitar Zero

Reged: 06/10/07
Loc: was billyjex
      #11022400 - 07/02/07 07:09 AM

The trainwreck that is your life will always make me smile.

<3 Goofy

JP OSU
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 04/13/06
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: bigbabyjesus]
      #11022551 - 07/02/07 07:53 AM

Quote:

The trainwreck that is your life will always make me smile.

<3 Goofy

bram
stranger

#11022869 - 07/02/07 08:53 AM

Quote:

overall I actually think it was a good thing that Mr. Conway tried to trainwreck this because it brought us a lot closer together.

Goofy, your threads/social life trainwrecks be bringing us all a lot closer together.

On a serious note, seems like your addicted to being the nice guy who never gets laid, how's that working for ya?

ps: Tightpoker forum went down the tube a couple of months ago

goofyballer
Emo Communist

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: slickpoppa]
      #11022887 - 07/02/07 08:56 AM

Quote:

That's bush league. Looks like a fake account. But what the hell were you thinking posting the pictures directly from facebook? Thats just asking for a trainwreck.

Well, I used her first name in the OP, and one of the pictures I posted was her profile picture, so that's how whoever it was found it. The URL of Facebook photos won't point anyone to the profile.

Quote:

ps: Tightpoker forum went down the tube a couple of months ago

Sorry to hear that.

Georgia Avenue
BBV Film Director

#11023574 - 07/02/07 10:43 AM

I wish you could have owned the jackoff that trainwrecked you somehow. Totally uncool in so many ways.

But no matter, that chick was bogus anyway. Onward/upward grasshopper.

fluffpop62
hottest chick on 2+2

Reged: 11/02/06
Loc: san diego!
      #11023762 - 07/02/07 11:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Did you read the letter?

oh my god. clearly i did not read the letter. goofy, i am now honestly sorry i never answered your questions about help with girls because W.T.F. i didn't realize it would come to this point. You still seem like a sweet guy, but WHAT THE [censored]?!

goofyballer
Emo Communist

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: fluffpop62]
      #11023830 - 07/02/07 11:13 AM

It's not too late fluffpop.

ebepse
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 01/14/07
Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
      #11023971 - 07/02/07 11:26 AM

sticky this thread

i cant get over how awesome this is
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did you read the letter?

oh my god. clearly i did not read the letter. goofy, i am now honestly sorry i never answered your questions about help with girls because W.T.F. i didn't realize it would come to this point. You still seem like a sweet guy, but WHAT THE [censored]?!

i missed the letter until now and fkdjffk mind blowing

i love bbv

Edited by SPB (07/02/07 11:49 AM)

kipin
Gigantor

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: Supporting Ron Paul
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: ebepse]
      #11024684 - 07/02/07 12:25 PM

goofy,

start macking on fat ugly chicks. This act will build up your confidence.

Then you can move in for the kill with your newfound confidence and start swooning hot chicks.

holdme
and hitme hard

Loc: 100k in 20 days
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: kipin]
      #11024756 - 07/02/07 12:30 PM

what he said^^^^

start flirting with every single girl you run across until you get good.

you'll start feelin more comfortable around the hotties and they'll be all like ooooo goofy i want u soooo bad. immma give you some dome

ChrisCo
old hand

Reged: 01/07/04
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: holdme]
      #11025430 - 07/02/07 01:26 PM

Goofy I am genuinely disappointed I never got to meet you in SLO before you graduated. We could have winged it together and be the two nicest guys in the town that don't get pussy.

skiller3
enthusiast

Reged: 06/27/07
      #11025572 - 07/02/07 01:39 PM

Quote:

YOUR HONOR

SHE WALKED DOWN THE PIER

hidden gem

sethypooh21
idiotplayer

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: skiller3]
      #11025637 - 07/02/07 01:43 PM

The addendum turned the awesomeness of this thread all the way to 11.

Next time, don't write her a letter, just direct her to the 2p2 TR, LDO.

DeezNuts
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 09/04/02
Loc: Right Behind You
      #11026261 - 07/02/07 02:28 PM

Goofyballer Fan Club Public Enemy #1:

Jeremy Conway.

We know where you live!

sethypooh21
idiotplayer

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: DeezNuts]
      #11026351 - 07/02/07 02:37 PM

Quote:

Goofyballer Fan Club Public Enemy #1:

Jeremy Conway.

We know where you live!

Yeah, with all the 2p2 in/near Vegas right now, someone might very well go all Walter Sobchak on him.

"You see what happens, Jeremy? You see what happens when you [censored] a complete stranger in the ass?"

ruken

#11029132 - 07/02/07 05:53 PM

goofyballer
Emo Communist

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: ChrisCo]
      #11030480 - 07/02/07 07:34 PM

Quote:

Goofy I am genuinely disappointed I never got to meet you in SLO before you graduated. We could have winged it together and be the two nicest guys in the town that don't get pussy.

I am too. I'm sorry I was always too lazy to make it to your guys' donkament Monday nights.

beavens
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/30/04
Loc: i kill with my heart.
      #11030805 - 07/02/07 08:01 PM

way too depressing for BBV dude

soweak.
enthusiast

Reged: 03/11/05
Loc: Blackwing Lair
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: beavens]
      #11031427 - 07/02/07 08:44 PM

I dont know how this thread can get better, its already been semi-trainwrecked.

I think OP should get this girl to visit him while he's in Las Vegas, then have GA sleep with her immediately.

That'd be classic.

bmwguy525
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: soweak.]
      #11031444 - 07/02/07 08:45 PM

Hey Fluff I don't write creepy letters, wanna make out next weekend? I'll be down that way

goofyballer
Emo Communist

#11032124 - 07/02/07 09:41 PM

Quote:

Hey Fluff I don't have any modicum of romanticism, wanna give goofy awesome girl advice? He'll be in Vegas

soweak.
enthusiast

#11032265 - 07/02/07 09:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Fluff I don't have any modicum of romanticism, wanna give goofy awesome girl advice? He'll be in Vegas

try this guy's method

soweak.
enthusiast

#11032399 - 07/02/07 10:06 PM

Ok here's some real advice:

1) Just stop caring, don't be outcome dependent. Date lots of beautiful women, don't get caught on one.
2) Stop putting every woman on a such a high pedastel that you look like you're worshipping them, without knowing who they are.
3) Treat women like they are five years old until they prove otherwise to you, especially with girls in college.
4) The following are unnacceptable for a first date: dinner, movie theatre, anything where you spend more than $40.
5) If she offers to pay, let her. You should not have to pay to hang out with her, this is why you follow #4.
6) Always have a plan. Know exactly where/how the date will go.
7) ABC. ALWAYS BE CLOSING.

Hopey
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/07/04
Loc: Approving of Iron's moderation
      #11032808 - 07/02/07 10:46 PM

Quote:

I dont know how this thread can get better,

I do: goofy's love interest creates an account and posts in this thread.

It still might happen. Who's to say she hasn't been checking this board reguarly ever since that douchenozzle tried to trainwreck goofy?

ruken

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: Hopey]
      #11033109 - 07/02/07 11:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I dont know how this thread can get better,

I do: goofy's love interest creates an account and posts in this thread.

It still might happen. Who's to say she hasn't been checking this board reguarly ever since that douchenozzle tried to trainwreck goofy?

That would be hot as the sun.

This thread delivers. More please.

silvermark

Reged: 10/13/06
      #11034065 - 07/03/07 12:57 AM

Props for dating a solid 9.

ruken

Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: silvermark]
      #11034084 - 07/03/07 12:58 AM

Quote:

Beat: for getting played out by a solid 9 and spending money on her when she had no intention of putting out.

But that's ok. It's part of the learning experience.

Hopey
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/07/04
Loc: Approving of Iron's moderation
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: silvermark]
      #11037249 - 07/03/07 09:19 AM

Quote:

Generally, for it to be considered a date, both parties need to be aware that it is a date.

MyPetTurtle
enthusiast

Reged: 07/07/06
      #11037735 - 07/03/07 10:22 AM

Quote:

Then she started being worried that I was mad at her, so I told her I wasn't and hugged her, probably for like 15 seconds, and kissed the side of her forehead as she laid her head against my chest. She told me I was sweet. I pretended to smile.

i think you should have been like "whatever" and left instead of pretending to be fine. then she stews for the next day or two thinking about you and your desirability skyrockets.

it just seems like you're letting girls walk over you. being more honest/straightfoward is hard but necessary.

NajdorfDefense
Arbing for Dollars

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Manhattan
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: HesseJam]
      #11049935 - 07/04/07 03:38 AM

Quote:

OK, your game on the date was not AAA+ but still above average.

Not even remotely.

Where's the alcohol?

You supplicated her to buy her dinner? Nice one.

Proper response shoulda been 'Fine, you pay for dinner, etc, add funny one-liner'. If she doesn't laugh you have no shot anyway.

She didn't want you to explain to her why you wanted to drive 10 miles.
You obviously failed to pick up on her lack of physical cues.

Where's the alcohol?
Make it clear you have ZERO interest in being in the friend zone. You already have friends. You are interested in [censored] someone.

Where's the demonstration of higher value -- bowling? Are you goddamn serious? Why the desperation?

If she's not interested, she's not worth your time, next!

spacebetween
addict

Reged: 04/13/06
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: NajdorfDefense]
      #11055228 - 07/04/07 03:46 PM

Honestly goofy, you seem like a nice guy so I'm gonna give you some advice.

1. NEVER pay for anything, it kinda looks like you are insecure and think you have to buy her things so she can hang out with you.
2. NEVER try to make it look or feel like a date. Girls don't like date. It's formal, it sucks, it's awkward, etc... Girls like to have fun.
3. Dinner is not a good date. It's boring.
4. NEVER let her win. Girls dont f*** guys they can beat.
5. Tease her. Make fun of her. Treat her like she's your little sister that you love, but like to make fun of. Be playful!!!!!!
6. You try to go for a kiss!!! ARE YOU [censored] RETARDED??? You can't kiss a girl if you havent been touching her at all all night, its gonna be so awkward. Start by holding her hands, hugging, touch girls when you talk to them. It's possible to do it without being creepy, and that's the way to go.
6. If you start touching a girl as soon as you meet her AND you feel comfortabe with it(it takes practice) she is gonna LOVE it. Touching and telling her she's hot or sexy (not in a creepy way) will make sure that you don't get into those "friend" situation. If you think a girl has gorgeous eyes, keep it for yourself, she's probably heard it 1k times. Tell her she looks sexy instead.

PM me for other questions.

Edited by spacebetween (07/04/07 03:52 PM)

kevin017
addict

Reged: 03/18/05
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: spacebetween]
      #11056282 - 07/04/07 05:20 PM

i have less experience than everyone else posting, but i'm also a nice guy, and maybe can offer a different perspective.

the first girl i ever really dated was early in college. she was the roommate of a high school friend of mine. after a little while, i decided i liked her. one day when everyone was going to eat at the dining hall, she said she was staying back to study and would eat a cup of noodle. i said i was too, we talked for a while, kinda hit it off. A weekend or two later, we went out to a party, got drunk, came back and fooled around. The next day she "broke up (or whatever)' because she thought I just wanted to fool around with her. The next weekend we fooled around fri/sat night anyway, due mainly to alcohol. For the next couple months we were dating, i was kinda flirting with her roommate (my friend from hs). It took like 4 months before she even realized I liked her a lot. We've actually been dating ever since, but that's beside the point, the point is i got in her pants.

Her early skepticism of whether or not i was into her, alcohol, and hanging out with her in a relaxed and fun way was all crucial to me getting with her, and during none of it did i have to be creepy, overly sappy/romantic, or anything other than my normal nice guy self. AFTER you get to know them, and get close to them, then you can be romantic or whatever you want, but if you do it before then, they'll just be creeped out by how overly attached you are and how much effort you're putting into getting someone you barely know.

PokerDiva
journeyman

Reged: 07/02/07
Loc: Lost
      #11057783 - 07/04/07 07:57 PM

Quote:

1. NEVER pay for anything, it kinda looks like you are insecure and think you have to buy her things so she can hang out with you.
2. NEVER try to make it look or feel like a date. Girls don't like date.

LOL you're not very bright are you?

soneill34
enthusiast

Reged: 09/04/06
      #11065489 - 07/05/07 12:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

try this guy's method

Was expecting the rickroll so hard right there.

ifckladyluck

Reged: 03/29/06
Re: So I had a date tonight [Re: kevin017]
      #11119624 - 07/09/07 02:36 PM

Quote:

i have less experience than everyone else posting, but i'm also a nice guy, and maybe can offer a different perspective.

the first girl i ever really dated was early in college. she was the roommate of a high school friend of mine. after a little while, i decided i liked her. one day when everyone was going to eat at the dining hall, she said she was staying back to study and would eat a cup of noodle. i said i was too, we talked for a while, kinda hit it off. A weekend or two later, we went out to a party, got drunk, came back and fooled around. The next day she "broke up (or whatever)' because she thought I just wanted to fool around with her. The next weekend we fooled around fri/sat night anyway, due mainly to alcohol. For the next couple months we were dating, i was kinda flirting with her roommate (my friend from hs). It took like 4 months before she even realized I liked her a lot. We've actually been dating ever since, but that's beside the point, the point is i got in her pants.

Her early skepticism of whether or not i was into her, alcohol, and hanging out with her in a relaxed and fun way was all crucial to me getting with her, and during none of it did i have to be creepy, overly sappy/romantic, or anything other than my normal nice guy self. AFTER you get to know them, and get close to them, then you can be romantic or whatever you want, but if you do it before then, they'll just be creeped out by how overly attached you are and how much effort you're putting into getting someone you barely know.

are you a virgin?

EPiPeN11
old hand

Reged: 03/01/07
Loc: Boston
      #11120517 - 07/09/07 03:35 PM

Quote:

Honestly goofy, you seem like a nice guy so I'm gonna give you some advice.

2. NEVER try to make it look or feel like a date. Girls don't like date. It's formal, it sucks, it's awkward, etc... Girls like to have fun.
3. Dinner is not a good date. It's boring.
5. Tease her. Make fun of her. Treat her like she's your little sister that you love, but like to make fun of. Be playful!!!!!!
6. You try to go for a kiss!!! ARE YOU [censored] RETARDED??? You can't kiss a girl if you havent been touching her at all all night, its gonna be so awkward. Start by holding her hands, hugging, touch girls when you talk to them. It's possible to do it without being creepy, and that's the way to go.
6. If you start touching a girl as soon as you meet her AND you feel comfortabe with it(it takes practice) she is gonna LOVE it. Touching and telling her she's hot or sexy (not in a creepy way) will make sure that you don't get into those "friend" situation. If you think a girl has gorgeous eyes, keep it for yourself, she's probably heard it 1k times. Tell her she looks sexy instead