FlyingStart
(old hand)
12/04/05 11:46 AM
Re: When do move up from NL25?

This list is awesome, I looked it up because of a referanse in a recent post.

If you are reading this/have the time to respond could you explain in a little more detail the following concepts (listed in 400). Any key thoughts greatly appreciated

- When to c/r and when to b3b

I think I understand what you are getting at, in both situations you want to get lots of money in the pot, but you want to pick the line that puts the most money in the pot. But is this mostly read dependant or more dependant on the texture of the bord? I.e. a coordinated bord versus a flop with a dry texture, which line do you choose? I think a case could be made for both. If you checkraise on a coordinated board sometiems villain will suspect a draw and wants to put his money in on the flop, which is good. If you bet villain will most likely raise (to charge draws/win the pot) if he has an overpair/TP. If he does, you can threebet, but that might shut down action from villain? esp. if turn helps draws he knows he is either beat by straight/flush or a set.

- ID profitably PF steals

On your list I think this is the only concept where I'm totally lost, and I never put it to practice. I think I understand to some degree what the move is about (squeeze plays and the sort), but haven't really put much thought into it. I sometimes make big reraises and CB from the blinds tho, when I feel someone is abusing the button/CO, but I'm not sure this fits in the category?

contact us 2+2 Publishing