Madd
(addict)
06/29/07 08:13 AM
Re: Durrr in process of losing 60k+ in a chess bet.. good month for ra

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No [censored] way in hell Im an underdog against the top GM's with pawn odds

I'd pick Morozevich without c2-pawn against you.

Let's put it this way. I wouldn't back myself in a match against someone 300 points lower rated than me, if I started without a pawn, although it might be close. That means it should be even less likely that someone 300 points higher rated than me, should feel confident playing me down a pawn. The reason for this is that small advantages have more value when the ratings of the players involved are higher. Note that no one in the world is ranked more than 350 points higher than me.

So logically I either underestimate my abilities to beat a 2150 FIDE player without a pawn (and I really think I'm an underdog), or there is something seriously wrong with these arguments.

I completely agree with the part that small advantages have more value when the ratings of the players involved are higher. But, I would pick you in a match (8 games, 30 min each, pawn odds, a-pawn in game 1, b-pawn in game 2 etc.) against somebody with 2150. Anyway, here we are on to something because the outcome of a match like this (or a match of you vs a 2700+) wouldn't be determined beforehand. Somewhere along these lines there should be a fair prop bet.

ps:
raptor,
curtains

contact us 2+2 Publishing