curtains
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
06/29/07 01:36 AM
Re: Durrr in process of losing 60k+ in a chess bet.. good month for ra

Quote:

Quote:

sn=hazard1414 on yahoo chess, i'm at 'intermediate --> adequate' if anyone wants to play some blitz. holla

Play on www.chessbase.com, the software is a million times better and it's well known everyone uses a comp on Yahoo.

Interesting thread. I play loads of new people all the time and they usually have a story about how they are the best amongst there group of friends. I tell them I'm awful Which is true (rated around 1900 Auschess), but relative to them most games aren't difficult. Funny how easy it is to consider yourself a good player when you haven't actually played some of club level or above.

Out of interest, how long do you think it would take someone of high intelligence to beat a GM or similar rated player with Rook odds? I'd hazard a guess and say 2 - 4 weeks of 12 hours daily study should be more than enough, maybe even one week if there a fast learner with a good teacher.

2-4 weeks of daily study shouldn't be close to enough on average, not even remotely in the ballpark, assuming you are talking about a rank beginner.

contact us 2+2 Publishing