PDA

View Full Version : My biggest hand ever

TheWorstPlayer
04-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Saw the other post on this topic and figured I would make it, too, since I just played this hand last night. Sucked out like a fish, too. And probably on a 2+2er. Let's see if he shows up to berate me again like he did in the chat after the hand, LOL.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($354)
UTG ($915.57)
<font color="#C00000">TWP ($1575.25)</font>
<font color="#C00000">CO ($2637.14)</font>
Button ($567)
SB ($602.10)

Preflop: TWP is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TWP raises to $25</font>, CO calls $25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($59) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TWP bets $56</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $156</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TWP raises to $400</font>, CO calls $244.

Turn: ($859) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TWP bets $400</font>, CO calls $2212.14 (All-In), TWP calls $750.25 (All-In).

River: ($4221.39) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $4221.39

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
TWP has Jd 9d (flush, jack high).
CO has 3s 3c (three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: TWP wins $3159.50. CO wins $1061.89. </font>

miajag
04-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Did you tell him he did a good job getting the bulk of the money in while behind?

tehox
04-28-2006, 02:55 PM
You played the hand better than him IMO.

FoxwoodsFiend
04-28-2006, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sucked out like a fish, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, hitting an 11-outer after 3-bet semibluffing with deepstacks then getting all the money in on the turn. What a fish.

Seriously, what was this guy thinking with the just call? Waiting to use his position to reevaluate on the turn and get it all in anyway regardless of the board? Or was he floating against what he now thought is a higher set and hoping to bluff you? Either way, I have no idea why you think you were the fishy one here.

AllIn3High
04-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Turn: ($859) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TWP bets ????????

TheWorstPlayer
04-28-2006, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You played the hand better than him IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know, but thanks. Chat that followed:

(He had just been saying that he was up '1 billion' lifetime off of me.)

Me: 1 billion minus 1500.
Him: Nice hit on the turn.
Me: Thanks.
Him: It's okay, you put in too much money on the flop to profit anyways.
Me: OK.
Him: Do you understand why?
Me: No, please explain it to me.
Him: I can't.
Me: Why not? Please? Draw me a diagram...
Him: You are too dense to get it.

TheWorstPlayer
04-28-2006, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sucked out like a fish, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, hitting an 11-outer after 3-bet semibluffing with deepstacks then getting all the money in on the turn. What a fish.

Seriously, what was this guy thinking with the just call? Waiting to use his position to reevaluate on the turn and get it all in anyway regardless of the board? Or was he floating against what he now thought is a higher set and hoping to bluff you? Either way, I have no idea why you think you were the fishy one here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I was just joking about the fact that he berated me afterwards in the chat and that he's a nit (probably 2+2er). I know I played it well and he played it like crap.

TheWorstPlayer
04-28-2006, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: ($859) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TWP bets ????????</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I have a small issue with my computer. I can't read the size of the pot. And I was running out of time, so I kinda just bet a kinda big number without really thinking about how much it was. But it's actually kinda ok. Maybe I should make it 650 or 700 but whatever. He was obviously not folding. And I was obviously ahead.

AllIn3High
04-28-2006, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I have a small issue with my computer. I can't read the size of the pot. And I was running out of time, so I kinda just bet a kinda big number without really thinking about how much it was. But it's actually kinda ok. Maybe I should make it 650 or 700 but whatever. He was obviously not folding. And I was obviously ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You ruin my BBV posts w/ advice. I poison yours. SO IS THE CYCLE YOUNG PADIWAN.

(obv you're an old fart and have been right in all your replies so far but i'm making a point damnit)

PartyGirlUK
04-28-2006, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is asking what you would have done on a blank turn.

TheWorstPlayer
04-28-2006, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is asking what you would have done on a blank turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
OHHHHHH!!! THANKS!!!! I thought he was objecting to my $400 bet (which is pretty mediocre, admittedly). I would push a blank, probably, and hope to suck out on the river.

DrGutshot
04-28-2006, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I was just joking about the fact that he berated me afterwards in the chat and that he's a nit (probably 2+2er). I know I played it well and he played it like crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was so bad about the way he played it? You'd fold to a big 4bet/push on the flop so why not wait till the turn with the set? When the 3rd diamond comes down shouldn't you (with the set) push to get the assumed overpair w/diamond to call?

If you had the set here, would you have flatcalled the turn, and then pushed a nondiamond river?

just a little confused,

-DrG

TheWorstPlayer
04-28-2006, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What was so bad about the way he played it? You'd fold to a big 4bet/push on the flop so why not wait till the turn with the set? When the 3rd diamond comes down shouldn't you (with the set) push to get the assumed overpair w/diamond to call?

If you had the set here, would you have flatcalled the turn, and then pushed a nondiamond river?

just a little confused,

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]
I would push the flop. If I can beat him, fine, if I lay down what will often be a massive draw, fine. The pot is huge, he will be PCed if he calls, but will often be giving me correct implied odds. Once I raise to $400 he should just push it in. If I have him beat, oh well cold deck. But he shouldn't let me draw out for free with a lot of room left to play.

Edit: Although I had been pretty psycho, and I may have been bluffing (hell I said I would probably push a blank turn - which would obviously be great for him if he'd call) in which case his play is not bad - but neither is mine. He is definitely retarded for berating me afterwards in the chat, LOL.

yvesaint
04-28-2006, 03:49 PM
DUDE you didnt even have him covered wtf....

TheWorstPlayer
04-28-2006, 03:50 PM
[censored] capped [censored]

edit: and i did for the next hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jhall23
04-28-2006, 03:52 PM
TWP: Nice pot, but you put too much money in on the flop to show a profit in this hand.

Gildwulf
04-28-2006, 04:01 PM
I haven't ready any responses, but wtf is up with putting so much money in on the flop...I doubt you can make a profit with this hand.

yvesaint
04-28-2006, 04:03 PM
god guys TWP is way too dense to get it

RunDownHouse
04-28-2006, 04:10 PM
I don't ever play NL, but you need a better draw if you're going to put so much money in on the flop and still turn a profit.

T-God
04-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Who is the villain? He played his hand like [censored] and berates you for it?

TheWorstPlayer
04-28-2006, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who is the villain? He played his hand like [censored] and berates you for it?

[/ QUOTE ]
ilikeaces86. my arch nemesis.

AllIn3High
04-28-2006, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be a super hero without proper arch-villians. This guy is not one of them.

TheWorstPlayer
04-28-2006, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be a super hero without proper arch-villians. This guy is not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
he's not too bad, but he's just a total nit. i should make sneginka and rebirth my arch nemeses but they are too good so i dont sit at their tables. lol.

yvesaint
04-28-2006, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he's not too bad, but he's just a total nit. i should make sneginka and rebirth my arch nemeses but they are too good so i dont sit at their tables. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol indeed.

TheWorstPlayer
04-28-2006, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol.

g-p
04-28-2006, 06:20 PM
lol too

can we post our biggest hands or do we just enjoy yours?

Dan87
04-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Too much money to turn a profit...:(

TheWorstPlayer
04-28-2006, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol too

can we post our biggest hands or do we just enjoy yours?

[/ QUOTE ]
you can post yours, too, if you want. but only if it's recent. we don't want any stale [censored]. or you can just enjoy mine.

surfinillini
04-28-2006, 08:54 PM
nh...

Mik1w
04-28-2006, 09:01 PM
I dont likevillan

as if

"It's okay, you put in too much money on the flop to profit anyways."

Nice turn push, dick-face. Way to totally invalidate your theory.

ilikeaces86_
05-01-2006, 01:47 AM
what do u do on a blank turn moron. Do you see why u dont turn a profit? Moooooorrroooon
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tao_Jones
05-01-2006, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what do u do on a blank turn moron. Do you see why u dont turn a profit? Moooooorrroooon

[/ QUOTE ]

Aces you played the hand like absolute [censored] from start to finish. You basicaly min-raised the flop and then berate him for coming back over the top??? With a bet that horrible I would never give you credit for a hand as strong as bottom set, this is an easy 4-bet all day. Then you just called like a muppet --- AAHAHAHHAHAHA. THEN you get the money in after a diamond rolls off??? [censored] owned from start to finish. The funny part about all this, calling the 3-bet by TWP is not horrible if you are willing to fold to a proper lead by TWP if a diamond rolls off and shove over the top on any non-daimond, but TWP incorrectly bet that turn, and gave you the proper odds to just call and try to fill up, but like a complete and utter moron you shoved?!?!?

Tao_Jones
05-01-2006, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that he has 11 clean outs vs your set, right? He is close to 50% to hit that turn, so what exactly was your plan smart guy? Oh we already know, get all the money in as a 4-1 dog because you never once put him on diamonds, but obviously an overpair, which is lunacy at best. TWP is smart enough not to stack off 250 bb's with AA here. OWNED from start to finish...

Staycool
05-01-2006, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that he has 11 clean outs vs your set, right? He is close to 50% to hit that turn

[/ QUOTE ]

And I wonder why the games are so good...

younghov17
hero didnt play it any better than villian, he just caught his card an viliian didnt. hero said himself hed push a blank turn so its no better than villian pushing a flush turn.

younghov17
oh and lol @ 50% to hit 11 outs on the turn. idiot

Tao_Jones
05-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Yeah yeah, a little over 20%, I was just signing onto edit my post...

younghov17
05-01-2006, 02:50 AM
wow i should start putting 1/4th of my stack in as a dog....especially after its obvious villian has more than an overpair, which im basically breakeven with.

Python49
05-01-2006, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that he has 11 clean outs vs your set, right? He is close to 50% to hit that turn, so what exactly was your plan smart guy? Oh we already know, get all the money in as a 4-1 dog because you never once put him on diamonds, but obviously an overpair, which is lunacy at best. TWP is smart enough not to stack off 250 bb's with AA here. OWNED from start to finish...

[/ QUOTE ]
TWP that you? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tao_Jones
05-01-2006, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow i should start putting 1/4th of my stack in as a dog....especially after its obvious villian has more than an overpair, which im basically breakeven with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the whole point, a raise of $100 to TWP into a pot of already 115 does little to convince hero that villian has anything at all, let alone a hand as strong as bottom set /images/graemlins/confused.gif He basicaly min-raised the flop /images/graemlins/ooo.gif If you think anyone in that game is only doing this with "more than an overpair" your smoking dope. I'm popping that board against an agg lag who autobets any flop after his pfr with a huge range... With stacks this deep its incorrect to make a PSR let alone a min-raise, cmon, get serious. At laugh all you want at my error about the odds, the fact remains if your going to just call TWP's 3-bet then you need some sort of contingency plan for the 1-5 chance a scare card rolls off. Obviously it never damwned on villain that TWP would 4-bet a draw becuase he pushed on the diamond turn, so perhaps his 4-bet was exactly what was needed for villian to stick his hand in as a 4 to 1 dog...

ilikeaces86_
05-01-2006, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the whole point, a raise of $100 to TWP into a pot of already 115 does little to convince hero that villian has anything at all, let alone a hand as strong as bottom set /images/graemlins/confused.gif He basicaly min-raised the flop /images/graemlins/ooo.gif If you think anyone in that game is only doing this with "more than an overpair" your smoking dope. I'm popping that board against an agg lag who autobets any flop after his pfr with a huge range... With stacks this deep its incorrect to make a PSR let alone a min-raise, cmon, get serious. At laugh all you want at my error about the odds, the fact remains if your going to just call TWP's 3-bet then you need some sort of contingency plan for the 1-5 chance a scare card rolls off. Obviously it never damwned on villain that TWP would 4-bet a draw becuase he pushed on the diamond turn, so perhaps his 4-bet was exactly what was needed for villian to stick his hand in as a 4 to 1 dog...

[/ QUOTE ]

U suck at life.

yvesaint
05-01-2006, 05:56 AM
zomg can we just go back to making fun of twp for putting too much in on the flop to profit

Clayton
05-01-2006, 06:09 AM
[censored] Sneginka and rebirth. I hate them. mucho respect but I am never sitting in a game with them ever again.

ilikeaces was a tightwad when i played with him.

RickyG
05-01-2006, 06:11 AM
I only read the OP but I have to believe that TWP put too much money on the flop to profit... sorry if this has already been said.

DoGGz
05-01-2006, 07:06 AM
Ok.

First off, if you put in $400 of your $1500 stake vs a set here you will never win in the long run. This has been said.

This is why you don't 3 bet the flop. You three bet and are only going to get called by hands that have you smoked, AND you are out of position, so if you 3 bet and he calls you almost HAVE to continue, and if your turn card is a blank it's likely your going to get committed for a large ammount of chips with not much equity.

TheWorstPlayer
05-01-2006, 07:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I only read the OP but I have to believe that TWP put too much money on the flop to profit... sorry if this has already been said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain. ilikeaces has already told me i'm too dense to get it, but please try anyways.

TheWorstPlayer
05-01-2006, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok.

First off, if you put in $400 of your $1500 stake vs a set here you will never win in the long run. This has been said.

This is why you don't 3 bet the flop. You three bet and are only going to get called by hands that have you smoked, AND you are out of position, so if you 3 bet and he calls you almost HAVE to continue, and if your turn card is a blank it's likely your going to get committed for a large ammount of chips with not much equity.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks for trying, but i'm too dense to get it.

cameronw01
05-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Oh look, I tripped and fell into a GODDAMN STRAT FORUM.

DoGGz
05-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Ok, You reraise, what do you expect ilikeaces to call with that he isn't ahead with? He called preflop, this rules out qq kk aa. A flush draw? You are way behind but might be able to bluff him out. A set? You are way behind and NEED to make it on the turn. Two pair? You are still way behind and need to make it on the turn.

So, You reraise and he's likely calling. so you invested $400 of your $1500 table stake, you have about $1100 remaining. If you miss on the turn the only hand he's folding is the flush draw, but every other hand is calling and you are losing lots of money. 12 outs with 47 cards in the deck is about %25. You have to win 4 TIMES 400 for the play to be profitable, and you are deep enough. This is why you call instead of raise.

You can dispute his possible range of hands if you'd like, but I gave you the benifit of the doubt that you always will get to showdown, which also might not be the case.

RickyG
05-01-2006, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain. ilikeaces has already told me i'm too dense to get it, but please try anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just kidding around. Whoever said that and meant it was wrong. Flop was neutral EV at worst... Pushing any turn is stupid, but I think you know that. Then again, listening to an omaha donkey is probably -EV so ignore everything I say.

TheWorstPlayer
05-01-2006, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just kidding around. Whoever said that and meant it was wrong. Flop was neutral EV at worst... Pushing any turn is stupid, but I think you know that. Then again, listening to an omaha donkey is probably -EV so ignore everything I say.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you were joking. So was I. And everyone saying my play is -EV has no idea how to play deep stack poker. LOL.

yvesaint
05-01-2006, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, You reraise, what do you expect ilikeaces to call with that he isn't ahead with? He called preflop, this rules out qq kk aa. A flush draw? You are way behind but might be able to bluff him out. A set? You are way behind and NEED to make it on the turn. Two pair? You are still way behind and need to make it on the turn.

So, You reraise and he's likely calling. so you invested $400 of your $1500 table stake, you have about $1100 remaining. If you miss on the turn the only hand he's folding is the flush draw, but every other hand is calling and you are losing lots of money. 12 outs with 47 cards in the deck is about %25. You have to win 4 TIMES 400 for the play to be profitable, and you are deep enough. This is why you call instead of raise.

You can dispute his possible range of hands if you'd like, but I gave you the benifit of the doubt that you always will get to showdown, which also might not be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG

ilikeaces86_
05-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Worst Player. You are the worst player I've ever seen.

TheWorstPlayer
05-01-2006, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Worst Player. You are the worst player I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]
please buddy list me.

jhall23
05-01-2006, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, You reraise, what do you expect ilikeaces to call with that he isn't ahead with?

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading here. Anyone else?

TheWorstPlayer
05-01-2006, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, You reraise, what do you expect ilikeaces to call with that he isn't ahead with?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He had me at "Ok".

tehox
05-01-2006, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He had me at "Ok".

[/ QUOTE ]

DoGGz is obviously a gimmick account.

Sponger.
05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: TWP is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TWP raises to $25</font>, CO calls $25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop.

DoGGz
05-01-2006, 06:15 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Stat Boy
05-01-2006, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My biggest hand ever

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.stressballworld.com/products/IMAGES/FULL/A/an_h23.jpg

bmxicle
05-01-2006, 10:05 PM
This is all just silly conjecture.

Morrek
05-01-2006, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My biggest hand ever

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.stressballworld.com/products/IMAGES/FULL/A/an_h23.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Tao_Jones
05-01-2006, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

U suck at life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as bad as you suck at deepstack poker. Stick to your nitty style and just leave the table once you get over 200bb's. That and what I already posted to this thread is the only free advice you are ever going to get from me.

Tao_Jones
05-01-2006, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is all just silly conjecture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I resent that... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif