PDA

View Full Version : Stuey DVD...

3N1GM4
01-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Hi, I live in the Uk and I'm trying to get hold of a copy of the movie "Stuey". I've been told by someone on the imdb that it's not actually been released over here, so I'm looking for somewhere based in the US which will ship it to the UK for me... Anyone got any suggestions on where I should look? I've tried googling for DVD sites in the US, but none of them even have the DVD. Please help, I really want this movie.

Thanks.

Sintax
01-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Its not called "stuey" anymore. The name of the movie is "High Roller: Stu Unger story"....

on amazon us, you can get it from one of the marketplace sellers for as low as $4.55 plus international shipping....

pastabatman
01-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Sorry can't help you find it, but are you sure you want to? This is an extremely cheesy 'B' movie, very badly written and produced. To make matters worse, it is completely devoid of any actual poker play. I rented from Netflix, and still felt ripped off.

Here's a link to my review (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=books&Number=1991832&Sear chpage=1&Main=1975394&Words=+pastabatman&topic=&Se arch=true)

maurile
01-11-2006, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please help, I really want this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are a Stu Ungar fan or are interested in learning more about Stuey's life, you will be extremely disappointed by this movie. It really sucks. (If they were going to fabricate the whole story, they could have at least made it interesting. This movie is both inaccurate and boring.)

The book by Nolan Dolla is good.

PJS
01-11-2006, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please help, I really want this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are a Stu Ungar fan or are interested in learning more about Stuey's life, you will be extremely disappointed by this movie. It really sucks. (If they were going to fabricate the whole story, they could have at least made it interesting. This movie is both inaccurate and boring.)

The book by Nolan Dolla is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree, the movie isn't up to much, but the book is very good.

3N1GM4
01-11-2006, 11:33 PM
thank you, I had seen that title, but didn't know it was the same movie.

Thank you all for your comments warning me about the quality of the film, I have read and watched much about the kid, and I understand this movie is neither accurate nor widely considered a great movie. But thanks for your help.

Rob-L
01-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Seconded

Lottery Larry
01-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Damn! I just rented this movie last night.

Oh well, now I'll be less disappointed, I guess.