PDA

View Full Version : Longest post in the history of 2p2?

wacki
04-25-2006, 09:30 AM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...page=0&vc=1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=5472902&an=&page=0&v c=1)

Is it?

just curious

Dynasty
04-25-2006, 09:32 AM
That was 6,187 words according to Word.

Elevens
04-25-2006, 09:35 AM
I was more amazed that Blarg wasn't the author than the length itself.

cambraceres
04-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Damn son, and everyone says I'm verbose

Peter Harris
04-25-2006, 09:52 AM
did anyone type "tl;dr"?

samjjones
04-25-2006, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Before reading the post, I would've guessed there was a 42.7% chance of this being true.

fyodor
04-25-2006, 09:58 AM
I didn't read it but as I was scrolling down I was thinking, "who the f wrote this? Ayn Rand?" and then I get to the bottom and the last line is:

[ QUOTE ]
Capitalism is beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Borodog = Ayn Rand (I thought she was dead)

cambraceres
04-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Is it time to move this to poli?

wacki
04-25-2006, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty, posts like this rock.

bisonbison
04-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Just to be absolutely clear: Anarcho-capitalism is retarded.

If you believe that anarcho-capitalism is the best system to live under, you are RETARDED.

TheMainEvent
04-25-2006, 12:11 PM
It I were a mod I would have deleted that post and then sent a PM saying it was an accident.

bisonbison
04-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Capitalism is beautiful.

Well, it's better looking than your wife.

bwana devil
04-25-2006, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It I were a mod I would have deleted that post and then sent a PM saying it was an accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's funny. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bwana

_TKO_
04-25-2006, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have a hard time believing that Boro didn't type this up elsewhere, at least several days previous to the actual post date.

Then again, I'm also surprised that so many people read the entire thing.

Case Closed
04-25-2006, 01:48 PM
I wonder if he typed all that out in the post box

Ayn Rand
04-25-2006, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you believe that anarcho-capitalism is the best system to live under, you are RETARDED.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even I agree with this.

Sponger.
04-25-2006, 01:56 PM
I laughed

Borodog
04-25-2006, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As always, well argued.

PITTM
04-25-2006, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...page=0&vc=1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=5472902&an=&page=0&v c=1)

Is it?

just curious

[/ QUOTE ]

What i see when i go to the link:

*** You are ignoring this user ***

rj

Borodog
04-25-2006, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Capitalism is beautiful.

Well, it's better looking than your wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/Borodog/21888.jpg

bisonbison
04-25-2006, 02:09 PM
As always, well argued.

I already posted my detailed "AC will fail in any real world test because of economies of scale and the majority's distaste for death and violence" post in politics, which the resident morons (you, riddick, no one cares who else) rebutted with sophisticated arguments like "nuh uh," "give it a chance," "history means nothing to me" and "I'd like to see them try."

I did my part to combat the retardedness of libertarnachocapitalisismo. So now I'm going back to my eternal strength: making fun of people who are dumber than me. Namely you.

You are retarded.

"Capitalism is beautiful." What a fuc[/b]king joke.

bisonbison
04-25-2006, 02:19 PM
douchebag

If you can't take a little honest feedback, how are we ever going to have a productive discussion?

FeliciaLee
04-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Rats, I thought I could beat it. My longest 2+2 post, however, is only 5783 words /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Big Poppa Smurf
04-25-2006, 02:20 PM
That post was longer, and probably had more effort put into it, than many of my papers for college.

Shajen
04-25-2006, 02:21 PM
http://www.thetoxiczone.com/images/roleplay/lrp/lrp5.jpg

The DaveR
04-25-2006, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
douchebag

If you can't take a little honest feedback, how are we ever going to have a productive discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a dog.

Participate in some evil. See if they call you "unprofessional" for it.

bisonbison
04-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Get a dog.

Participate in some evil. See if they call you "unprofessional" for it.

1. I'm getting a dog. Probably in July.

2. I'm being a little evil by insulting borodog's wife instead of pretending to engage his sophomoric ideas as though they deserved thorough discussion.

3. I hope to god no one I work for reads this forum, cause reading that capitalism post will make them permanently dumber.

ImsaKidd
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many pages is this? ~15-20?

Borodog
If you ever get one, have a nice life.

[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this douchebag ***

[/ QUOTE ]

WaterlooPoker
04-25-2006, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As always, well argued.

I already posted my detailed "AC will fail in any real world test because of economies of scale and the majority's distaste for death and violence" post in politics, which the resident morons (you, riddick, no one cares who else) rebutted with sophisticated arguments like "nuh uh," "give it a chance," "history means nothing to me" and "I'd like to see them try."

I did my part to combat the retardedness of libertarnachocapitalisismo. So now I'm going back to my eternal strength: making fun of people who are dumber than me. Namely you.

You are retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I think there is only one way to settle this. Death match style debate in the politics forum 4 posts / responses a day, one week of debate. I WILL MOD.

The DaveR
04-25-2006, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That post was longer, and probably had more effort put into it, than many of my papers for college.

[/ QUOTE ]

To your credit, your papers were probably better.

bisonbison
04-25-2006, 02:28 PM

But does he have a pirate shirt?

gilbert
04-25-2006, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many pages is this? ~15-20?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably like 30-35 if the lines are double spaced.

diddle
04-25-2006, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As always, well argued.

You are retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read your posts in the Politics forum. All your arguments boil down to "leave it or love it" and "might makes right."

bisonbison
04-25-2006, 02:39 PM
I read your posts in the Politics forum. All your arguments boil down to "leave it or love it" and "might makes right."

Might doesn't make right, but given that Somalia is widely touted as the first A/C proving ground, you might be able to discern why most people aren't anxious to vote to disband the state.

Edit:

And it's not love it or leave it - but how exactly do you expect AC to get started if no one in their right mind here is gonna vote for it?

Blarg
04-25-2006, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh, yeah, I gotta find a way to make mine longer now, to catch up.

diddle
04-25-2006, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Might doesn't make right, but given that Somalia is widely touted as the first A/C proving ground, you might be able to discern why most people aren't anxious to vote to disband the state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think might makes right is what the world operates on, whether in nature or humanity. It doesn't necessarily make one evil to recognize that. I don't think a resourceless land like Somalia is a fair indication of what AC would consist of in a more developed part of the world. Hell, you could claim Antarctica is an AC proving ground, then try to show how AC fails because no one wants to live there. These arguments don't pass muster to me, and I'm not an ACer like the other posters.

Anyway, I guess we're all in the wrong forum.

diddle
04-25-2006, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Edit:

And it's not love it or leave it - but how exactly do you expect AC to get started if no one in their right mind here is gonna vote for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

AC will get started when people value personal freedom and property rights more than the coercive "protection" of a large government. When will this happen? Maybe never.

The DaveR
04-25-2006, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit:

[/ QUOTE ]

AC will get started when people value personal freedom and property rights more than the coercive "protection" of a large government. When will this happen? Maybe never.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, please stop. You rule at unfunny sucking. Happy?

Dynasty
04-25-2006, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh, yeah, I gotta find a way to make mine longer now, to catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was 15 words according to Word.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/thumbdown.gif Not an impressive start. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/thumbdown.gif

diddle
04-25-2006, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, please stop. You rule at unfunny sucking. Happy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever bro.

Blarg
04-25-2006, 03:01 PM
Most people are wise enough not to depend on the kindness of strangers. Reeling in human barbarity is a tall order. Few of us would like to be left completely to the devices of the powerful. Many of these right wing calls for social change are like asking people to jump into the woodchipper, followed by a hilarious petulance and amazement that they'd rather not.

Big Poppa Smurf
04-25-2006, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But does he have a pirate shirt?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I also don't have a ponytail. Just the gayest name in 2+2 history.

FeliciaLee
04-25-2006, 03:11 PM
What about yours, Dynasty? Your Three Years in Vegas post?

TheMainEvent
04-25-2006, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people are wise enough not to depend on the kindness of strangers. Reeling in human barbarity is a tall order. Few of us would like to be left completely to the devices of the powerful. Many of these right wing calls for social change are like asking people to jump into the woodchipper, followed by a hilarious petulance and amazement that they'd rather not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post. And succinct /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dynasty
04-25-2006, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about yours, Dynasty? Your Three Years in Vegas post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not half that long.

PoBoy321
04-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Boro,

Shouldn't you be busy LARPing and trimming your mullet?

Borodog
04-25-2006, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people are wise enough not to depend on the kindness of strangers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except those in the state. Depending on the kindness of those strangers is perfectly wise. Hint: capitalism depends not on the kindness of strangers but rather on personal responsibility. The state breeds dependence on strangers and irresponsibility. It institutionalizes it.

[ QUOTE ]
Reeling in human barbarity is a tall order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the humans in question are in the government. Then they are perfectly virtuous and angelic, unencumbered by self-interest and merely human motivations.

[ QUOTE ]
Few of us would like to be left completely to the devices of the powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless they are in government. Then you're more than happy to be left completely to their devices.

[ QUOTE ]
Many of these right wing calls for social change are like asking people to jump into the woodchipper, followed by a hilarious petulance and amazement that they'd rather not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right wing? Lol. It never ceases to amaze me how statists can have the pretense of omniscience concerning topics about which they have no knowledge whatsoever.

Why don't you lecture me on accretion disks and hydrodynamics while you're at it?

Borodog
04-25-2006, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Boro,

[/ QUOTE ]

I repeat: Long hair != mullet.

Nut4Dawgs
04-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Calling MicroBob. Calling MicroBob.

Childish food fight has broken out in your Forum.

Thread locking is in order.

Please report in. Forthwith.

PoBoy321
04-25-2006, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boro,

[/ QUOTE ]

I repeat: Long hair != mullet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say potato, I say potato.

(I guess that doesn't really work when you write it out)

All the same, anyone who can't cut his hair and put on a tie for his own wedding probably has a car on blocks in his front yard and runs a meth lab.

MicroBob
04-25-2006, 04:18 PM
meh. it's not that long.

SamIAm
04-25-2006, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you ever get one, have a nice life.[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this douchebag ***

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Borodog, BisonBison told me to tell you that you're a pirate.
-Sam

bisonbison
04-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Borodog, BisonBison told me to tell you that you're a pirate.

Lightning Bolt!

MicroBob
04-25-2006, 04:29 PM
where was this thread before? just curious.

bisonbison
04-25-2006, 04:38 PM
OOT