PDA

View Full Version : Maryland tonight

shamu
01-11-2006, 01:02 PM
14 points is an awful lot. Maryland +14 seems almost too easy. Duke was in the exact same situation last year, rolling over teams to a 15-0 record, while Maryland was nothing great, losing to almost every good team they played. Then Maryland comes into Cameron and beats Duke pretty handily (and then beat them again later in the year). These are pretty much the same teams as last year. Even if Duke wins this time, it has to at least be close right? This is always Maryland's game of the year. Am I missing anything? Why is this line so high?

Spread was Duke -12.5 last year. Maryland won 75-66

MCS
01-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Maryland has not played that great this year, especially away from home. They've only had five non-home games this year, and they lost three of them, to Gonzaga by 8 (neutral), GW by 8 (in DC, not sure if technically neutral), and Miami by 14 (away). They did beat Chaminade and Arkansas on a neutral court, but still, I'm not impressed. I don't really like either side here.

FWIW Sagarin lines this at about 16.5.

ravensfan
01-11-2006, 07:20 PM
New to sports betting, so this might seem stupid, but what's Sagarin?

MCS
01-11-2006, 07:31 PM
It's a computer power ranking system. Here is a link.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt0506.htm

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif predictor.

dedmoney
01-11-2006, 08:04 PM
I don't bet Maryland games, but I'm honestly not looking at tonight with a lot of hope. Our 3pt d on sat was abysmal, don't know if it was because the terps were looking ahead or what, but it doesn't bode well for tonight.

My advice to you: don't touch this game with a ten foot pole, because even though i see it getting ugly, we all know (at least anyone who's watched cbb in the last five years) that maryland plays duke very well, both home or away.