PDA

View Full Version : Who here has stalked a player out of anger?

Wynton
01-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Admit it. Sometimes don't you want to chase a player who has pissed you off in some manner, usually by outdrawing you. And I don't mean pursuing him just because he's a bad player, but pursuing him (at least in part) because he's made you angry.

I don't think I've ever really let myself stalk someone in this manner, mostly because I'm too lazy. But the thought certainly has occurred to me.

Sykes
01-11-2006, 01:51 PM
I've done it a couple times. Usually it's out of revenge for my $$ back.

Ioz
01-11-2006, 02:00 PM
I have thought about it, but never done it.

I used to play with a couple of guys on Pacific who would do this to people on purpose. They would get the player so mad they couldn't see straight, and the guy would follow one or both of them around for a week or more.

They insisted it helped the bankroll a lot. Doesn't sound unreasonable to believe that, because the players they did this to were never that good.

GoCubsGo
01-11-2006, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have thought about it, but never done it.

I used to play with a couple of guys on Pacific who would do this to people on purpose. They would get the player so mad they couldn't see straight, and the guy would follow one or both of them around for a week or more.

They insisted it helped the bankroll a lot. Doesn't sound unreasonable to believe that, because the players they did this to were never that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually it has the opposite effect and the bad player quits and you never see him or his money again. Very -EV

darkcore
01-11-2006, 10:10 PM
i have never done it.

sometimes loosing a hand against a bad players is the price i have to pay to get their money in the long run. and right now there are so many bad players out there, that i do not see a reason to chase one of them.

DrVanNostrin
01-11-2006, 10:30 PM
I was going through my PT today. I looked to see who I had taken the most off and who had taken the most of me. One of my biggest fish who I follow was in 4th in the 'has taken the most off me' catogory. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Maybe I'm one of his fish.

Sciolist
01-12-2006, 08:56 AM
I once stalked a player because a girl I was teaching poker kept losing to him and was pissed off. So I followed him all day on all of his tables in micro limit NL. I ended up taking 5 buyins from him. It was fun.

donkeyradish
01-12-2006, 09:13 AM
No, in fact I dont even keep the chat window on 99% of the time so I can never get too angry.

When Mr. Stupid gets his 2-out shot on the river I curse my own luck, not his.

RunDownHouse
01-12-2006, 01:19 PM
A while back some guy pulled a hit and run on me on Stars 5/10 6max. He played 4 hands, 2 of which I had raised first in, and sucked out on both of them. When he left I was enraged and saw that he had fled to a 2/4 6max table. I sat to his left and proceeded to take his entire buy-in.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.