PDA

View Full Version : Ranked vs Unranked System Play today

Allin72
01-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Wed 1/11 531 Syracuse +2 +105 +131 OVER 141 -109
04:00 PM 532 Notre Dame -2 -115 -143 UNDER 141 -101

does this qualify as a system play, or not because its a rivalry? i think i like notre dame regardless. thanks

NoChance
01-11-2006, 11:37 AM
I had a couple PMs asking me about this game. Keep in mind there are a few different versions of this trend. My version is tweaked tighter than most and does not qualify as a play because it opened at a pick at my book. I am told it opened with ND favored at other books. Anyway, some versions of this trend play the games that open as a pick and migrate towards a favorite. Other versions make it a play if the unranked team is ever favored at all.

So, in conclusion, it probably is still a solid bet as it does fit most versions of this trend but I wont be posting it as it does not fit my version. I need to stick to my requirements or it gets confusing for everyone. I may end up playing this one for less than half of my normal bet after I get a chance to look at it.

ML4L
01-11-2006, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
does not qualify as a play because it opened at a pick at my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of us who might be scouting plays ahead of time, which book are you using as your "official" book? First line I saw at Pinny was -2, but I'm not 100% sure that it opened there...

ML4L

NoChance
01-11-2006, 12:09 PM
I use Covers.com when scouting. There it lists the opening line at 0 (or pick). By the time some of the books open, the line may have already moved and they may open at the "current" line and look like it opened as a favorite.

However, as I said, these games do fall into some versions of the trend and are probably still solid plays.