PDA

View Full Version : ncaa bet 1/11

CCx
01-11-2006, 09:16 AM
villanova -8.5 vs. rutgers

good morning /images/graemlins/grin.gif i'm picking this one up early because i have no clue if the line will move or not, but i suspect it might - the loss to west virginia was not surprising here in the philly area, we all saw what WVU did last year in the tourney, and returning the same core group with another year under their belt, it figured to be a tough game... nova went up big early but fell apart in the 2nd half as WVU outplayed them - many locals even picked WVU outright because it was a bad spot for villanova coming on off the louisville win - anyway, here we have the first game off a bad loss, best believe jay wright's guys have been practicing hard and focusing on everything that made them lose, even though they are still ranked 3rd after the loss, they dont want to lose again anytime soon

let's talk a little about the game itself - rutgers is a surprising 11-3, barely squeaking by seton hall for its first big east win on saturday - the scarlet knights have a younger team, starting two freshmen in farman and inman, both who played very well on saturday against seton hall - the rutgers team lacks depth on the bench, whereas villanova excels in that area bringing two great players in sheridan and cunningham off the bench... this factor cannot be overlooked in big conference matchups - nova also plays the four guard offense with big man fraser in the middle, which i think will keep rutgers on their heels, and if nova can shoot around their average of 49% from the field and 43.5% from 3, this game should be over quickly....

Kevroc
01-11-2006, 12:25 PM
RU and SHU are bitter rivals, just pointing that out.

chekthastak
01-11-2006, 12:59 PM
This is a tought bet, while Nova is the vastly superior team the game is at Rutgers and the RAC is an incredibly tough place to play. Rutgers has a great homecourt advantage that people don't realize. Last year in a miserable 10-19 season they lost only 3 games by more than 8, of course one of them was a 33 point embarrasing performance against Nova, the other was 12 against BC. They also nearly upset Syracuse and Pittsburgh. Rutgers is a much better team this year. I'm not saying they can't lose this game by 9, but it's a tough game to bet.

20Five
01-11-2006, 06:38 PM
good luck tonight CCx... looks like its at -9.5 now at pinny

CCx
01-11-2006, 07:44 PM
rutgers getting pounded, nova -8

CCx
01-11-2006, 10:13 PM
i'm most likely losing this bet, but what a game... watching it cover to cover, just went to OT when the fat big guy on rutgers smashes a 3 with 2 seconds left

CCx
01-11-2006, 10:34 PM
nova 84-78, missed this one...well they certainly had a shot, they dominated OT but missed about 5 FT's in the last minute that would have had the spread... still a great game and glad nova at least won