PDA

View Full Version : Holdemassistant vs Pokertracker

spliff
12-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Hi,

I haven't bought pokettracker yet, but was just about to, when i got an offer on a program called holdemassistant

It has live stats on other players, and even comments on odds/best hand (not very usefull for exp. players).

Seems preety sweet.

I play mostly small stakes 6. max NL, 2-3 tables.

It cost 49$, and i got an offer for 29$ if i buy before 31th of december. There are no ad onns to buy - all in onew program.

Should i try it out, or go for thet standard - pokertracker.

Anyone has any exp. with it, or with both ??

Elevens
12-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Huh?

Get PokerTracker. End of thread.

Chris.
12-19-2005, 01:57 PM
The first program you described sounds like it might violate the T&Cs of most major poker sites...

Loke
12-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Hold'em Assistant realtime statistics works similarly to PokerTracker with Gametime+ or Poker Office, for instance. There is definatly no violation of poker site ToC.

In addition to that, Hold'em Assistant has a few unique (I think) features, such as a Table Selection tool, that helps you find the potentially most profitable tables.

The program is shareware, so you can try for free before you buy, to see if the program is something for you.

spliff
12-19-2005, 11:36 PM
What about the aggression numbers pre- and post flop in HA, are they similar to the numbers in pokertracker (voluontary in pot, etc.) ??

So you can use them in post here to get play-advice, were most players use pokertracker.

Would still love to hear from people having experience with both PT and HA.

Loke
12-20-2005, 03:23 AM
I am not sure that the aggression numbers are the exact same as in Pokertracker, as I'm not all that familiar with Pokertracker.

If you want details about Hold'em Assistant calculations or formulas, you are always welcome to ask on the Hold'em Assistant website forum or email support@holdemassistant.com.

Chris.
12-20-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hold'em Assistant realtime statistics works similarly to PokerTracker with Gametime+ or Poker Office, for instance. There is definatly no violation of poker site ToC.

[/ QUOTE ]

From your site "The program gives you advice and odds, but it doesn't make any choices for you."

I was under the impression that this was not allowed, my apologies if I was wrong.

OrianasDaad
12-20-2005, 07:10 PM
I haven't tried your software, and won't, but the "Live Assistant" description in the "Pre-Flop Strategy" section seems fairly borderline for the T&C for many pokersites. Granted, this isn't much different from working from a chart, or that working dogmatically from a chart even a good idea.

wakerider10
06-27-2006, 12:20 AM
I am new to the online poker scene and was wondering what is the most usefull poker software I could get I'm really interested in poker tracker. any advice would be appriciated

SamIAm
06-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Welcome to the forum. Buy pokertracker. Read the FAQ at the top of the forum.

After those, if you have any questions, do a little searching (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/search.php?Cat=0) and then feel free to ask.
-Sam

Kapsylen
06-27-2006, 03:44 AM
wakerider10, I'd try Poker Office. I prefer it over Pokertracker and maybe you will too.

PokerProfile
06-27-2006, 09:56 AM
From a quick look at the website, it looks as though only Prima and Party are supported by Hold 'Em Assistant, whereas Poker Tracker supports a very wide range of sites, and Poker Office almost as many.

SamIAm
06-27-2006, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From a quick look at the website, it looks as though only Prima and Party are supported by Hold 'Em Assistant, whereas Poker Tracker supports a very wide range of sites, and Poker Office almost as many.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, despite bumping the old thread, nobody really wonders whether you should buy Hold'Em Assistant over Pokertracker. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-Sam