PDA

View Full Version : question about potential Sports article in Two Plus Two Magazine

King Yao
12-17-2005, 10:14 PM
I have been kicking around the idea of submitting an article on Sports Betting to Ed Miller for the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine. But I wanted to see if it was worthwhile. Do enough people who are interested in sports betting read the Two Plus Two Magazine? I'm a bit concerned that articles about sports betting wouldn't get enough exposure in that format.

I ask in this forum because the posters in this forum are probably the people who would be most interested - in that they care about sports betting...and they frequent twoplustwo.com. Of course, just because I decide to write an article doesn't mean they'll accept it for the magazine, I don't want to be presumptuous about that. But just wondering if I should bother with the effort.

shamu
12-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Yao, I don't read the magazine regularly but if you wrote an article, I would definitely be interested in reading it.

LAtoLV
12-18-2005, 12:47 AM
I read the Magazine and would absolutely read your article. I'm also curious what reading materials or websites you would recomend to a novice. I just picked up Wong's Sharp Sports Betting.
Thanks

WaimanaloSlim
12-18-2005, 06:32 AM
Yes!

This poker player is looking to diversify his degenerate gambling portfolio.

Moneyline
12-18-2005, 07:42 AM
Go for it!

What sport are you thinking of writing about?... I hope baseball...

chson
12-18-2005, 11:31 AM
I'd read it.

King Yao
12-18-2005, 11:32 AM
There is very little good information on sports betting. The best book is Stanford Wong's Sharp Sporst Betting (note: Wong is my publisher for my poker book). It is a good book for one to learn a few tools that should help anyone, but not specifically handicapping a game. Dan Gordon's Beat the Sports Book is ok, but not great. I think it's a worthwhile read. That's it! One good book, and one ok book. There are actually some other good stuff, but they are in spiral bound books (not factory bound) and can be found at the Gambler's Book Shop in Las Vegas (or their website). I'm not sure if Conjelco carries those.

As for sites: there are some good ones, but you really have to wade through the posts in the forums to get the good information. There is a ton of noise that goes through them. In no order, the sites that I visit are:

sharpsportsbetting.com
fezziksplace.com
majorwager.com
therx.com

King Yao
12-18-2005, 11:47 AM
I would tailor it for the sport that will be played in the next two months. So if I get around to submitting an article in the next few days, it will be on football.

YoureToast
12-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Yes. Please do that. I will read it carefully.

CarlSpackler
12-18-2005, 01:17 PM
I would love to read an article written by you on sports betting. Like you said, there is very little good information out there...

20Five
12-18-2005, 03:35 PM
i would read it.. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lori
12-18-2005, 03:46 PM
I would guess that it would be very welcome. It might be wise to contact Ed before putting a lot of time and effort in, just in case, but personally I can't see any reason why any gambling magazine wouldn't want good articles about gambling.

I would read it.

Lori

Performify
12-18-2005, 03:59 PM
likewise, very interested, yadda yadda...

SumZero
12-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Please, please, please do it. And if Ed Miller and other 2+2ers are reading this thread, please pick the article up!

NajdorfDefense
12-19-2005, 12:20 AM
always interested, Yao, plus other people will read the magazine, but I'll look for it wherever you post it.

Naj

Easy E
12-19-2005, 01:28 PM
We can alway post an alert on the article if it's accepted.

If not, you can just post it here.

King Yao
01-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Just a heads. I wrote an article on Super Bowl Props for the February Two Plus Two Internet Magazine - which I think will be online on Tuesday, Feb 1. It is a look at a specific prop and how to evaluate it. I was just in Vegas, and made bets on this prop. In my opinion, there is still good value in it right now. The article will show my thoughts and how I came up with the valuation. It was written a couple of weeks ago before the line came out, so I don't specifically point to the actually line or the two teams involved, but all the information is there for smart guys that frequent this board to figure it out.

Thanks for the encouragement in this thread.

shamu
01-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks Yao. Look forward to reading your work.

Ed Miller
01-31-2006, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a heads. I wrote an article on Super Bowl Props for the February Two Plus Two Internet Magazine - which I think will be online on Tuesday, Feb 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's up now. You can find it here (http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/issue14/yao0206.html). I think it's a terrific article.

Performify
02-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Yao, thanks for writing this. great work.

Ed, thanks for posting the link to let us know.

NajdorfDefense
02-01-2006, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a heads. I wrote an article on Super Bowl Props for the February Two Plus Two Internet Magazine - which I think will be online on Tuesday, Feb 1. It is a look at a specific prop and how to evaluate it. I was just in Vegas, and made bets on this prop. In my opinion, there is still good value in it right now. The article will show my thoughts and how I came up with the valuation. It was written a couple of weeks ago before the line came out, so I don't specifically point to the actually line or the two teams involved, but all the information is there for smart guys that frequent this board to figure it out.

Thanks for the encouragement in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great article, Yao, I'm a big fan. Pretty soon you'll have a fanclub like Ed...forced to live in hiding...ducking the paparazzi...

Naj