PDA

View Full Version : Who are the purple names?

RussianBear
12-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Who are the names that appear in purple? Other than Mason, David and Mat, why are some names red, like Ed and Chuck. Why are not all 2+2 authors differentiated, like Feeney and Dr. Al? Why are certain V.I.P.s who post here not differentiated like Raymer, Greenstein and myself? Okay, I'm not a V.I.P., but Raymer and Greenstein are.

Sniper
12-17-2005, 08:21 PM
I can answer part of your question...

Red = Forum Administrator
Green = Forum Moderator

RussianBear
12-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Great...we're making progress.

Nut4Dawgs
12-17-2005, 09:30 PM
There are two reds. The brighter indicates, I think, Author. (Sklansky, Miller for instance)

Who's got purple? Don't recall seeing it.

RussianBear
12-17-2005, 11:57 PM
I remember for certain seeing purple.

Nut4Dawgs
12-18-2005, 12:56 AM
There was a short-lived "free-for-all-color-fest." Lasted about a day. Posters picked a color of their choice. It got out of hand and was called to a halt. Maybe it was during that time.

Lloyd
12-18-2005, 03:36 AM
Do you mean the color names change to after you click on them to view their profile? Their name changes colors but only relative to the specific post where you clicked their name. It's a bizarre behavior and probably shouldn't happen.

MrWookie
12-21-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was a short-lived "free-for-all-color-fest." Lasted about a day. Posters picked a color of their choice. It got out of hand and was called to a halt. Maybe it was during that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The mods have the power to change anyones name to any color. The first person to get a color was Astroglide, IIRC (who's now a mod). He was made purple for making a cool post that won a contest in OOT. Then some mods changed the colors of their friends, and then there was the free-for-all. That was done just for giggles with the intention of taking away most/all of the colors after a brief stint. Instead, it was decided that no one should have any colors, save mods and admins, because it looked ugly. We decided to make an exception to this for Stuey, who's currently orange. He's been making really cool avatars (or holiday improvements of their old ones) for people, something that's been really fun, and a cool contribution to the board. I'm not sure how long it will last, but, yes, in general, mods are no longer changing colors for anyone.

kyro
12-22-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean the color names change to after you click on them to view their profile? Their name changes colors but only relative to the specific post where you clicked their name. It's a bizarre behavior and probably shouldn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens because you've clicked a hyperlink and the default for most HTML that I've learned is to make a clicked hyperlink a different color. I'm sure someone could change this if it was that much of a problem.

Annorax
12-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Ever think about making banned posters black? I see no reason why they should have the same color as everyone else, thus making it look like they can reply to quoted posts and PMs...

[Phill]
01-10-2006, 01:14 PM
There is already a black poster who is very respected so it wouldnt quite 'fit'.

Btw, there is at least one blue one out there too...