PDA

View Full Version : party beta permanent by month's end

econophile
01-10-2006, 06:39 PM
e-mailed tech@partypoker.com today regarding the beta client. here is their response:

Dear Tim,

Thank you for contacting us.

The Beta Testing Software will replace the current Software by the end of January.

For more details, please visit the following link and download the Beta version:

http://partypoker.com/download/index.htm

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Divya S
Poker Customer Care

pr0crast
01-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I just sent them this:

[ QUOTE ]
I've been using the Party beta software extensively for the last month and here are my thoughts on it:

You obviously made the "table resize" button with massive multitablers such as myself in mind. For this, I commend you. But there are a few minor improvements you can still make that would vastly improve the usefulness of this tool. First of all, if I am running ten tables, it makes the top four tables smaller than the bottom six to accomodate the 1600x1200 resolution limitations. This is fine, but it would make much more sense to make the bottom four tables smaller instead, since the top four tables are usually the tournaments that are furthest along and demand the most attention. Secondly, I have two monitors hooked up and occasionally I'll use both of them at the same time to play poker. It would be convenient if when I had five windows on one screen and five on the other screen, if when I pressed the table resize button on a table, it would only resize/rearrange the five tables on that screen. As it is currently configured, the table resize feature has no functionality for those wishing to use two monitors.

I heard that the party beta will be going mainstream at the end of the month, so I wish you all the best of luck! Keep up the good work.

[/ QUOTE ]

pr0crast
01-11-2006, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear pr0crast,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

We have forwarded your comments to our Management Team who will decide on the best course of action.

Your feedback is very important to us and helps us to continue to provide the ultimate online gaming experience to all our players.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Mariya
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

smellmuth
01-11-2006, 04:16 AM
can someone refresh me on the issue of observed hand histories with the new client?

theRealMacoy
01-11-2006, 04:33 AM
the new beta does not allow saving of observed hand histories.

smellmuth
01-11-2006, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the new beta does not allow saving of observed hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]

is someone working on a way to gather that information, with plans to sell the software? how difficult of a programming task would this be? im sure i could find someone willing to work on this if its feasible.

theRealMacoy
01-11-2006, 05:53 AM
there is one in development by a poster called Supabill.

it is still in early beta.

i am not sure whether he is working with the current pp beta or not. that would seem the best approach.

once the switch by pp happens i am confident a solution will be found to the observed hands histories problem.....hopefully supamine can be ready and waiting.

cheers,
sean

Foghatlive
01-11-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm a bit out of the loop regarding the table resizing feature of the new Party beta.

How small will you be able to make these tables?

I have one Samsung 204t (20.1",1600x1200) and one Dell 15" 1028x800. I currently can play 5 w/ no overlap.

Padster
01-11-2006, 09:22 AM
No doubt you already know but wrt your uneven table sizing and across 2 monitors the way I've found around it is to not bother with the tiling buttons but instead manually resize the tables to the smallest size (which will make all table sizes identical). I dont find this a hassle, it takes about 1 second per table.

Lost Wages
01-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Apparently, Party doesn't want players to datamine anymore. My guess is that any software that circumvents this desire will be banned. They have been very effective in preventing players from using software that they dislike in the past.

Lost Wages

SamIAm
01-11-2006, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They have been very effective in preventing players from using software that requires the player to log in that they dislike in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp.
-Sam

MrGladstone
01-11-2006, 03:20 PM
So if observed hands cannot be saved, does this also mean that stats on observed tables will not be collected?

I like to open several tables and wait until pokertracker/PAHUD stats are generated so I can choose the softest tables. Will I still be able to do this?

Foghatlive
01-11-2006, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So if observed hands cannot be saved, does this also mean that stats on observed tables will not be collected?

I like to open several tables and wait until pokertracker/PAHUD stats are generated so I can choose the softest tables. Will I still be able to do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

That's what they're trying to stop.

They don't have a problem w/ multi-tabling as the more tables you play, the more money you spend vis a vis rake. However, when you observe tables for hours, you're not paying anything.

veganmav
01-11-2006, 09:52 PM
but isn't this what supamine is gonna circumvent? i thought it was gonna go for screen scraping or what not... tell me if i'm wrong?

Unabridged
01-12-2006, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but isn't this what supamine is gonna circumvent? i thought it was gonna go for screen scraping or what not... tell me if i'm wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he said there would be no screenscraping, he was just going to pull the text out of ram

Unabridged
01-12-2006, 01:59 AM
if the no HHF thing sticks, they might as well let us open as many tables as we want.

Lost Wages
01-12-2006, 09:16 AM
You can only open 4 tables if you are not logged in.

Lost Wages

mackem
01-12-2006, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

You can open up multiple Party Poker's.

soma_
01-12-2006, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

Create a desktop shortcut to Party Poker, select it, and mash enter as many times as you want.

SamIAm
01-12-2006, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

Create a desktop shortcut to Party Poker, select it, and mash enter as many times as you want.

[/ QUOTE ]I understood this to originally be the explicit point of SupaMine i.e. the only way it's superior to PartyMine. Now that it's getting around the hhf problem, it has extra uses.
-Sam