PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou / Oklahoma Jan 10: What am I missing?

ChipWrecked
01-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Seems to me these teams match up pretty well. Sooners have a big edge at the free throw line but Tigers are better 3-point shooters. Other than that their stats are pretty close. Consensus betting is 51/49 to OK. Why -13 Sooners? I think there is good value on Missouri in this game. Please correct me if I'm missing something, else I will toss my money away on the Tigers. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

OperationVegas
01-10-2006, 10:56 AM
When you looked at this game, did you at all consider whom these teams have played, talent level, home court advantage, etc etc. I'm not suggesting I like Oklahoma, but there is more to any game than just team names and a few stats.

chekthastak
01-10-2006, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me these teams match up pretty well. Sooners have a big edge at the free throw line but Tigers are better 3-point shooters. Other than that their stats are pretty close. Consensus betting is 51/49 to OK. Why -13 Sooners? I think there is good value on Missouri in this game. Please correct me if I'm missing something, else I will toss my money away on the Tigers. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Mizzou has lost to Sam Houston, Illinois by 32 and beat Texas A&M Corpus Christia by a point. They are a pretty bad team.

TWolf2006
01-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Here's what Steven Nover of covers.com free picks has to say about the game

Free Pick for Today

Sport: College Basketball Picks
Game: Missouri @ Oklahoma on Jan 10 2006 8:00PM
Prediction: Oklahoma
Reason:
After losing their Big 12 opener Saturday to Nebraska, 59-58, the Oklahoma Sooners are in danger of falling out of the national rankings.

So I see a motivated Sooners club looking to make a strong impression at home on national television against a Missouri squad that is down from previous years.

Oklahoma is 8-1 at home. Missouri is winless in three tries on the road. The Tigers lost at home to Sam Houston State, fell to Illinois by 30 points and struggled to beat Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, Furman and Oakland.

The Sooners also have a huge coaching mismatch with Kelvin Sampson against Quin Snyder. The pointspread is big here, but the Sooners will cover the number.

Stephen Nover went 2-0 on his college picks Monday, including selecting Irvine to cover against Santa Barbara on his free pick. Irvine, a 5-point underdog, won outright. For Tuesday, Stephen likes Oklahoma to cover against Missouri.

ChipWrecked
01-10-2006, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Because Mizzou has lost to Sam Houston, Illinois by 32 and beat Texas A&M Corpus Christia by a point. They are a pretty bad team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oklahoma was blown out by West Virginia, and of course dropped that Nebraska game. Should not be Top 25 IMO.

NajdorfDefense
01-10-2006, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you missed anything. good call.

Naj

ChipWrecked
01-10-2006, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you missed anything. good call.

Naj

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I put 3 u on Mizzou. (that rhymes /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Performify
01-11-2006, 12:01 AM
M-I-Z...

/images/graemlins/grin.gif