PDA

View Full Version : New Pro Forum?

Tupacia
04-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Sorry if this has been covered before, but it seems like every other day there's a post about becoming a pro popping up in odd places. This forum could cover tax issues, time allocation, considerations, etc. I think it'd be a big help to all the newbs who come here instantly wanting to know what it means to be a pro and how it can be done.

cambraceres
04-14-2006, 06:05 AM
Perhaps better would be an faq on the subject, which experienced posters can refer them to.

you know like...

nation
04-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Wow, I was just thinking of this if I won the new forum for a day/week easter egg thing. This exact forum went through my mind.

A forum about pro's, their thoughts, experiences, and other various 'being a pro' related topics would be great. I think many posters would love a forum like this to ask questions and gain insight on life of a pro, from the big money winners, to the grinders.

nation
04-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Interest in a pro forum?

bobbyi
04-17-2006, 03:58 PM
I think something like this is needed. Right now, this stuff mostly goes in General Holdem, but that isn't ideal because these topics aren't specific to the game of holdem and it would be nice if people who play other forms of poker were involved (even if there aren't that many of them).

thing85
04-19-2006, 11:06 PM
It certainly is a nice area of discussion, but it's fairly narrow. After a while of people asking the same questions over and over (questions that could easily be stickied in a FAQ), there is little room for discussion, outside of pros using it almost as a blog to report their progress.

I like the idea, but it might be too narrow of a topic to merit its own forum.