PDA

View Full Version : 10 commnandments

hashi92
04-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Did anybody watch this new version that has been playing the last couple of nights. Wow it was pretty violent. I feel sorry for all the parents who let there kids watch it thinking that it was a family show. It sure painted a vengeful and unforgiving god. It definetly makes me think less of the catholic religon.

slickpoppa
04-12-2006, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did anybody watch this new version that has been playing the last couple of nights. Wow it was pretty violent. I feel sorry for all the parents who let there kids watch it thinking that it was a family show. It sure painted a vengeful and unforgiving god. It definetly makes me think less of the catholic religon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just Catholics? I'm pretty sure Jews and other Christians believe in the 10 Commandment story too.

luckyme
04-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Naturally better special effects and acting. The wheeling-dealing godfather, in our image, role they had god play in this one was more endearing than the version being put forward these days. Setting aside the murder of women, children and the injured, the 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' put forth as an option providing they kicked out the other gods did have an earthy realism to it.

They could have redone the 10 commandments and came up with a more useful 3 or 4, but maybe they were trying to stay fairly true to the original show.

luckyme

ThinkQuick
04-13-2006, 01:36 AM
even if the old one was also inaccurate in some ways, I just remember watching it when I was small - I really like it and wanted this one to be just like it

dankus
04-13-2006, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It sure painted a vengeful and unforgiving god. It definetly makes me think less of the catholic religon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Catholicism does not teach that god is unforgiving.

In fact, two sacraments can be shown that the faith is organized around a forgiving god, rather then an unforgiving god. The sacraments of Baptism and Reconciliation both absolve the person of sins that were committed.

Peter666
04-14-2006, 08:19 PM
The Bible is filled with R and X rated material which is true to the human condition.